RIP Paul Darrow (Avon from Blakes 7).

Soldato
If you were a kid in the UK of an impressionable age in the late 70's, and you'd just been to see Star Wars in 1977, then it was Blake's 7 which started in 1978 which REALLY cemented in you your life long fascination with space based science fiction from that moment onwards. It was for me at least. RIP Paul Darrow.

Soldato
If you were a kid in the UK of an impressionable age in the late 70's, and you'd just been to see Star Wars in 1977, then it was Blake's 7 which started in 1978 which REALLY cemented in you your life long fascination with space based science fiction from that moment onwards. It was for me at least. RIP Paul Darrow.

What Blake’s 7 did really well was to show that there weren’t just Good Guys and Bad Guys in sci-stories.

Soldato
Yeah, Blake's 7 covered the full range of D&D alignments across it characters, and in Blake's team especially. Avon would probably have been classed as a chaotic neutral fighter/mage.

Soldato
loved Blake's 7 when I was a kid, not least for the Liberator. felt the first season was a bit and it lost a little after that, but give them their dues for not being afraid to end everything on a totally grim note :D
they weren't afraid to make some of the characters out and out sociopaths either, something that always seems to get diluted nowadays.

Caporegime
I saw him on Pointless not too long ago. Bit shocked to see him in a wheelchair with no legs. But yes, he was a fantastic actor. Really, it was he who made Blake's 7 along with Servalan (Jacqueline Pearce who died last year). You could forget about all the others. :p

Man of Honour
I saw him on Pointless not too long ago. Bit shocked to see him in a wheelchair with no legs. But yes, he was a fantastic actor. Really, it was he who made Blake's 7 along with Servalan (Jacqueline Pearce who died last year). You could forget about all the others. :p
I didn't realise he had his legs amputated ubtil I just googled it after your comment. Wow.

Soldato

Same as above - googled this - OMG!

Caporegime
Came in here looking for another thread and then saw this... gutted and surprised... :( :(

Loved Avon, great voice and as with all the characters in Blake 7, I thought the writing more than made up for the budget.

Well, I guess he's now in the next dimension with his old pal, Gareth Thomas (another great voice).

Back
Top Bottom