Dark Phoenix (2019)

Soldato
Yep, not at all surprised. I said last year in this thread that it was being reported that significant reshoots were being done due to a very poor reception at a test screening, so maybe they've done another test screening and got just as bad a reception again. Sophie Turner is a very bland actor, she just about gets away with it in GoT because of the character she's playing, but even then she is noticeably the poorest actor on the show imo.

Soldato
Looks like they scaled the makeup way back to get Jennifer Lawrence back just to kill her off at the start

She only did it because she promised a writer friend that if he got the director's job, she's come back and play Mystique. Obviously being able to advertise Jennifer Lawrence in the film will put a lot of bums on seats to start with. Otherwise it looks like she's done playing that role.

Caporegime
I'm not a fan of Sophie Turner, I think she's a pretty dreadful actor. They also had to do reshoots for this after a supposedly terrible reception from a test screening, so I don't hold high hopes for it.
so is a large majority of the ex GOT cast

Super hero series/movies are mostly dreadful anyway though especially anything based on a comic

Last edited:
Soldato
Two or three days until this is released and I see the review embargo is still in place.

That does kind of amuse me; Hollywood studios putting a review embargo in place to stop a film from receiving the expected bad reviews too early, when having a review embargo in place, tells you exactly what the reviews will when it's lifted; that the film sucks. :p

Caporegime
Two or three days until this is released and I see the review embargo is still in place.

That does kind of amuse me; Hollywood studios putting a review embargo in place to stop a film from receiving the expected bad reviews too early, when having a review embargo in place, tells you exactly what the reviews will when it's lifted; that the film sucks. :p

I have very low expectations for this.

Associate
Same. Low expetations for this film. But I'll be going as it's the last X-Men film from Fox, and as I started with X-Men back in 2000, so I will finish with it all with this one tomorrow morning. Will do minor review of it after tomorrow. :)

Caporegime
Ooofff not looking good but who's surprised? Initial filming for this finished in 2017 :p!!!

I have low expectations but will catch it when it's out on Blu-ray. It's got to make ~$500m to break even....

Back
Top Bottom