The Batman (Matt Reeves)

Associate
It's a bit like Brandon Routh with Returns. The issue was never the actor, but the film itself. Affleck was fine for what they seemed to aim for, but was let down badly everywhere else along the chain.

Associate
Same. :p

There's a reason we didn't need to see Uncle Ben a third time. The first time was enough (the second time... maybe, as it was a while ago). So, the same with Batman. Everyone knows already, move to the good bits. :D

Soldato
With a younger looking actor and a film called "The Batman", I'm expecting another origin story. If we're lucky, it'll follow Frank Millar's Year One.

Associate
From unveridifed reports, it's starting to sound like they want to make this Batman trilogy a "stand alone". As in, in its own Universe. No links to current members of the known DCEU: Momoa, Gadot, Cavill, Levi, etc. Just so they can tell the story they want to; ie, commit only a short time; their artistic vision. Not a long haul for the DC Cinematic Films as a whole by carving out their corner. :(

Associate
My problem, is that the time used for this "isolated" Batman Trilogy over the next few years, could have been used to better a shared Universe Batman instead. If the Affleck Batman dealt with the fantastical side of the DCEU, have another film series set in their younger years (with another actor ala now) and use that to flesh out both series, show the development from then (when things were detective simple), to now (when things are just crazy and you need crazy tech to stand even with other beings out there); current and early Batman (and Bruce, to show the changes they faced). But by going a standalone trilogy without links to anything else, such a development won't happen as all efforts will be placed onto the "one" Batman film series, which will be this one in this thread. So that's what I'm most dissapointed about all this. :(

J.T

J.T

Soldato
Batman is so over done in my opinion, wish they could have just expanded on the DCEU, I want more Superman to be honest but i am a Superman nerd so I guess you can ignore that! lol

R3X

R3X

Soldato
Agree with earlier comment on page 1, nothing to say ben affleck cant resume the JL time line batman.

Batman does appear to work better as standalone as said before but maybe its just DC attempted to rush the franchise to catch up to Marvel.

Flash and flashpoint or can easily alter time lines and make changes to it so it could explain new faces, situations etc allowing everyone to be part of the same universe. Look at what flash tv series is doing with the multiple universes and time lines.

Soldato
DC and Warner Bros have a lot of fixing to do with the DCEU anyhow. It's something of a broken project as it stands. Probably better if The Batman sits outside it while they concentrate on building on the success of Wonder Woman, Aquaman and Shazam.

Last edited:
Associate
If they are actually doing what they say, and focusing on Batman as the Worlds Greatest Detective and not just the action-superhero then it could be interesting.
Pretty much why a lot of people love the Christian bale trilogy more I suppose, it wasn't just a "comicbook" adaptation movie but also a "detective" movie with lot of drama.

I have to agree with some others in this thread in that there is no point in yet another Batman film. If they do any more Batman, a sequel to Gotham would be nice as a TV show, or at least a loose one and maybe geared more to the detective side than the action side?

An ttaskmaster has a point with regards to constant reboots...

Back
Top Bottom