Has GPS been partially disabled as a consequence of Trumps vist to the UK?

Caporegime
It can be done selectively, "Privileged" users will not be disrupted.

Actually, that is wrong!

"First strike" strategy was never about randomly incinerating cities. It was about destroying the "Enemies" ability to retaliate.

If you are trying to destroy a serious nuclear grade bunker, accuracy is crucial. Even with a megaton range weapon. 100M off target, (Even 50M) will fail to do the job.

Correct . The US opened GPS to the public when they realized the Russians had a similarly good system.anyway, and IMUs got so accurate that GPS was not even that relevant.

The US does posses the ability to encrypt GPS again reducing but it it not likely to do it.

And they certainly wouldn't bother for Trump in the UK.

Capodecina
Soldato
Not like you couldn't use GLONASS or Galileo instead.
So far as I am aware, both Galileo and BeiDou are still "under development"; does any SatNav device or SmartPhone currently available in the UK use GLONASS?

I believe that some GPS devices have access to both the US GPS and the Russian GLONASS system although I have never actually seen one and I imagine they would be "pricey".

Associate
So far as I am aware, both Galileo and BeiDou are still "under development"; does any SatNav device or SmartPhone currently available in the UK use GLONASS?

I believe that some GPS devices have access to both the US GPS and the Russian GLONASS system although I have never actually seen one and I imagine they would be "pricey".

I think my Mavic uses more than GPS, at least it seems to lock onto more satellites than I think should be avaliable from GPS alone.

Man of Honour

Almost all modern phones have GLONASS

Soldato

Well my watch uses Galileo, Glonass and GPS so they must work.

Soldato

My Garmin Edge 1000 cycle computer is several years old and supports GLONASS

Back
Top Bottom