Nice pongs and gorgeous whiffs. The Aftershave thread!

Soldato
Guerlain have released a “cool” flanker version of their L’Homme Ideal release. I’ve ordered a bottle and will give my opinions of it when it arrives.

I’ve had both L’Homme Ideal Parfum and Intense. And both are excellent releases.

Associate
Whoever it was in this thread that recommended:

Daarej Pour Homme

and

OUD 24 HOURS BY AL ZAAFARAN

Take a bow! Got both and LOVE them. Cant believe the price of some of the recommendations in here, truly awesome!

Soldato
Just bought 100ml of calvin klein eternity for men summer as i wanted something just to wear at work and it was cheap at about £22

It lasts surprisingly well I can still smell it on me after a full work day where many more expensive have long gone in that time.

Soldato
Got my bottle of Guerlain L’Homme Ideal Cool yesterday.

So far impressions are good. I can’t quite explain what it smells like.. kind of reminds me of a minty barbershop sort of scent, with an added almond note.

It’s definitely more of a niche sort of fragrance. More for the 30+ crowd I’d say.

Soldato
Whoever it was in this thread that recommended:

Daarej Pour Homme

and

OUD 24 HOURS BY AL ZAAFARAN

Take a bow! Got both and LOVE them. Cant believe the price of some of the recommendations in here, truly awesome!

I mentioned I'd bought the Rasasi a while back - it's amazing for the price isn't it? There's a few others from them I'd like to try like Hawas and Shuhrah as well. Already got La Yuqawam which is basically Tuscan Leather with better performance. Good house, although prices seem to spike whenever there's some YouTube hype.

Associate
I mentioned I'd bought the Rasasi a while back - it's amazing for the price isn't it? There's a few others from them I'd like to try like Hawas and Shuhrah as well. Already got La Yuqawam which is basically Tuscan Leather with better performance. Good house, although prices seem to spike whenever there's some YouTube hype.

Could well have been you so thanks! I will check those other ones out too! :D

Soldato
Soldato
There are so many scammers on eBay and most people don't even know real from a fake.

Like this seller with fakes and still getting good feedback
https://feedback.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewFeedback2&userid=alexandrghit7&&_trksid=p2047675.l2560&rt=nc&iid=293034925164&sspagename=VIP:feedback&ftab=FeedbackAsSeller

You just have to use your wits really. I'm also not buying anything of high value like creed or Tom ford. Have had some good bargains buying part used fragrances from people that buy blind and end up not liking it.

If ever there's any doubt I'll return to seller.

Soldato
Tried Gucci Guilty Cologne today, definitely something different as far as a designer freshie goes. I got the original as a gift once and it was entirely forgettable, but this flanker and the Absolute one are decent (both Alberto Morillas creations).

Also definitely decided I'm not a fan of the Armani Code DNA either - tried the new Absolu as well, which is a bit more refined than the Profumo but still smells very similar.

Man of Honour
I bought Sauvage aftershave at the Duty Free, Coquelles, France, prior to returning to U.K. on Le Shuttle some time back.
I thought that it was very agreeable, without being overpowering, my wife agreed.
This Sunday, we were in Harvey Nichols, Knightsbridge, and seeing Sauvage there, I decided to get it again.
The salesgirl, guessing I was unfamiliar with it, gave me a chance to sample it, I was surprised to find that it was like a very soft cream, not liquid.
She said that it had not been in a fine liquid form for some time now, just this thin cream.
Still, the nice aroma is just the same to me.

Associate
Lol, sounds like she doesn't have a clue! Maybe she gave you the aftershave balm maybe?

https://www.dior.com/en_gb/fragrance/mens-fragrance/sauvage

Either way, you will want either the EDT or the EDP, try both they are slightly different.

This.

I prefer the EDP myself as the EDT can be a little overwhelming with the Ambroxan smell in the opening, it's also a little more citrusy than the EDP and suits warmer days with sun blazing.

The EDP is a more refined version - less harsh on the the opening and more bergamot/lavendar smell on the dry down that changes to this amazing peppery lavender with a smooth Vanilla complimented by Ambroxan. EDP is fine for all year round.

The only issue I find with Sauvage is that everyone seems to be wearing it now.

Shawrey

V_R

V_R

Soldato
Tbh, Sauvage is a rather average and very generic scent. The EDP is the better of the two mind you.

Its fine if you don't mind smelling like everyone else but there are better alternatives out there....

Pineapple Vintage X Batch
Prada Luna Rossa Carbon
Coach Platinum

....to name a few.

Man of Honour
Lol, sounds like she doesn't have a clue! Maybe she gave you the aftershave balm maybe?

https://www.dior.com/en_gb/fragrance/mens-fragrance/sauvage

Either way, you will want either the EDT or the EDP, try both they are slightly different.

Your post makes sense, so I checked, glad that I still have the receipt.
The package, and the bottle, both have Lotion Après Rasage, and After Shave Lotion on them, so I unwrapped it, and opened the bottle, and it was liquid, like my original.
I can only think that she used a tester of Baume Après Rasage, but gave me Lotion Après Rasage.

Back
Top Bottom