Under investigation at work

Associate
OP
If your asked what happened just explain to them what you said here. You've done nothing wrong IMO and have nothing to hide, honesty is the best approach.

I intend on telling the truth and being honest. As far as I am concerned I have done anything wrong. Yes it's unfortunate a message was sent, however it has nothing to do with the company and surely they will see this. They are saying it's potential harrassment and they are involved as the works doo was arranged using a works email and sent to their members of staff. I'm guessing, even though the event location was external, due to it being a retirement doo with present staff, we are representing the company as such. Work also provided the alcohol or a part of it via a company credit card given to one of the managers.

Man of Honour
A single message sent 3 years after they left the company cannot be construed as harassment unless they're a very special bunch...but then again it is HR.

Associate
It makes you wonder if the ex-employee has perhaps mislead your HR and added a lot more to this harassment claim that what actually happened, if not then i don't see how its worth their time investigating.

Deleted member 651465

D

Deleted member 651465

That's a lot of steps to argue he "slipped". To send a photo you'd need to:

1. Press the camera button
  2. Take a photograph
  3. Confirm you want to send the photograph by hitting the blue aeroplane
:/

A2Z

A2Z

Soldato
I intend on telling the truth and being honest. As far as I am concerned I have done anything wrong. Yes it's unfortunate a message was sent, however it has nothing to do with the company and surely they will see this. They are saying it's potential harrassment and they are involved as the works doo was arranged using a works email and sent to their members of staff. I'm guessing, even though the event location was external, due to it being a retirement doo with present staff, we are representing the company as such. Work also provided the alcohol or a part of it via a company credit card given to one of the managers.
Just makes no sense. Sending a selfie is potential harassment? In what world? As mentioned why are they even talking to this ex employee? He has nothing to do with the company.

Caporegime
No way HR investigate a selfie sent to a individual who has nothing to do with the company. What are they investigating and why even acknowledge the persons complaint?? It's nothing to do with the employer.....A simple response that it's a personal issue and nothing to do with the employer would be the response from most HR departments.....

Not really, it is silly to claim he has nothing to do with the company when he's a former employee who has been sacked and might well have a grievance of some kind. He's clearly had arguments in the past with the OP and the other employee in the selfie.

Any sensible HR team would investigate that, it would be incredibly short sighted not to given who was involved, the last thing they want is some solicitor getting involved claiming the former employee/his client was "bullied" by other employees and forced out of the company and now they are now mocking him from work socials when drunk etc... HR will want to know what was actually sent to him at the work function and will probably advise the OP and the other employee to stop contacting him.

Soldato
Not really, it is silly to claim he has nothing to do with the company when he's a former employee who has been sacked and might well have a grievance of some kind. He's clearly had arguments in the past with the OP and the other employee in the selfie.

fair point about the employee connection - but an employee from 3 years ago....where does it end......10 years from now, some random picture is sent to him again....

Seems all very odd - still don't believe that a picture sent on a phone (which sounds far fetched in the first place the way it was sent) - would cause an HR department to launch an investigation and involve the unions etc. Seems madness to me. But there you go......

Glad I'm self employed - can't be bothered with all the politics and office wranglings that come with companies/employers/employees

Soldato
That's a lot of steps to argue he "slipped". To send a photo you'd need to:

1. Press the camera button
  2. Take a photograph
  3. Confirm you want to send the photograph by hitting the blue aeroplane
:/

This. The entire story is bullflop, or if you read the OP's posts a load of old doo doo.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom