Netflix subscription price rises announced

Soldato
Well I guess you only watched a small selection of the Netflix originals and I also guess you watched the wrong selection too!

I was saying to a friend today, it is almost a shame. A few years back if Netflix made an original, you knew it would be worth a watch. Now there is so much, you can't just make that assumption.

Man of Honour
Thanks for the heads up I'll check it out! Hopefully can find a 4K one, everything else on my TV works perfectly fine just this one stupid app.
Yes I have a 4K Roku stick. I can't confirm the performance at 4K though as I don't have a 4K TV. It runs great at 1080p. There is also a Roku Ultra box for a lot more money but it's more powerful again and has an ethernet network option.

Soldato
Tbh most of the Netflix Originals are utter dross, barring the odd gem, and every time I start the app the auto-playing trailers instantly get on my nerves.

The quality of Amazon's content offering is much better imo, I have it anyway for deliveries, I don't have to pay extra for HD/4k subscription, and I can rent movies/buy other TV content.

Did I mention Amazon doesn't obnoxiously autoplay trailers?

Soldato
Tbh most of the Netflix Originals are utter dross, barring the odd gem, and every time I start the app the auto-playing trailers instantly get on my nerves.

The quality of Amazon's content offering is much better imo, I have it anyway for deliveries, I don't have to pay extra for HD/4k subscription, and I can rent movies/buy other TV content.

No Amazon just play a trailer for something else whenever you watch a program lol.

Soldato
Tbh most of the Netflix Originals are utter dross, barring the odd gem

Netflix have changed tactics and started to pick-up a lot of cancelled Fox/ABC etc shows with good (but not great) audience figures as they already come with an audience base rather than risking money lots of new "Original" series which, over the next 5 years I expect to be vastly reduced in numbers.

Caporegime
Does seem Wierd the top tier has gone up more. Also I'm surprised there's 'only' 10 million viewers in the UK, I'd have thought It would be at least double that. I agree with the above, I had prime just to watch grand tour but there's not a lot of other stuff on there.

account sharing is rife.

you can have 4 households all using 1 account

Soldato

Most Netflix Movies are terrible, but the series are usually pretty good. Bojack, Stranger Things, Glow etc.

Amazon's autoplaying an advert when I open the app on my phone, and trailers before watching anything, are about as annoying as Netflix's behaviour. In Netflix's favour is that at least none of that happens on my phone, just on TV.

I started with just Amazon, and was dubious that Netflix would be a worthy addition - only got it because Mrs Cheesyboy wanted to watch The Crown - but I now find myself watching Netflix for, probably, about 60-70% of my streaming vs Prime.

Soldato
I must be the only one that prefers Prime. Glad im only on the Standard package, more than £10 a month and its a no from me.

Don't honestly understand how, they do have some good content, but it feels like they only update their content every 3 months, at least on Netflix something new turns up most weeks

Soldato
OP
Finally? Where have you been hiding? I have had two price rises in 2 years already. :(

I've not had one, I read last year the US prices were going up & assumed we would follow quite quickly but they didn't seem to materialize (for me at least)
I'm not complaining about the rise, I still think £11.99 is good value especially compared with other offerings namely Amazon, although I look at Amazon TV as a bonus as i really subscribed for prime delivery.

Paying Netflix £12/month for a household account is about the same as a normal TV licence. So I think it's ok to ditch normal TV and just stick with Netflix, or the other way round and have just normal TV.

When you have normal TV, Prime, Netflix and a Sky package all running concurrently, then where does it end?

Man of Honour
Paying Netflix £12/month for a household account is about the same as a normal TV licence. So I think it's ok to ditch normal TV and just stick with Netflix, or the other way round and have just normal TV.

When you have normal TV, Prime, Netflix and a Sky package all running concurrently, then where does it end?
That's what I had so I binned Sky and plan to use Now TV to watch anything I want from there.

Soldato
I'd love to sub
I might do the same if/when NowTV can provide a better quality stream (1080p+).

They also need to seriously clean up their user experience and UI in general. Watching in a Windows environment requires that clunky piece of software, you can't search content through actor names, quite often it forgets what and where I stopped watching in episodes, etc

Soldato
I'd love to sub

They also need to seriously clean up their user experience and UI in general. Watching in a Windows environment requires that clunky piece of software, you can't search content through actor names, quite often it forgets what and where I stopped watching in episodes, etc

Their TV app now forces an advert for another show at the start of shows, it's very annoying.

However for about £2-3/month entertainment pass and the content available, I can put up with it.

Back
Top Bottom