Supercar hire

Soldato
Been looking into hiring a Sports/Super car for dad for upcoming fathers day.

Now im not sure how it works,but is it even possible to do this without him finding out? ive seen a couple that offer drop to your door/delivery of said vehicle but how do i go about the whole insurance thing as its sort of a surprise gift from me,Would only be a day hire. :)

Any ideas :D anyone done this.

NVP

NVP

Soldato
Cheapest way is usually through one of those muslim companies Empire/Prestege/Executive/Occasions etc. that hire for weddings but only when off season - it's high season now so will be marked up and not worth it.

Better option is an experience day he can customise, then it's when he wants and more fun.

Associate
It's eid and asian wedding season - any of the above companies will have a massive markup and giant excesses. Most external excess policies wont cover supercars.

Sixt/Europa often have nice cars but I imagine they won't let your father drive without him being present at the time of collection.

Soldato
Cheapest way is usually through one of those muslim companies Empire/Prestege/Executive/Occasions etc. that hire for weddings but only when off season - it's high season now so will be marked up and not worth it.

Better option is an experience day he can customise, then it's when he wants and more fun.

Having seen the way those cars get treated by the clients, plus in some cases the lack of maintenance by the company, I’d much rather rent from a big international company like Hertz, even if it meant getting a car that wasn’t quite as nice.

Associate
My mate has used Eminence quite a few times for renting himself a car when he's back home from Russia. He's had an R8, DB9, AMG GTS, Huracan, 570s.

If you do use them ask if the car has any limiters activated on it. When he had the Huracan it had a 6.5k rev limiter and a 100mph speed limiter activated on it. Cue some angry phone calls!

Associate
My mate has used Eminence quite a few times for renting himself a car when he's back home from Russia. He's had an R8, DB9, AMG GTS, Huracan, 570s.

If you do use them ask if the car has any limiters activated on it. When he had the Huracan it had a 6.5k rev limiter and a 100mph speed limiter activated on it. Cue some angry phone calls!

It won't be insured for track use so I doubt you can really complain about a 100mhp limiter on the car....

Back
Top Bottom