Audi owners in here!

mjt

mjt

Soldato
So the clock in my C6 A6 has been showing the year as 2000 on and off for the past few months and Google told me this means the battery is on its way out. This morning I got a “battery low; will charge when driving” message.

Time for a new battery? Is there more than one on a facelift 2.0 TDI C6?
Does it need coding to the car at a dealer or can I just buy a new one and replace it myself?

Cheers

Soldato
Long shot but anyone have an A3 convertible? Trying to determine whether a biggish suitcase would fit in the bootspace. Happy to do it with the roof up.

Looking at one as a hire car as it's looking reasonably priced and seems more practical that a Suzuki Jimny convertible (although arguably less fun!)

Associate
Got delivered last week. A1 S Line Competiion 40 with all the toys! Pretty nippy at 200bhp too. It's quite a bit wider than the old A1 seems more A3 size, guess the new A3 out in a few months has gone up in size also to compensate.

AC1.jpg

AC2.jpg

Soldato
Does anybody know what diagnostic tools Sytner Audi use as im a little confused. I have took my car into Audi due to the entire MMI not turning on. I suspect it is a loose cable/broken cable as the days before it went off the MMI would only turn off if you hit a pot hole, rough road etc but on a smooth road it would work fine before finally dieing.

I got a phone call from the technician saying they have run a diagnostic and that the MMI is not showing any errors and they suspect a loose cable, but they dont know how long it will take them as they could remove the unit and its a simple case of plugging it back in or the break could be somewhere else in the car. Now my issue is i have a Ross Tech VCDS and i scanned the car and it comes up "Cannot be reached 1100" for the MMI So how would they be able to scan the unit to see that there are no errors if there is no power to it? Especially as they haven't removed the unit to plug a diagnostic tool direct into it?

Soldato
Got delivered last week. A1 S Line Competiion 40 with all the toys! Pretty nippy at 200bhp too. It's quite a bit wider than the old A1 seems more A3 size, guess the new A3 out in a few months has gone up in size also to compensate.

AC1.jpg

AC2.jpg

Nice, what's the interior quality like compared with the old one. Have you the newer VC as well?

Ev0

Ev0

Soldato
Wife had a test drive in an SQ2 and long story short, it was a nice car but didn’t feel worth the money they are going for new. No idea on any used prices though (if there’s much out there used yet).

We had a Golf R for a couple of years and unsurprisingly it felt like that but higher up.

Typical Audi though in that a lot of things she’d have wanted on it were options, where as on the Golf they were standard.

mjt

mjt

Soldato
Wife had a test drive in an SQ2 and long story short, it was a nice car but didn’t feel worth the money they are going for new. No idea on any used prices though (if there’s much out there used yet).

We had a Golf R for a couple of years and unsurprisingly it felt like that but higher up.

Typical Audi though in that a lot of things she’d have wanted on it were options, where as on the Golf they were standard.
Sounds about right. I'm not in the UK but residuals are always very strong on Audi S cars, but it's too new to see for the moment.
Just noticed that electric memory seats aren't an option, which on a car pushing £50k fully loaded is a bit **** really. Golf R/Audi S3 on stilts was what I was expecting to hear :p

Ev0

Ev0

Soldato
List price with the options she wanted it was around £42k, broker sites had same spec for 37/38.

It was nice enough though, wife liked being little bit higher up which made things a little easier/comfier with her dodgy back.

Back
Top Bottom