Pic: Your desk...RIGHT NOW

Man of Honour
Steedie. I can see you have the Alex drawers at one end. Are there drawers the other end, or is there just a leg holding the table up? How solid is the worktop? And how does it feel compared to a solid wood top?

I have a filing cabinet underneath but also two legs. The Karlby is a properly sturdy worktop, so the 186cm is more than happy to be supported at just either end. The longer one I think you’d want to support in the middle as well just to prevent any sag

Caporegime
I have a filing cabinet underneath but also two legs. The Karlby is a properly sturdy worktop, so the 186cm is more than happy to be supported at just either end. The longer one I think you’d want to support in the middle as well just to prevent any sag
I want the 186. So you think Alex drawers one end and two ikea legs the other would be solid enough?

LiE

LiE

Caporegime
Case has gone under the desk. Extra crispy clean now.

pCdXitv.jpg

Recently switched back to my preferred OS, MacOS. Mac Mini + the new LG Ultrafine. The desk mat is so new it's still not flat at the edges! Also need hide the external SSD under the desk with a longer USB-C cable.

desk_setup_july_2019.jpg

Caporegime
Recently switched back to my preferred OS, MacOS. Mac Mini + the new LG Ultrafine. The desk mat is so new it's still not flat at the edges! Also need hide the external SSD under the desk with a longer USB-C cable.

desk_setup_july_2019.jpg
Ive got a Steelseries mat that’s curled at one corner and won’t go flat. I don’t think anything has ever bugged me as much.

Caporegime

desk_setup_july_2019.jpg
Stick it to the underside of the desk with velcro. No need for a longer cable and even tidier.

LiE

LiE

Caporegime
Ive got a Steelseries mat that’s curled at one corner and won’t go flat. I don’t think anything has ever bugged me as much.

I plan to stick some heavy books on the corners overnight, failing that a tea towel and the iron are going to have a go at it.

Stick it to the underside of the desk with velcro. No need for a longer cable and even tidier.

That was my first thought, but there is a big cable tidy cage under the desk which would be easier to just put it in there and run a longer cable.

LiE

LiE

Caporegime

desk_setup_july_2019.jpg

A few changes. Mac mini I changed for a refreshed 2019 13" MacBook Pro. Speakers were moved on and I now have a HomePod. AirPods are now my daily headphones.

The pen has returned for @Steedie

Setup_August_2019.jpg

Back
Top Bottom