**** The Official Google Pixel 3a/3a XL Thread ****

Mobster
Soldato
This phone deserves its own thread!

Everyone seems to be having issues but my 3a (white) seems to be faultless. Ports look aligned, speakers look aligned and no random reboots that I have noticed.

Really like how light this phone is, screen is great (nice to not have a notch although the bezels are somewhat hilarious coming from an iPhone XS) and camera is awesome.

Shame Google's QA is once again so poor for so many though.

Soldato
15% across many sellers on eBay today so this can be had for £340 with the Chromebook offer. Can't link as it's a competitor but check out HUKD.

Soldato
15% across many sellers on eBay today so this can be had for £340 with the Chromebook offer. Can't link as it's a competitor but check out HUKD.

It's been confirmed as not working for the chromebook offer in that post now, which is a shame.

I ended up ordering one from the catalogue shop for £340 with the code, will pick it up tomorrow.

I wasn't really interested in the chromebook or home hub, so it saves ebaying them. Although I'll see if I can add a free hub to my order in store tomorrow.

Edit: I was able to get the Hub for free too, after speaking to the staff about it in-store.

Last edited:
Associate
Well my 3rd Pixel 3a seem's to be working as it should still not had the shutdown issue "yet" on this replacement.

Also as this is replacing my iPhone 7 the bezels on the 3a look tiny to me :p

Soldato
It's been confirmed as not working for the chromebook offer in that post now, which is a shame.

I ended up ordering one from the catalogue shop for £340 with the code, will pick it up tomorrow.

I wasn't really interested in the chromebook or home hub, so it saves ebaying them. Although I'll see if I can add a free hub to my order in store tomorrow.

Edit: I was able to get the Hub for free too, after speaking to the staff about it in-store.

Why code did you use to get that offer?

Soldato
Why code did you use to get that offer?

As Neoboy said, it was the 15% off electronics on eBay on Friday only.

I used the catalogue shops eBay store, then told them in the shop, I didn't have the option to get the free hub when ordering online. They checked the offer was live on their system and let me have the Hub too.

Really liking the 3a, can't fault it so far.

Soldato
As Neoboy said, it was the 15% off electronics on eBay on Friday only.

I used the catalogue shops eBay store, then told them in the shop, I didn't have the option to get the free hub when ordering online. They checked the offer was live on their system and let me have the Hub too.

Really liking the 3a, can't fault it so far.

Thanks for letting me know, helping a friend decide on a new phone. Think she’s going to go with the 3a and was looking for the best price possible.

Soldato
Picked up a 3a XL a couple of weeks ago after a few months with a mate 20 lite (following the breaking of my pixel 2).

Got to say it's really good to be back with the pixel phones. I'd missed that camera and the clean OS. For the money, this phone is hard to beat.

Soldato
The specs look meh for the price. £400 to £500,only 4GB RAM,64GB storage,no microSD card,an SD670 midrange SOC and a single camera. I would at least expect an SD710 or SD730. A mate was looking at the XL and at £470 what is the point,when they picked up a Samsung Note 9 for £545 off a well known retailer which has more RAM,more storage,a microSD card slot,dual cameras,a waterproof body and a faster CPU.

Edit!!

The Pixel 2 can be had for £329 from a well known retailer too.

Last edited:
Soldato
It's a decent phone for the price of you can get one with Google hub and sell the hub. I haven't found it slow or lagging at all. It's a keeper for me.

Soldato
The specs look meh for the price. £400 to £500,only 4GB RAM,64GB storage,no microSD card,an SD670 midrange SOC and a single camera. I would at least expect an SD710 or SD730. A mate was looking at the XL and at £470 what is the point,when they picked up a Samsung Note 9 for £545 off a well known retailer which has more RAM,more storage,a microSD card slot,dual cameras,a waterproof body and a faster CPU.

Edit!!

The Pixel 2 can be had for £329 from a well known retailer too.

The note 9 is simply too heavy for me.

I haven't noticed any issues with 4 GB.

I also use Google cloud for photos. I'm fine with 64GB.

Dual cameras? I'd still say that the pixel has better camera, also i like stock Android (I remember having the note 7 and other galaxy phones and every now and then got lag which was annoying) .

Never had it with OnePlus, this seems the same so far!

Associate
It's a decent phone for the price of you can get one with Google hub and sell the hub. I haven't found it slow or lagging at all. It's a keeper for me.

Same here now that i have one that working as it should as i'm on my 3rd replacement.

For what i do with my phone i don't need a flagship, never game on a phone & the 64GB of storage is plenty enough for me still have around 37GB left, but what i do want is a decent camera & quick updates this phone will be on Android Q in a couple of months while most of the others could be waiting 4 to 6 months or longer before they get it.

Also this will be my last 4G phone, when the time comes to change this phone hopefully 5G will be in mid range Smartphones.

Soldato
After just over a month with my 3a, I've had no issues at all and I'm really happy with the phone.

July's Security OTA is out now BTW, 79.9 MB.

Back
Top Bottom