Looking to buy a Herman Miller

Associate
I REALLY am tempted to buy of 2ndhnd, the reviews look good on trustpilot.. Has anyone else got any experience with them? I need to hear some good stories about them before I buy lol

Did you buy yet? I bought a humanscale freedom off them and had no issues, pretty helpful pre-sale, after the order and through to delivery.
Quality of the chair was also very good, pretty much mint condition.

Associate
I bought from 2ndhnd - don't really rate them. My Humanscale went dodgy within warranty, replacement was a pain to organise, and the seat depth mechanism was bust on the replacement, but told me they wouldn't replace it.

There's a guy local to me that refurbishes Herman Millers - I could probably get his contact details if you wanted to chat? Not sure what he'd charge for delivery, however

I do not like 2ndhnd neither. Had faulty chair delivered to me.

No point buying from them. Price is on the high end. Products have too many problems.

Associate
I bought a brand new Herman Miller from 2back, based in London. Not sure if they would ship to Belfast as they use their own delivery drivers to deliver. Got an excellent deal on an Aeron, with posture support and hard floor castors. Might be worth a phone call to them, if you do ask for Ted as he did me a good deal of £750 all in - but I did go to the store and order it in person.

That is a really good price. £750 for a brand new one. Was it a Herman Miller Aeron Remastered with PostureFit, like the one in John Lewis? I tried it in John Lewis and I quite liked it.

I can see 2back is doing brand new one for £888, ex-demo for £799+£20 delivery.

I bought a 2nd hand original Aeron with lumbar support for £110 recently. I found the lumbar support was too hard, tried both sides. I feel more comfortable taking the lumbar support out.

I like the new Remastered with PostureFit a lot more.

Associate
Also chap you don't have to spend HM money to get a very good chair. We have loads of steelcase leap v2 at work these can be had for around £200-250 and are very good. Steelcase do some very good chairs.

I just bought a refurbished Steelcase leap V2. I quite like it. I have v1 too. I prefer V2 more. To me, V2 is much more improved on the back support.

I cannot say if I prefer Steelcase Leap V2 or herman miller aeron remastered with posturefit as I did not try remastered long enough to decide.

Associate
didn't like the mirra armrests tbh. other than that pretty nice. I like forward tilt.

finding leap new proved impossible for me. is it easier to find second hand?

I could not find brand new leap to try neither. There is just no store to try it. I just took the punch and bought it blindly without trying which is not a recommended practice.

Associate
I tried out the Aeron and the Mirra today.. I didn't like the Mirra armrests but damn... The Aeron felt dreamy, so comfy! I actually prefered the classic Aeron with the older style horizontal lumbar support, it felt a lot more solid like I actually felt it on my back compared to the newer verticle lumbar support.

They didn't have the Embody in unfortunately.

I REALLY am tempted to buy of 2ndhnd, the reviews look good on trustpilot.. Has anyone else got any experience with them? I need to hear some good stories about them before I buy lol

I feel the completely opposite. I cannot cope with the horizontal lumbar support, I had to take it out when sitting in the original Aeron.

Do not trust reviews on trustpilot too much. Reviews can be bought/delete on trustpilot if the retailer subscribe. When I check reviews, I mostly ignore reviews on trustpilot, unless the reviews are negative ones.

Associate
I feel the completely opposite. I cannot cope with the horizontal lumbar support, I had to take it out when sitting in the original Aeron.

Do not trust reviews on trustpilot too much. Reviews can be bought/delete on trustpilot if the retailer pay subscription to trustpilot. When I check reviews, I mostly ignore reviews on trustpilot, unless the reviews are negative ones.

Soldato
I like to think you originally registered here to research computer chairs, you bought one, and it crapped out after 9 years. Now you're back to grace us with your wealth of chair knowledge after doing lots of chair research.

Thank you for your service Chairman Huang.

Associate
I like to think you originally registered here to research computer chairs, you bought one, and it crapped out after 9 years. Now you're back to grace us with your wealth of chair knowledge after doing lots of chair research.

Thank you for your service Chairman Huang.

Forgot why I initially registered here, most likely not for chairs.

I recently experienced some lower back pain, so researched and bought few highly recommended chairs. I had been using Ergohuman for many years.

I was just researching on how to get a cheap Aeron remastered with posturefit and come cross this thread, and offered some opinion. Hope did not hiject the thread too much.

Associate
That is a really good price. £750 for a brand new one. Was it a Herman Miller Aeron Remastered with PostureFit, like the one in John Lewis? I tried it in John Lewis and I quite liked it.

I can see 2back is doing brand new one for £888, ex-demo for £799+£20 delivery.

I bought a 2nd hand original Aeron with lumbar support for £110 recently. I found the lumbar support was too hard, tried both sides. I feel more comfortable taking the lumbar support out.

I like the new Remastered with PostureFit a lot more.

Can't remember exactly without digging out the receipt, but here's a photo of the back :D of the chair....

IMG-20190920-011108.jpg

Back
Top Bottom