*** The Official iOS 13 Thread ***

Associate
Running on both iPhone XS Max and IPad Pro 3rd gen without any major issues. A few apps a bit glitchy but all my banking apps work fine. Lots of features that make the slight glitches worth it. Definitely a lot snappier opening apps too.

Commissario
Neither my iPhone 7 or 6th generation iPad are being offered this update from 12.3.1.

Not that I update to a major release straight away these days anyway.
That's because it hasn't been released yet, it won't be available until the autumn. @Rhys is running an early beta.

As usual, I won't touch this until it hits GM but will be watching the thread with interest.

Soldato
Most likely just quicker animations? They’re pretty slow on iOS 12.

I thought that they had re-worked it and they're now reporting twice as fast opening/switching speed, I hope it's more than animation speed, although I have zero issues with the current app load speed on my phone/iPad.

Soldato
That's because it hasn't been released yet, it won't be available until the autumn. @Rhys is running an early beta.

As usual, I won't touch this until it hits GM but will be watching the thread with interest.

D’oh! As a former Evil Corp Inc. employee, I should have known this. I’m putting my error down to this being the first WWDC in 9 years where I wasn’t already running an internal or carrier seed build ahead of time.

Soldato
Downloading and installing apps is certainly quicker as is scrolling through contacts and messages etc.

FaceID seems quicker but time will tell.

Dark Mode is well dark and for the most part, looks great. Reminders app is much better, along with the notes app.

No issues with WatchOS 6 either at the moment.

Man of Honour
I thought that they had re-worked it and they're now reporting twice as fast opening/switching speed, I hope it's more than animation speed, although I have zero issues with the current app load speed on my phone/iPad.
Ah, I wasn’t aware as I’ve not watched the keynote. :)

Caporegime
Bit disappointed with the "new" iPad Home screen. I never use the widgets anyway so sliding them across to display them at all times seems pointless. I thought they were going to redesign the whole thing with bigger, live/animated tiles or something. But I guess that would eat precious battery life.

Soldato
Bit disappointed with the "new" iPad Home screen. I never use the widgets anyway so sliding them across to display them at all times seems pointless. I thought they were going to redesign the whole thing with bigger, live/animated tiles or something. But I guess that would eat precious battery life.

It's the first generation of a new direction so I guess there's going to be larger changes as it goes on, it's going to move into it's own direction, but yeah I am hoping that it continues to evolve - although i'm honestly not sure what I want from iPadOS haha - it does everything I need to, although the mouse support will be super helpful when i'm out and about and I get a call to have to remote into the system.

Man of Honour
Also never knew that some of my apps (Facebook, Youtube to name a few) were using Bluetooth? What on earth are they using that for?
Knowing Facebook it'll be looking at other BT devices (ie, other phones) and then suggesting said phones Facebook accounts as friends.

I've just made that up, but it would not surprise me the amount of data mining these companies do.

Soldato
Excited about iOS 13 DualShock 4 Support and the Remote Play App - bringing the challenge to the Nintendo Switch

Deleted member 209350

D

Deleted member 209350

How is the IpadOS guys? Im only on a ipad mini 4 so not sure if this will even get it the new ipadOS but Ive heard positive things from it?

Actually almost considering getting a bigger ipad to make more use out of it but ill have to wait and see on that.

Back
Top Bottom