*** WWDC Keynote 2019 ***

Soldato
OMG, mouse and trackpad support in iPad OS. Now THAT is what I was wanting.

Agreed, so good :) Wish it was a mouse pointer though rather than the large spot pointer, but it's a good start :p

Also psyched that XBOX and PS controllers are now supported! :D

Permabanned
The Apple ID system will be awesome! could you imaging how many passwords you will need to remember if you could integrate a proper working ID system! this means you could even log into likes of facebook e.t.c with fingerprint ID or face ID...big changes are coming.

Man of Honour
I wouldn’t get excited about the mouse support. It doesn’t do anything useful. It can’t be used to select anything or drag/highlight text etc. It’s literally just a pointer

Soldato
Am i right in thinking the 'Sign in with Apple ID' is the same as Google, Facebook, Twitter et al? If not, what distinguishes it from them?

I think it's going to work roughly the same - the difference is the privacy model that Apple are going for, the randomly generated email address to stop spam, the lack of data going to Apple or Advertisers etc.

Soldato
I think it's going to work roughly the same - the difference is the privacy model that Apple are going for, the randomly generated email address to stop spam, the lack of data going to Apple or Advertisers etc.

'Eggs all in one basket' springs to mind with all of these 'Sign In' providers, hence why i don't use them. But the random email address bit sounds interesting; is that the address it hands to the site as such?

Soldato
Hey said the sign in with Apple service, it gives the site a dummy address and doesn’t feed your information to advertisers like Facebook or Google.

Soldato
'Eggs all in one basket' springs to mind with all of these 'Sign In' providers, hence why i don't use them. But the random email address bit sounds interesting; is that the address it hands to the site as such?

Each application will have an automatically generated email address which will then forward to your actual email address - this allows you to easily identify and unsubscribe to any apps/services you no longer want and they never know your actual details so you just remove them. I get your point about eggs in a basket, but I would rather apps use Apples sign in than have to continuously create their own and attempt to handle authentication on their own, at least we know it's going to be secure and private with Apple.

Don
The Apple ID system will be awesome! could you imaging how many passwords you will need to remember if you could integrate a proper working ID system! this means you could even log into likes of facebook e.t.c with fingerprint ID or face ID...big changes are coming.

Can do that already with Lastpass or others.

Back
Top Bottom