Battletech

Soldato
Put few hours into Flashpoint, neat new set of missions, one goes after the other so good to keep a complement of mechs prepped if your someone who tends to take damage. Playing FP after about 80 hours of play so at an advantage of having around a dozen assault mech's armed to the teeth, but may be neater and bigger challenge at the start.

The new patch in general seems to have made quiet a few changes in general, in particular to the perk points, bulwark a bread and butter perk has changed a fair bit, also seems certain weapons now do additional type of damage (PPC) sets your sensors on the fritz.

Overall a nice addition thus far, but nothing outstanding, more of the same really.

Associate
The new Career mode is quite tricky to get going since you don't get any story missions, I'm almost broke on my first attempt with no sign of a flashpoint to get me a cash boost (which I doubt I could complete anyway with the starting mechs).

Soldato
I'm kinda miffed that the pilot abilities have changed. Whether a good idea or not, I've stuck with 4 pilots throughout with 2 spares just in case which I wheeled out on low skull missions. Now none of my main 4 pilots have sensor lock. Having been used to sensor locking enemy mechs in the early stages, it's a pain not having it as I have to put my mechs into LOS of the enemy. One of the spare 2 has Sensor Lock so am going to have to keep bringing him along to build is XP up.

Associate
Have they increased the mech capacity on the dropship yet? Four is simply too few, I don't care what anyone says.

We could start out with four and then gradually increase to eight. No really, four is boring.

Soldato
came back to this after over a year, picked up all the DLC for £15.

What a difference a year of development can make to a game, it is pretty epic and it is a solid 9 out of 10 for me. If they upgrade the gameplay to support a star rather than just a single lance then it will be a 10.

Soldato
came back to this after over a year, picked up all the DLC for £15.

What a difference a year of development can make to a game, it is pretty epic and it is a solid 9 out of 10 for me. If they upgrade the gameplay to support a star rather than just a single lance then it will be a 10.

Stars are Clan formations, I thought? They might be in BattleTech 2 if it ever comes.

Advice for Career Mode - get across to Taurian space and start doing missions for full cash until you can buy the parts for a Marauder. Then do Davion missions (they overlap) to get access to the Davion Faction Store and buy a bunch of +++ UACs. Stick a 9 Tac pilot in it, and headshot everything that crosses your path forever.

Soldato
thanks for the info. i completed the campaign today. can i just keep playing or do i need to click the career mode button on main screen?

Associate
thanks for the info. i completed the campaign today. can i just keep playing or do i need to click the career mode button on main screen?

You can just keep playing and you will start to get the flash points now if you have any of the DLC's

If you click career mode it will start you off as a new game but will miss out the campaign.

Associate
Playing with Battletech extended 3025 extended edition mod. It’s really good and adds a lot more to the game including the whole galaxy map plus load of other mechs.

I have also read good things about Rogue Tech mod aswell.

Superb Game

Soldato
Playing with Battletech extended 3025 extended edition mod. It’s really good and adds a lot more to the game including the whole galaxy map plus load of other mechs.

I have also read good things about Rogue Tech mod aswell.

Superb Game

Don't use Roguetech. It's massively micromanaged and the mod creator does not play nice with others.

Soldato
You can just keep playing and you will start to get the flash points now if you have any of the DLC's

If you click career mode it will start you off as a new game but will miss out the campaign.

thanks, i just did a few flashpoints. The Kell Hounds ? very cool.

Very optimistic for year two, all the building blocks are there now they just need to focus on scale imho and give us a big succession warzone :)

Back
Top Bottom