**The Official Everything MMA Related Thread**

Soldato
Tbh i’m surprised they allow someone to be slammed down head first, someone will end up with a broken neck.

That's what I was thinking. I think its a throwback to the Pride days, but where the ufc rules outlawed kicking when an opponent is down they seem to have forgot about the slam, maybe because it doesnt happen as much. But its a matter of time until someone gets their neck broken due to that kinda slam.

Soldato
Tbh i’m surprised they allow someone to be slammed down head first, someone will end up with a broken neck.

Was looking competitive up until that point.

According to John McCarthy it is completely legal because at the time Rose was holding the arm for an attempted submission (in other words, in theory, she could have let go and avoided the hit - although I'm not sure there was much thought going on!)

Glad Rose lost - arrogant little ****.

Not sure I've ever heard her say anything to be honest - she always just looks miserable and disinterested!

She was certainly the better fighter until the slam!

Associate
I’m not sure about her letting go would mean the hit would have been avoided. However i’m no an expert in it.

I haven’t seen such a move on UFC before but i don’t watch all the time. If that’s the way it is going, i won’t watch because i don’t want to see someones neck broken live on air.

Back
Top Bottom