• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Something super is coming...

bru

bru

Soldato
What a fleece bringing this out now to get more money off ppl typical greedy green team.

Err but they are supposedly lowering the prices, so quite how that makes them typically greedy I don't know. surely if they just wanted more money they would not lower prices but raise them, seeing as they will sell the cards regardless.

Associate
Quite intrigued to see the performance on the Super 2080.
If it's 10% over the 2080 and comes in at same price or lower then it maybe enough to convince me to part with some cash.

Associate
I'm gonna guess that the current cards will get a price drop but the 'super' versions will fit in at the current price levels, if not slightly higher.

Obviously this is all speculation and may not even have anything to do with refreshed 20 series gpus.

Soldato
I'm gonna guess that the current cards will get a price drop but the 'super' versions will fit in at the current price levels, if not slightly higher.

Obviously this is all speculation and may not even have anything to do with refreshed 20 series gpus.
More likely now that you mention it that the 2080 will go down in price to £499 to shift the remaining stock and compete with the radeon 7 and the 2080S will be £599 (or more) and faster to take it's place
Did you just read my post or we share the same mind bubble?

Associate
And so goes the routine for 99.9% of gpu launches, its the same sad story time and time again, brexit, pound vs dollar, supply and demand (amazing how launching a new product always miraculously comes with low stock by default) etc etc. No Matter what we get pumped.
Well said!

They don't call it rip off Britain for nothing..

Soldato
While I consider myself a enthusiast and it seems wrong saying it, I hope this fails harder than the RTX launch.

Why? Because Nvidia should reap what they sow.

Why would you want anyone to fail. You’d live happier if you want people to succeed. So instead of saying you want Nvidia to fail, rather say you want AMD to succeed.

Soldato
Why would you want anyone to fail. You’d live happier if you want people to succeed. So instead of saying you want Nvidia to fail, rather say you want AMD to succeed.

I wouldn’t want anyone to fail anything but this is Nvidia, a multi-billion dollar corporation with one thing in mind - to make as much money as possible. There is nothing personable or likeable about self serving business tactics.

I want AMD to do well purely for the sake of competition and interest. Nvidia have had their moment and deserve a good kick up the backside for marketing a brass neck.

Soldato
As if I couldn’t of predicted that was coming..
It's a fair point though. People are too self-focused unfortunately.
Anyone who runs a business knows creating profit is up their as top priority, otherwise you risk no longer being in business.
I want both to do well. As consumers we need AMD and NV. Without NV, AMD would become them....or Intel will, which they already are in the CPU world at the moment :).

Last edited:
Soldato
Yup, that's only been happening since we crawled out of the swamp.... ;)
I dunno about you but I was born :).
Person wants to buy a GPU and complains NV is a ripping customers off and hopes they lose a lot of customers or go bust.
Same person sets up business selling the best coffee in town in a prime (busy) location. Customer asks "why is your coffee so expensive compared to anywhere else". Person answers "my coffee is the best coffee in town and I have a constant stream of customers , go elsewhere if you don't want to pay for it".
Person sleeps well at night knowing they're running a successful business while dreaming about Nvidia's expensive GPU's and hitting Jsenson over the head with a rubber mallet :p.

Back
Top Bottom