Spec me some comfortable walking sandals.

Commissario
I walk a lot. No secret there.

In the summer, as soon as the sun comes out, I'm in shorts.

Generally I walk in trainers with a short pair of socks. Not quite trainer socks because I find they tend to pull down under my heel and make it really uncomfortable.

When I'm not walking, I live in flip flops but they're not good for walking any distance at any kind of speed.

Does anyone have any suggestions for decent, comfortable sandals that are good for walking and will give my tootsies some fresh air in the summer. I know I'll get comedy tan lines but they can't be as bad as the ones I have already.

Any suggestions please?

Warning: The first person to suggest Crocs will get a 24 hour suspension. I am not kidding!

1VYPAsy.jpeg

Thanks.

Caporegime
Why sandals? They look naff and they're just not comfortable compared to a proper shoe. For the summer I use very light-weight walking trainers and honestly they're fantastic. Great ventilation, full support and best of all - no stones!

Soldato
Not sandals, and not quite for mountain climbs, but my North Face flip flops are some of the best shoes I've ever owned. I'm now on my third pair. I did hike up Mount Vesuvius with a load of film equipment with them on, and done 10 miles of walking in cities per day with them and never had any issues.

They're basically the only ones they do but they're called Base Camp.

Commissario
OP
The problem is the socks, finding a decent low sock that's not going to pull down below my heel has been a pain. However, link me up with these light weight walking trainers and I shall have a look.

Caporegime
I have a couple of pairs of Helly Hansen trainer socks which are specifically shaped for the left and right foot (have a little L and R on them) and they've never slipped once on me. I currently use a fairly old pair of Karrimor Pace trail shoes which are very lightweight and incredibly well ventilated.
WeOYr2.jpg

Soldato
im looking for some ,got some expensive walking boots but too warm in the summer ,had the ones in picture but they finally broke after years of service ,not sure what they were but they never rubbed. think i will try instore first then online for best price as ive pretty wide feet

2ci781g.jpg

Back
Top Bottom