Images of items I have purchased (except trainers)

Soldato
I bought a paint brush and some anti mould bathroom paint. Not even worthy of a pic.
Livin' the dream!

I had to buy a special electric screwdriver bit to lift up a third of my deck to find a piece of lego - that was apparently crucial to one of my daughter's original creations.

*I don't want to meet the 'thing' that seems to be living under there from the debris... :/

Associate
Finally got one, been such a laugh playing Mario Kart with my wife and two kids.
Although im already tempted to sell the physical games and re buy them as digital to save messing swapping and possibly losing the tiny games
1zZ3vz0.jpg

Soldato
Needed some new earphones, after looking into a lot into different options I went for Chifi, KZ ZS10 Pro. People on Head-fi generally really like KZ stuff which is good enough for me. £35 from their official store, took about 7 days to arrive.

I'm not an audiophile, but they sound great to me. From what I understand you'd need to pay about 10x the amount for the same quality from a western manufacturer.

I actually think I prefer the sound of them to my "proper" Beyerdynamic Custom Studio headphones (basically a Beyerdynamic DT770 with a detatachable cable). The bass is pretty amazing. I pulled up a random bass test off YouTube and it feels like your head is shaking if you turn it up :o.

jNMqhewl.jpg

Are they comfortable? I might actually buy a set. Also, did you get the bluetooth module?

Pho

Pho

Soldato
Are they comfortable? I might actually buy a set. Also, did you get the bluetooth module?

I wore them for 8 hours the other day and they were fine, I have small ear canals so had to use the small tips. I think because the wire goes over the back of your ear any tugs on the cable get absorbed by the top of your ear rather than irritating your inner ear all the time which helps.

A lot of people recommend you upgrade to foam tips from companies like Comply as they're meant to be much comfier than the stock ones though - https://www.complyfoam.com/store/.

No I've just got a normal cable. I do have a FiiO BTR3 for bluetooth but haven't really tried it with these.

Very interesting. I don't suppose you know of a manufacturer of good standard cans based out that way? Just wondering if there was an equivalent to open-backed headphones or something to look at for alternatives.

The Beyerdynamic DT770 / custom studio pro's like I have are 5-35,000Hz which is wider and are known to be "bassy". They don't feel as aggressive in your ear as the IEMs because they aren't t stuffed halfway down your ear canal but it still sounds deep and full. I imagine if you drive them with a proper amp they'd respond really well.

The DT770s are used by tonnes of people. Pretty much every video I see from BBC radio have them being used by everyone.

For saying they're closed back headphones they do leak a fair amount to the outside world, but when you put them on they isolate you from the outside world really well.

Caporegime
I wore them for 8 hours the other day and they were fine, I have small ear canals so had to use the small tips. I think because the wire goes over the back of your ear any tugs on the cable get absorbed by the top of your ear rather than irritating your inner ear all the time which helps.

A lot of people recommend you upgrade to foam tips from companies like Comply as they're meant to be much comfier than the stock ones though - https://www.complyfoam.com/store/.

No I've just got a normal cable. I do have a FiiO BTR3 for bluetooth but haven't really tried it with these.

The Beyerdynamic DT770 / custom studio pro's like I have are 5-35,000Hz which is wider and are known to be "bassy". They don't feel as aggressive in your ear as the IEMs because they aren't t stuffed halfway down your ear canal but it still sounds deep and full. I imagine if you drive them with a proper amp they'd respond really well.

The DT770s are used by tonnes of people. Pretty much every video I see from BBC radio have them being used by everyone.

For saying they're closed back headphones they do leak a fair amount to the outside world, but when you put them on they isolate you from the outside world really well.

I like to get a pair for the gym, Apple Airpods is not noise cancelling and having turn it up to drown out the music from the speakers in the gym is not good for my ears.

How good are the seal and noise cancelling for these?

Soldato

Cheers, I've just ordered some on the CC, looking forward to hearing them. I ordered them with the manufacturer's bluetooth adapter. I'm no audiophile, but I listen to loads of music. Given they're such a good price I think they'll be worth it, and I find the over-ears that I've got at the moment a bit annoying if I wear them for too long...maybe my ears stick out too much.

I also have small ear canals (snigger) so I'd be using the small tips too. Glad to hear they're comfortable for you.

Did you have to order the cable separately? I assumed it was included.

Caporegime
Cheers, I've just ordered some on the CC, looking forward to hearing them. I ordered them with the manufacturer's bluetooth adapter. I'm no audiophile, but I listen to loads of music. Given they're such a good price I think they'll be worth it, and I find the over-ears that I've got at the moment a bit annoying if I wear them for too long...maybe my ears stick out too much.

I also have small ear canals (snigger) so I'd be using the small tips too. Glad to hear they're comfortable for you.

Please report back!

Pho

Pho

Soldato
I like to get a pair for the gym, Apple Airpods is not noise cancelling and having turn it up to drown out the music from the speakers in the gym is not good for my ears.

I guess the tips play a big part in the noise cancellation with how well they fit in your ear. Those comply tips I linked to earlier have an isolation version which I guess cuts out even more.

Saying that, I generally have very good hearing, and for me the stock tips are very isolating. Just wearing them without any music playing at all and they feel like I'm wearing earplugs. I only have my phone on low volume (15%, say) and it's loud enough too. In contrast I'll have it at 90% or something if I have my proper headphones connected.

Nice :). You'll have to post your thoughts when you get them. Apparently they respond well to equalisers if you want to tweak the sound a bit.

When you buy them you should get to choose what type of cable you want, either the version without a mic or the one with an inline mic, it's like £1 extra and barely noticable in the cable. You can use it for calls etc so it's a bonus. Not sure if that changes with the bluetooth version mind!

Soldato

Get some Jaybird X4s tbh...the rubber tips seal your inner ear from sweat and they don't budge when moving about, they also cut out most background sound too.

Soldato
Not a chance - look up 'minimalism' and you'll find it's *all* white these days. 70's is more splashes of colour and patterns everywhere!
I was thinking the grey shag-look carpet, the grey walls, the glossy white furniture and the pink orchids made it not at all modern! Certainly wouldn't call it minimalism.

But the poster must like it to have chosen it.

Back
Top Bottom