• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

AMD Zen 2 (Ryzen 3000) - *** NO COMPETITOR HINTING ***

Associate
How the hell is it strawmanning ? do you even know what that means ?

I didnt say he didn't get anything right, I was just refuting the fact you said he was pretty much spot on, he wasn't at all he was half right, its clutching at straws to say he was " pretty much bang on"

Wether he knew the real pricing or ot, or AMD changed it after his leak I don't know, but it all felt a bit too good to be true and I can't help but think thsi was purposely done to hype things up for views/clicks whatever
Well when you shift the product stack up a level, his leaks were actually pretty accurate. We know the 16c parts exist. We also know that there's 5GHz parts flying about too. So with the leaks coming from December and released in January, you can see AMD had a change of mind on product stack and pricing. That happens. They also saw Intel had nothing to compete and releasing the best parts was not necessary so they could shift the stack and end up with a larger profit margin. Makes logical business sense. Not something customers want to see, but hey...

I'm also willing to bet the 3800X has a lower boost clock to make the 3900X look better. Willing to bet there's some good overclocking headroom in the 3600/3700/3800 products and maybe even the 3900X too, though yet to see what the dual CCX chips can do.

As such when you look at the leaks with a critical eye and what has been announced so far, the stack shifted, the pricing shifted to suit and AMD are going to make bank on the products due to a lack of competition from Intel this time round. When Intel release Comet Lake AMD have their higher tier parts to release on cue, similar to how Nvidia work. Could even see a glut of 3x50 parts between Nov and March next year in response to Intel with higher boost clocks and probably higher base clocks.

If you just write off what he leaked (remember both him and RGT claim to have at least 2-3 unique sources at AMD) as useless then the assertion is that he's lying/fabricating these leaks and for them to be that accurate as fabrication is pretty amusing. Honestly I get really bored of reading the next 'I'm a skeptic give me backpats' post hating on people for covering leaks. Don't care whether it's AdoredTV or any other dude leaking info on any companies products.

Oh and you were strawmanning. You created a scenario which wasn't accurate to be able to rail on the guy. So yes strawmanning is what you were doing.

Soldato
I imagine AMD were far more interested in all the currently "disappointed" forum dwellers that were running around saying the "leaked" prices were a bargain:rolleyes: Wonder why they turned out to be higher? ;)
Indeed those happy to pay Intel's buttrape&robbery prices for old leaky architecture CPUs got what they wanted...

It won't, you think the global market is affected by a few enthusiast sales?
Yeah, enthusiasts following news are plain drop in a bucket.
It's things like stalling smartphone sales (because of insane pricing also in there) which have kept DRAM price dropping.

Associate
I'm assuming Navi will run on PCIE Gen 3 though and likely have no performance detriment? I'm not really seeing a point to the x570 for a regular user, for any of the boards, then again I don't really see much point to the x470 other than the superior VRM's.

Soldato
the biggest reasons to migrate to a new X570 motherboard would be the Navi-based Radeon RX 5700

That would actually be the smallest reason, since it won't need any where near the bandwidth of a 16x slot at 4.0, or even of a 16x 3.0 slot.

Also, if you think AMD are going to make it a 'PCI-E 4.0 only' card and make the available market about 0.05% of what could be achieved then, I don't know what to say.

Back
Top Bottom