• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Something super is coming...

Soldato
I dunno about you but I was born :).
Person wants to buy a GPU and complains NV is a ripping customers off and hopes they lose a lot of customers or go bust.
Same person sets up business selling the best coffee in town in a prime (busy) location. Customer asks "why is your coffee so expensive compared to anywhere else". Person answers "my coffee is the best coffee in town and I have a constant stream of customers , go elsewhere if you don't want to pay for it".
Person sleeps well at night knowing they're running a successful business while dreaming about Nvidia's expensive GPU's and hitting Jsenson over the head with a rubber mallet :p.

A cup of coffee from a small independent coffee shop is one thing, a GPU from a global multi-billion corporation is different. Better analogy needed.

Last edited:
Soldato
A cup of coffee is a cup of coffee, a GPU is different. Better analogy needed.
It;s the same IMO, Superior product/service with demand. Being a global company is irrelevant, other than some love to hate them. Can even apply it to being an employee too. You're offering a service to the company that hires you. Do you try to get the highest salary you can? You hear a colleague is getting x amount more than you, do you accept your salary or raise it as an issue to try to get more, especially if you feel you have more experience and qualifications (ie superior)? You've just found out that the company you are providing a service to (your customer) is willing to pay more than what you're being paid so you try to raise your salary, naturally.
Anyway, going a bit off topic :).

Last edited:

bru

bru

Soldato
While I consider myself a enthusiast and it seems wrong saying it, I hope this fails harder than the RTX launch.

Why? Because Nvidia should reap what they sow.

All well and good , but NVIDIA Dail now then we would have 3 or 4 years where the 2080ti is the best you can get and they would only be availible second hand and I for one wouldn't be interested in a second hand 2080ti, as space invader with out a warranty doesn't interest me.

Of course if you think that AMD can suddenly produce a much better card in that 3 or 4 years, then I would be wrong, but looking at AMD's previous trend and the fact that they would have zero compition, I don't think I would be too far of the mark.

Soldato
Some rumored specifications for NVIDIA’s GeForce RTX 2070 Ti graphics card have appeared online. According to the specifications, we may be looking at a slight bump in core specs and frequencies but overall, we should expect a 10-15% jump in terms of performance over GeForce RTX 2070.
NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2070 Ti Allegedly In The Works, Rumored To Feature 2560 Cores and 1770 MHz Clock Speeds

According to the rumor, NVIDIA is allegedly preparing a new graphics card for the GeForce 20 series known as the GeForce RTX 2070 Ti. Just from the name, we can confirm that this variant, rocking the TU104 GPU, will be faster than the RTX 2070 but slower than the RTX 2080. I cannot confirm if this card has anything to do with the ‘SUPER’ teaser but we will drop our speculation later.

First, let’s take a look at the specifications. The NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2070 Ti is said to feature 2560 CUDA Cores which is a slight bump over the 2304 CUDA Cores on the RTX 2070 and much close to the RTX 2080 with its 2944 CUDA Cores. The GeForce RTX 2070 Ti is also said to retain 14 Gbps, 8 GB GDDR6 VRAM and a boost clock of 1770 MHz. The GeForce RTX 2070 has a boost clock of 1620 MHz on the non-Founders Edition and a 1710 MHz boost clock on the Founders Edition. The boost clock and the higher cores should deliver a 10 to 15 percent increase in performance over the RTX 2070.
The performance difference would make this card a lot similar to the GTX 1070 Ti which had almost similar performance as the GTX 1080 but a $100 US lower price point ($449 vs $549). This rumor does sound like something NVIDIA might do but we don’t know if this is what NVIDIA really plans to do as recent rumors regarding the ‘SUPER’ lineup paint a different story.

Starting off with the first thing, it is rumored that NVIDIA ‘SUPER’ series would definitely introduce new variants in the RTX 20 series lineup but they would also feature 16 Gbps GDDR6 chips. This is not the case with the specifications for the RTX 2070 Ti. The second detail that is circulating is that all current RTX 20 series would get a price drop of up to $100 US to make way for the new cards.

It looks like the RTX 2070 price drop may not be as significant as $100 because the RTX 2060 is priced at $349 US for the Founders Edition and you can’t really drop it down another $100 US to make it compete against NVIDIA’s own GeForce 16 series cards. I think the price structure is about to get a dramatic change by NVIDIA but let’s wait for further confirmation about these rumors.

source

Associate
I assume we still don't know for sure when this announcement is coming, be that at E3 or Gamescom or whatever?

E3 would make most sense given Nvidia's love of urinating on AMD's chips at every opportunity but I suppose that will depend on what the announcement is actually about.

Soldato
Rise of Elysian patch notes today revealed a 2060ti and 2070ti

mi86imbcog231.png

https://i.redd.it/mi86imbcog231.png

Back
Top Bottom