Help Me Complete this 8Pack Bundle...

Soldato
About to click buy on this;

https://www.overclockers.co.uk/8pac...700k-5.0ghz-gaming-bundle-bu-015-8p.html#t=b1

Please help me spec the following to go with;

PSU
SSD

Also I could do with a fan recommendation to compliment the AIO and the following case;

https://www.overclockers.co.uk/lian...ower-case-black-tempered-glass-ca-77d-ll.html

ODE
My basket at Overclockers UK:
Total: £1,254.59 (includes shipping: £14.70)

if your rocking a lower GPU then RTX 2080 or Vega 64 then 550w PSU should do

MOBO is WAYYYYYYYYYYY better , not to mention wifi . AIO is better as well

all of that, for £100 more then 8 pack bundle.
If you dont want to overclock yourself, set M.C.E (multi core enhancement on) and will run at 4.9ghz all cores

jCZyK5b.jpg

Gigabyte have UK RMA on the board and rep support on here. Corsair also has a rep on here and UK Customer service team. PSUs are replaced with new if anything goes wrong​

Soldato
Hi, thanks for the reply. Will that PSU power a STRIX 2080ti?

its min recommend , if you got the cash then bump up to 750w !

also if you havent got the strix card, aorus or gaming oc - 4 yr UK RMA for a product your paying over a grand for !

https://www.overclockers.co.uk/giga...ddr6-pci-express-graphics-card-gx-1a7-gi.html

https://www.overclockers.co.uk/giga...ddr6-pci-express-graphics-card-gx-1a0-gi.html

gaming comes with free 256gb nvme drive, handy for OS drive

Soldato
OP
Made a last minute change to the CPU cooler, went for the Corsair Hydro H150i instead and a set of maglev RGB fans. Order placed.

The one click overclock is interesting because I am far from experienced when it comes to these sorts of things. I should be fine putting the rig together but overclocking is like another language. Is it as simple as changing a setting in the BIOS?

Soldato
Made a last minute change to the CPU cooler, went for the Corsair Hydro H150i instead and a set of maglev RGB fans. Order placed.

The one click overclock is interesting because I am far from experienced when it comes to these sorts of things. I should be fine putting the rig together but overclocking is like another language. Is it as simple as changing a setting in the BIOS?

Corsair use latest Asetek CLC units :)

Yeah, in bios should be able to enable MCE

would have personally taken 1TB nvme over slightly faster 500gb. As with gaming, you'll see no real difference between nvme and SSD sadly :(

Last edited:
Soldato
OP
Re the ssd; bugger, I might order the intel one and just send the Samsung one back then, just means I’ll have to wait until Monday to install the OS.

Soldato
Re the ssd; bugger, I might order the intel one and just send the Samsung one back then, just means I’ll have to wait until Monday to install the OS.

For the price it's no brainer. And still performance on paper is faster then SSD. Games like GTA5 and huge openworlds it is nice .

Is the ram equally as easy to oc or should I leave that as is?

As it's not ryzen, would leave it as it is, timings are very tight, you'd have to overclock it to 4100hz with CL19 timings to match that 3200hz kit performance

Soldato
OP
@orbitalwalsh - Everythings up and running but I cant help but think my fan setup is wrong. Have you experimented with different rad mounting locations etc? I noticed you have your side mounted fans pulling fresh air into the case, mine are currently pushing air out. Wondering if id be better turning these around. At the moment I dont have any bottom mounted but have some turning up on Tuesday.

Soldato
@orbitalwalsh - Everythings up and running but I cant help but think my fan setup is wrong. Have you experimented with different rad mounting locations etc? I noticed you have your side mounted fans pulling fresh air into the case, mine are currently pushing air out. Wondering if id be better turning these around. At the moment I dont have any bottom mounted but have some turning up on Tuesday.

I ran my fans as intake on the side due to wanting Positive air pressure in the case due to lots of exposed unfiltered areas in the case! Though this doesn't look nice and I have a lot of hot air leaving the top of m case where the AIO is mounted!

myself and others have bought demciflex filters to cover these gaps up, which means i can now run my side fans as exhaust like yourself and less heat through the top AIO

RKGiYOy.jpg

stock on the right and new on the left

KpdswtF.jpg

Would recommend getting bottom fans as intake! running at a faster speed then side and top fans as exhaust ! but you'll be running negative pressure and dust will be sucked in, unless your flip your side fans around so they arent in exhaust mode, but doesn't look as pretty

Soldato
Yeah this is was my issue, fans didnt look great mounted the other way round. Will get the 3 bottom mounted and see if that helps temps atall.

I have some braided cables coming too so going to repaste also, not conviced ive done a proper job.

cable management is every builds bane ~!

mines not done well but hidden at the back. out of site, out of mind :D

Soldato
Soldato
I’m interested in the 5.1 bundle over my 4.6 but might hold out til I see wot new intel cpus come out .

do what OP did and save cash and get parts separately.
intel 10 core is Q4 , end of quarter if i remember correctly, still 14nm node though - will be HOT! along with the pricing since AMD isn't releasing Ryzen 3000 as low as some would have hoped

Soldato
OP
I agree.

I've managed to achieve a real stable clock of 5.0 ghz on all cores with very little overclocking knowledge.

That said, if you look at gaming benchmarks there really isn't many frames between stock and overclocked. It begs the question, it it worth stressing the CPU in the first place.

With regards to the new CPU's, I don't think the performance difference between the 9 series and 10 series will be worth waiting for. Unless there's something huge on the horizon that I've missed. As orbital said, AMD's pricing means Intel will just carry on charging a premium so don't expect the new chips to be cheap.

Soldato
I agree.

I've managed to achieve a real stable clock of 5.0 ghz on all cores with very little overclocking knowledge.

That said, if you look at gaming benchmarks there really isn't many frames between stock and overclocked. It begs the question, it it worth stressing the CPU in the first place.

With regards to the new CPU's, I don't think the performance difference between the 9 series and 10 series will be worth waiting for. Unless there's something huge on the horizon that I've missed. As orbital said, AMD's pricing means Intel will just carry on charging a premium so don't expect the new chips to be cheap.
How many FPS are you are talking about here ? I’m very tempted for a new setup would love 5.1 bundle.

Back
Top Bottom