Caporegime
Order placed. Gone for:

BH Auto Wheels
BH Auto Foam
Gyeon Tire
Some Detailing brushes - https://www.cleanyourcar.co.uk/detailing-brush-set
Tyre dressing applicator
Tuf Shine Tyre Cleaning Brush

Order has arrived. Looking forward to dressing the tires.

cyc_products.jpg

Associate
I'd be interested to hear your thoughts on the Gyeon tyre dressing and how long it lasts. As much as I like the Meguiars Endurance gloss it does have a very wet look

Man of Honour
I prefer Gyeon Tyre Express, it gives a much nicer and more matte finish. The Gyeon tyre looks too shiny and plastic for my liking. I know you can wipe it off early to give a matte look, but it's not as good

LiE

LiE

Caporegime
I prefer Gyeon Tyre Express, it gives a much nicer and more matte finish. The Gyeon tyre looks too shiny and plastic for my liking. I know you can wipe it off early to give a matte look, but it's not as good

I was tempted by express but it doesn't last as long and is something I'd have to apply every wash.

Man of Honour
That's interesting since Gyeon Tire is supposed to give you 4+ weeks.

This isn't aimed at you but...absolute rubbish.

I'd be amazed if you got over 4 weeks with any tyre dressing. For the few washes I used Gyeon Tyre, it lasted no less or no longer than express. Probably depends if you're just slapping tyre dressing on your tyres without cleaning them which is what most people do. I always use Gyeon Tyre Cleaner before hand, which helps the dressing stick to the tyre rather than a layer of dirt

LiE

LiE

Caporegime
This isn't aimed at you but...absolute rubbish.

I'd be amazed if you got over 4 weeks with any tyre dressing. For the few washes I used Gyeon Tyre, it lasted no less or no longer than express. Probably depends if you're just slapping tyre dressing on your tyres without cleaning them which is what most people do. I always use Gyeon Tyre Cleaner before hand, which helps the dressing stick to the tyre rather than a layer of dirt

Sucks if that's the case, makes Gyeon Tire completely pointless Vs Express.

Caporegime
I've given up on tyre dressing, still got most of the bottle of some Meguairs left. It looks great for the first couple of days, then I swear after a week it's like its not there at all. Either I am used to it or the roads around here are really dusty.

I give the tyre wall and scrub with a brush, but that's about it.

LiE

LiE

Caporegime
Do you guys have any recommendations for a electrical polisher? I have some Bilt Hamber double speed wax and it's a PITA getting it off by hand.

I have BH DSW and it wasn't that bad to remove. How long are you leaving it on for? Nice thin even coat and allow to haze then remove, shouldn't be hard work.

Also a machine polisher would be use to apply the wax but not remove it.

Last edited:
Soldato
Do you guys have any recommendations for a electrical polisher? I have some Bilt Hamber double speed wax and it's a PITA getting it off by hand.

You're either applying it much too thickly, or leaving it to cure for too long. Damp the sponge, press it to the surface of the wax, and that will do at least half a panel (door) if not more. A little goes a very very long way with DSW.

Soldato
You're either applying it much too thickly, or leaving it to cure for too long. Damp the sponge, press it to the surface of the wax, and that will do at least half a panel (door) if not more. A little goes a very very long way with DSW.
I can't remember how long I left it on for probably no longer then 5mins?

A damp sponge? Didn't think of that, normally I just use the sponge that came with it and wipe it off with micro fiber towel. Maybe I have been applying it to thick, I'll have to give this another go at the weekend.

Soldato
Fitted new discs and pads back in Feb and they've been dusting heavily.

Popped the fronts off to clean and protect them. Also replaced the centre caps which were corroded from years of salt but also harsh cleaning products like wonder wheels.

Surprisingly only £4.99 from Fords for a set of 4.

Don't know why I chose to photograph the kerbed one!!??

Zombo-Droid-03062019105038.jpg

Zombo-Droid-03062019190013.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom