The Tesla Thread

Soldato
Personal preferences with respect to colour, of course. But personally I really love the blue and have seen all colours with various wheel configurations in real life. I also think it (and the car in general) looks way nicer in person than in photos. :)

Soldato
Personal preferences with respect to colour, of course. But personally I really love the blue and have seen all colours with various wheel configurations in real life. I also think it (and the car in general) looks way nicer in person than in photos. :)

Yeah, I've seen both colours in real life but not with these wheels :( The grey looks more sporty but I've had a grey car for four years. Quite like the blue!

Soldato
There is very much a trade off between 18's and 19's. 19's look better, come with stickier rubber (less range) but also have a firmer ride. Some people might prefer the 'sportier' feel, the car is pretty quick even in base trim.

The 18's are a good compromise between range and comfort for normal everyday use IMO, I'd probably even leave the covers on.

https://public.flourish.studio/visualisation/374245/

Shame you can't embed this, pretty cool to see.

That's a good graphic, I hadn't realised how many Volt's and Prius PHV/Primes they had sold. PHEV's and hybrids in general seem like a missed opportunity now, their time has pretty much passed already.

Soldato
There is very much a trade off between 18's and 19's. 19's look better, come with stickier rubber (less range) but also have a firmer ride. Some people might prefer the 'sportier' feel, the car is pretty quick even in base trim.

The 18's are a good compromise between range and comfort for normal everyday use IMO, I'd probably even leave the covers on.

That's a good graphic, I hadn't realised how many Volt's and Prius PHV/Primes they had sold. PHEV's and hybrids in general seem like a missed opportunity now, their time has pretty much passed already.
I'm guessing the volt shoots ahead aas maybe it was first to market? Didn't realise how many model s's had been sold. Just a bit too pricey for me (would need to be p80 or above). The model 3 looks like a real game changer though, tesla's Imo are pushing range in the right direction.

Soldato
God damn I wish I owned my home or at least had a garage, I would absolute get one at that price but I'd really need 7kw at home for charging. Public chargers round here aren't great, if I still lived in Bristol it'd be an easy decision aswell :(.

nam

nam

Soldato
just had a good sit down in the LR model in Canary Wharf, Was pretty impressed just like having a new phone, went through all the functions i could, quality of interior was pretty good no loose trim , still not near as good as my Audi S4. They did not have any RH drive available for test drive yet.

Soldato
God damn I wish I owned my home or at least had a garage, I would absolute get one at that price but I'd really need 7kw at home for charging. Public chargers round here aren't great, if I still lived in Bristol it'd be an easy decision aswell :(.

You rent?

My landlord was okay about me fitting a charger. I just had to pay for it. It'll come with me when I leave.

Soldato
No more AWD LR on the UK site today , apparently a battery shortage so the Performance and SR+ will take priority

Not sure where you read that, but that doesn't make sense. The Performance model and AWD LR use exactly the same battery and the same motors as well. They differ only in terms of software (and the items they've seperated out into the "Performance Pack") for the RHD markets.

It's a change that was made a few days ago as well, not today, when they introduced the Model 3 to various RHD markets - none of them have the LR AWD model. The current Performance version in the UK without "Performance Upgrade" (performance pack if you prefer) only costs slightly more than the LR AWD used to. It would make absolutely no sense to do this for reasons of a battery shortage. More likely trying to push more people onto the higher margin option (Performance).

Soldato
You rent?

My landlord was okay about me fitting a charger. I just had to pay for it. It'll come with me when I leave.

I do have off road parking but unfortunately it's down the end of a 30 foot garden, with no power anywhere near it. Of course if I lived here i'd just dig up the garden and run a trench, but don't think it's going to happen! I had a garage at my last place to charge my 330e just fine.

Soldato
I do have off road parking but unfortunately it's down the end of a 30 foot garden, with no power anywhere near it. Of course if I lived here i'd just dig up the garden and run a trench, but don't think it's going to happen! I had a garage at my last place to charge my 330e just fine.

Ah. Yeah, bit more of a problem. Even with an understanding landlord, that wouldn't be a cheap job.

Jez

Jez

Caporegime
Why not just run a "temporary" cable chucked into the bushes? The actual cable is cheap, terminate it into an RCD in the house and hang the car off that. Take it with you when you go.

Back
Top Bottom