*** The Official Boxing Thread ***Do Not Discuss Illegal Streams

Soldato
It's considerably lowered his stock when negotiating with Wilder/Fury, so I think this one was anything but a fix!

Just noticed that Joshua had to hold his father back after the fight, he was trying to pounce on Hearn for some reason? This was just as Ruiz was being interviewed.

Associate
This was the first match I watched in a long time. Hey but much better than watching football, score in 1st minute and then again in 87th. Sit there for hour and a half watching them kick the ball around.

Soldato
IMO Joshua got too lazy with his training, he's always had issues hitting shorter boxers which he never trained on, he overestimated himself and his own hype and under estimated Andy Ruiz.

Andy Ruiz i have never seen him fight before he does not have that boxer look but he deserved to win, he seam to have trained properly for this fight used his high as a and getting underestimated as advantage.
The punching was amazing the best I've seen in a few years.

Does joshua have a rematch clause or does he need to work back to it ?

Soldato
He has a rematch clause. To be honest I still rate AJ, He never recovered form that 3rd round hit. Dont forget we are talking heavyweight boxing here when 1 punch can and often ends a fights. He got clumsy but he'll learn and be back. But you watching him in his corner you could tell he didn't know what was going on.

Class tweet from tyson fury though...Good sport

NVP

NVP

Soldato
Finally watched the whole thing... AJ the **** you have a spliff the night before for?! Honestly that's what it looked like, off with the fairies even during the intro.

I never noticed it before but the AJ / Eddie Hearns relationship gives off that domestic abuse feel, and we all know Hearns a see you next Tuesday... Perhaps something big happened in camp before hand?

They all couldn't have overlooked how hard an underdog would want 3 belts?!

Last edited:
Soldato
He has a rematch clause. To be honest I still rate AJ, He never recovered form that 3rd round hit. Dont forget we are talking heavyweight boxing here when 1 punch can and often ends a fights. He got clumsy but he'll learn and be back. But you watching him in his corner you could tell he didn't know what was going on.

Class tweet from tyson fury though...Good sport
What did Fury say?

Associate
Bit of talk going around today that AJ was knocked spark out in sparring last week, and they wanted the fight pulled but it wasn't allowed. That's why AJ's dad was going at Fast Eddie in the ring after.

Excuses?

Soldato
AJ needs to stop going on Graham Norton and other panel shows and concentrate on the one job that he has. Maybe he just wants a quick buck, like a lot of fighters do these days? Dunno.

Honestly speaking, he's refused bigger fights and this shows why. Will be interesting to see if he can come back from this. But again, he needs to stop trying to be a z-list celeb like all these other athletes.

Permabanned
Only just saw the cards:

l7TZYCh.jpg.png

So two judges had Ruiz up by only a single point, and that one judge actually had AJ winning! :rolleyes: Eddie Hearn no doubt treated them very well, to keep his golden goose shining. Thankfully the fight wasn't decided by the (corrupt) cards.

Caporegime
Depends if it was a mental scar rather than an undiagnosed physical injury.

Either way, we know AJ can take a huge punch and get back up so something was definitely wrong with him on the night. Having said that, this will give the likes of Ortiz, Whyte and especially Wilder the confidence they'll take him out if they land.

Soldato
must have been something behind the scenes. Joshua was off from word go. Fair play to Ruiz though end of the day he actually just beat Joshua up he didn’t just get lucky.

If anything it’s made things lot more interesting now.

Hopefully Joshua comes back stronger works on his defence a bit more. Always reckon fury is the best but still want Joshua up there being a Brit

Personal attack me all you like.

Facts are

I said AJ was overrated a while ago.
I said AJ looked slow stiff and gassed in the public workout

This is my opinion

He got battered by Andy and the reason I think is due to his lack of peds... even is body shape didn't look as good as it usually does.

Lol you are joking? His body shape! He is carrying far too much muscle that is part of his issue. You don’t like him. I don’t know why and maybe you have some issue we don’t don’t know about but you clearly know nothing about boxing. You spout complete nonsense as facts and always have.

Soldato
Got to give props to AJ he’s made no excuses to anyone. His backroom staff and father are circulating rumours, he’s still got a excellent record and good career ahead of him. He knows now he isn’t untouchable and to treat all opponents with the respect they deserve. Heavyweight fighters are one punch away from a finish, every dog has its day. He will be back for the belts and then take on a big fight it has to happen.

Soldato
I’ve watched the fight and highlights a few times now.

It’s interesting to see how someone carrying a lot of weight, can turn it into an advantage.

I thought Ruiz actually was really good, watching him - he’s like this big pile of boulders that’s quite short, so he found it quite easy to get in close and do damage.

Once he got in close - all that extra weight and low centre of gravity allowed him to really get stuck in.

Will be interesting to see the rematch for sure, I’m not 100% sure what the result would be..

Back
Top Bottom