Who's had a hair transplant?

Associate
44 tomorrow - Bald for 18 years; if you have the head for it, go bald.

You may need a trimmed stubble/beard to make it work.

Just remember what you save on shampoo and gel, you spend on Sun Tan lotion and moisturiser!

Definitely had more luck with the opposite sex since going bald, although I'm fortunate I have the head for it!

Bald, Shiny and Proud!

Last edited:
Soldato
Have the hair transplant, propose, then the day of the wedding wet shave your head for pure chrome dome.

Get the "benefit?" of free hair transplant but still get to **** off the vain and shallow in laws

Soldato
I'm fairly sure a lad at work got one, it looks good to be fair, he seems much happier than he did before
The thing which always puzzles me though is that you can probably patch repair relatively well in the early stages, but the rest of the balding region (and who knows how extensive that will be) is still going to fade, so if you don't keep patching, you're going to end up looking very weird. So once you start down this road you're committing to a long term expense. And of course each additional surgical intervention has a risk attached, and unless you use the same person each time the results may vary.

Maybe I'm misunderstanding the process though. It's just that I'm fundamentally wary of businesses -- whether that's skin care for women or hair loss treatments for men -- which tap into our insecurities.

Soldato
Inlaws you say? Ruined photos? It starts.... Good luck OP.

I'm lucky enough to still retain most of my hair in all parts of my body :D

My dad had thinning hair but no grey when he passed away at the age of 62. So if that is anything to go by hopefully I'll be fine.

Caporegime
Serious hat on for a second... there are plenty of good looking bald guys. Admittedly, fat and bald is not a good look. But thin (not fat) and bald can be a good look.

I'd have found it hard not to laugh in their faces, but then I'm an a-hole.

Soldato
OP
Thanks for being offended for me GD, I've been with the OH for 12 years, they keep nudging me to pop the question... Think the moment has kinda passed though...
It was tongue in cheek, they're minted, and the father has said if he had the kind of money 20 years ago that he has now he would've done it in a heartbeat and still is uncomfortable with his hair loss. So all in all, it was a very generous offer in context :D

I don't have the head to pull off bald, nor do I have any facial hair... It's not going well in truth!

Man of Honour
Not a chance in hell I would accept that from my inlaws.

It's shallow. It shows a lack of self confidence. You will be in debt to them. If it goes wrong you will look worse. If you thin again in future you will still look bald but have scars on the head.

Bald here and I wouldn't go back to hair unless it started sprouting naturally.

Inlaws you say? Ruined photos? It starts.... Good luck OP.

I'm lucky enough to still retain most of my hair in all parts of my body :D

My dad had thinning hair but no grey when he passed away at the age of 62. So if that is anything to go by hopefully I'll be fine.
What your dad was like is pretty irrelevant. What was your maternal grandfathers hair like? That's more relevant to baldness.

Soldato
The inlaws have offered to pay for me to not ruin our wedding photos with a shiny bonce, I've since had a couple of consultations and I'm actually quite keen to go ahead with the procedure.

You and your family are ridiculous.

What i'd do in this circumstance however, is talk my own parents into approaching my fiancee with an offer of breast implant money.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom