Would you think this was weird / threatening?

Soldato
Would you think it was weird or threatening if you saw a bloke in his 30s walking around town / the local hillside / public parks at between 12 am and 3 am with a torch?

I want to start doing some exercise, and for personal reasons, I'd like to do it when no one is around so doing it at night makes perfect sense but a couple of people I have talked to have thought I might look like a criminal to residents/police.

Stop caring/worrying about what people might think and you’ll be a lot happier.

Soldato
Do you work some odd shift patterns or something?

To deliberately get up between 12-3 for a walk/jog can't be good for your sleeping pattern, which is just as important to your health.

If you are particularly large, you might find jogging quite hard, so would be better off with some brisk walks to get you going. Wouldn't make sense to do those at night though.

Soldato
just go for a walk during the day. seriously nobody cares if a fat guy is walking around the street minding his own business.

why-would-you-make-fun-ofafatpersonatthe-gym-when-you-have-21989.png

At the OP. It's not weird and if it is, nobody is going to be around to think so. If they are, then what's their excuse? Don't let anything stop you. If this works for you then do it and soon enough you'll feel comfortable with it. The rule with weird behaviour is nobody cares once they're used to it. They only care if it's unexpected.

Soldato
Stop caring/worrying about what people might think and you’ll be a lot happier.
This.

To deliberately get up between 12-3 for a walk/jog can't be good for your sleeping pattern, which is just as important to your health.
And this.

@OP, it is weird to be going out jogging in the dead of night, otherwise you wouldn't be asking. You know it's weird, you're just trying to find an excuse to do it anyway.

Associate
no its not weird to go running at night especially wild night running i think its even a sport with events now.

Although if you are a criminal with a regular routine in the same area now that would be weird...

Soldato
Join a 24 hour gym and just go at that time, guessing it will be virtually empty.

If no, surely you are better off just doing your exercises at home? Plenty of bodyweight routines you could follow.

Soldato
Would you think it was weird or threatening if you saw a bloke in his 30s walking around town / the local hillside / public parks at between 12 am and 3 am with a torch?

I want to start doing some exercise, and for personal reasons, I'd like to do it when no one is around so doing it at night makes perfect sense but a couple of people I have talked to have thought I might look like a criminal to residents/police.

I think you would be fine without the torch, I once got stopped by police at about 2am, I answered their questions and carried on. That was once out of 100s of times, I go for walks between 1 and 5am usually, for the same reason as yourself. But even with a torch its not illegal, you just probably more likely to draw attention.

Soldato
Just get yourself out in the daylight or to a gym etc.. don't go hiding away at night, you're trying to better yourself!

I used to go to a circuits class where there was a guy who went (And I'm not assuming you are the same) who was very big, very unfit, and walking round as we ran, doing things as best he could, the amount of times people would be encouraging him when he looked down or plain just leaving him to it when he was at it!

If you're doing it for other reasons, like, being a Vampire, then please ignore this post! :)

Soldato
No trust me I live on a park one of the largest in Liverpool. As its a conservation park the are no lights in the park at all at night. Only is around the edge on the road that runs around the park.

Its pitch black if you go into the park I mean black easy to end on your backside, plus all the nut jobs so me going into the park at night is a no no.

But if you to take a walk at night you deffo need a torch.

Soldato
As others have said, go during the day and stop caring about what people think if insecurities are the only reason why you are exercising in a public space in the middle of the night.

Leave your ego at the door was one of the best pieces of advice given to me when losing weight/going to the gym. If you care more about how you look to other people than bettering yourself, you'll end up severely limiting your progress. Learn to enjoy what you are doing and everything else is easy.

Back
Top Bottom