Is anyone else starting to notice that 128GB of storage isn't enough?

Associate
Not really it's plenty of space I only have 64gb on my OnePlus 5T but. Only using 36gb of it intend to upload most of my things to cloud storage when I can and delete it off of my phone so it doesn't take up unneeded space

Soldato
416 books. They are all technical with the vast majority of them being programming books of some sort or other. The thing is they are great reference material so if I come across a specific problem I need to solve I want to ensure that I have them all there as I'm not sure what I'll be working on day to day.

I need them for reference purposes.

If you need them for reference when programming then I guess you're working on your PC so why not just keep them on that instead?

Soldato
Google Photos and Google Drive would solve all your challenges. I have 64GB on my Pixel 2 XL and I am currently using 58% of it, the majority being Spotify downloads (14.5GB) as I travel a lot and like to listen to music.

I don't think you're trying very hard to find solutions.

Soldato
Nope i've only just moved from a 16GB+32GB SD card Moto G5 to a 64GB Pixel 3a.

With everything i use installed, i've got 30+GB of free space.

Soldato
I've never been able to fill up 64gb over the past few years on my devices. Having said that a few (inc my current) devices have had SD Cards so I just tend to ram a ton of music and videos onto that if required.

With Android today, apps are taking increasing amounts of space, especially with frequent updates extending features and temp data folders/cache. Then you've got ever increasing cameras taking larger MP photos than before and lastly games take up tons of space so I'm glad I don't waste my life on that garb.

Caporegime
I only have 64GB and do ok, I just cant load multiple seasons worth of shows in one go any more.

8GB system
17GB apps and data
18GB pics and videos (I transfer all my photos and videos to PC every 6 months or so)
5GB audio
6GB cache and other

10GB free at the mo

Soldato
100GB google drive pretty much means only apps and the system is using data on my phone.

Photos and videos automatically back up and then regularly get cleared from device. Use Spotify for music.

Have 80GB free on 128GB device.

Associate
The minimum phone storage for me would be 128GB (although I currently use a 512GB S10 Plus, which is overkill for my needs but I dont mind having access to plenty of storage). I take lots of photos and videos of my family. That alone takes up most of the space. And since I travel a lot for work I do offline Spotify and save my dropbox offline as well.

My wife uses a 256GB iPhone XS Max and she already filled up her storage with just with photos and videos.

If devices have options for more storage, I wont complain.

Soldato
My 128GB microSDXC card is for music only and it's only half full. The phone is 32GB with 16GB free after apps and that's more than enough for everything else. I have zero interest in video and rarely take pics. I've bought one game (GTA: Chinatown Wars) and can't have spent more than 5 minutes on it. At least it was paid for with reward points and not cash. :p

Soldato
No idea why anyone would need more than 128gb on a phone to be honest.

Only went for the 256gb OnePlus 7 pro because it was only 50 quid more and also came with 2gb more ram. Oh, and I wanted the nebula blue colour :p

Back
Top Bottom