• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

AMD Zen 2 (Ryzen 3000) - *** NO COMPETITOR HINTING ***

Caporegime
Maybe the leaks were right, then AMD saw how happy we were in here to get such good bargains they thought.. hang on a minute, we need to change things around and price them higher :o

Certainly the CPU's are the CPU's AdoredTV listed, just with names and pricing structures that are also the same but in different paces.

As he said him self in the video, pricing structures can easily be rejigged, nothing is set in stone until its on the shelves.

Soldato
I wonder how many of the 7nm CPU chiplets only have 3 working cores? Could AMD possibly split the product stack of the 6c/12t CPU's by ensuring that the 3600X has one CPU chiplet and the normal 3600 using two sub-par chiplets. It's been obvious that this has been a possibility since the announcement at CES, but getting volume into the market place may mean they have been extra frugal to ensure highest return per wafer. After all it seems unlikely that the R5 3600 could be any slower than an R5 2600, what with the IPC gains. :)

Caporegime
I wonder how many of the 7nm CPU chiplets only have 3 working cores? Could AMD possibly split the product stack of the 6c/12t CPU's by ensuring that the 3600X has one CPU chiplet and the normal 3600 using two sub-par chiplets. It's been obvious that this has been a possibility since the announcement at CES, but getting volume into the market place may mean they have been extra frugal to ensure highest return per wafer. After all it seems unlikely that the R5 3600 could be any slower than an R5 2600, what with the IPC gains. :)

That's an interesting bit of insight.

Surely the dual chiplet SKUs will have 64MB L3 versus 32MB for the single chiplet SKUs.

Edit: 3600 and 3600X have 32MB L3 as per official AMD specs.

Then there's the fact that AMD are still using 4c CCX within each chiplet (though 2x 4c CCX), and that they could only make it function if the number of active cores in each CCX was the same. From that it is impossible to produce a 6c dual chiplet SKU.

Last edited:
Soldato
I wonder how many of the 7nm CPU chiplets only have 3 working cores?
Likely not that many.
If there are many enough flaws to require disabling over half the cores, then likelyhood for having also some critical flaw should be quite major.

And having one six core SKU with single chiplet and another with two chiplets would certainly cause "some" disparity to performance in various loads.

Surely the dual chiplet SKUs will have 64MB L3 versus 32MB for the single chiplet SKUs.
Amount of available L3 can be likely controlled relatively easily.
I think quite few CPUs have had L3 designed so that parts of it can be disabled in case of flaws.
Better to sell die as lower model CPU, than trash bin it completely.
But other factors should be lot bigger complications.

Soldato

Edit: 3600 and 3600X have 32MB L3 as per official AMD specs.

Then there's the fact that AMD are still using 4c CCX within each chiplet (though 2x 4c CCX), and that they could only make it function if the number of active cores in each CCX was the same. From that it is impossible to produce a 6c dual chiplet SKU.

Cache can be disabled, the same was as faulty cores can be.

Soldato
Likely not that many.
If there are many enough flaws to require disabling over half the cores, then likelyhood for having also some critical flaw should be quite major.

And having one six core SKU with single chiplet and another with two chiplets would certainly cause "some" disparity to performance in various loads.

The could have a chiplet with a single CCX non-conforming, and thus they are left with a single CCX chiplet.

As for the performance disparity, why does that matter if they are clearly sold as separate SKU's? If you pay more you get more, pretty sure that is as simple as it gets. :)

Soldato
Thats funny.All he really got right was the clocks and core counts,
he didn't get any pricing right, nor where any of the SKUs were going to sit in the line-up.

Can't really say he got them almost right at all.
Have to say without having listened to or watched every one of his ‘leaks’ it certainly appears as though he got **** all right that most ordinary ‘Joes’ hadn’t already ‘got right’.

Smells to me like he had **** all ‘leaks’ and was just guessing like everyone else. Calling his info ‘his guesses’ wasn’t going to get him follows/likes/shares so he called them ‘leaks’
Personally he can **** off - for me he’s a BS peddler and will be treated as such in future.

Associate
Jim's videos are not as bad as people make out. People are just over reacting again, like usual on the internet. His leaks were 6 months before the release date, and anyone taking what he says as fact are the ones making the mistake.

Regardless of how accurate his leaks were, I personally find his videos very entertaining and well put together.

One thing I think about though, is how much his leaks did actually influence the final outcome of the lineup. Lisa said in an interview that she actually does pay very close attention to the information floating about the internet.

Caporegime
When you spend 2-3 hours regularly a day on a motorway, you've gotta occupy your mind some way haha (well listening/treating as a podcast)

His voice alone would make me want to drive off a cliff....

Smells to me like he had **** all ‘leaks’ and was just guessing like everyone else. Calling his info ‘his guesses’ wasn’t going to get him follows/likes/shares so he called them ‘leaks’
Personally he can **** off - for me he’s a BS peddler and will be treated as such in future.

Well exactly...Click bait BS...people are so Naive....Throw some production value at any topic and people will always believe it thinking its coming from some place of authenticity when its come from a council estate Scotland :p

Alreeeeet Geeeeeys.......:mad:

Associate
His voice alone would make me want to drive off a cliff....

Well exactly...Click bait BS...people are so Naive....Throw some production value at any topic and people will always believe it thinking its coming from some place of authenticity when its come from a council estate Scotland :p

Alreeeeet Geeeeeys.......:mad:

lol as opposed to some of the BS from some of the keyboard warriors on here.
Looks like he has become an easy target now we know more.

Soldato
lol as opposed to some of the BS from some of the keyboard warriors on here.
not sure anyone on here was claiming to have insider knowledge/leaks in the same way Adored was? but if there was i'll gladly call them out as BS peddlers just like Adored/Jim
Looks like he has become an easy target now we know more.
hang your neck out claiming to have leaks, make bold claims off the back of them....behave like a brat (on twitter i believe it was) when reality hits. yea, I doubt many other than his most ardent fans/defenders will be giving a flying **** about him.

anyways, we've only a few more weeks before we know all the facts.

Soldato
To be fair to AdoredTV, there are warnings every time there are rumours. Truth is everyone likes speculation, some people make an effort, show their working and entertain the rest of us. If you don't like it don't watch it or do better yourself. "Haha you got it wrong" isn't adding anything to the discussion.

I imagine AMD were far more interested in all the currently "disappointed" forum dwellers that were running around saying the "leaked" prices were a bargain:rolleyes: Wonder why they turned out to be higher? ;)

Associate
If AMD were about to launch CPUs rumoured to be twice as fast as current CPUs, I could understand the interest shown here. As it is, AMD might be about to launch CPUs a reasonably bit faster than current CPUs. My R5 1600 is still doing the biz. Carry on frothing.......

Back
Top Bottom