*** The Official Battlefield 5 thread***

Don
I wish they hadn't bothered at all with Firestorm. Just stick to normal BF please.

Loving the new Boys AT gun. Not as brutal as the tank hunter in BF1, but it's good fun.

The one in bf1 was like the rail gun in Quake3 :D

Soldato
I wish they hadn't bothered at all with Firestorm. Just stick to normal BF please.

Loving the new Boys AT gun. Not as brutal as the tank hunter in BF1, but it's good fun.

The one in bf1 was like the rail gun in Quake3 :D

I haven't tried it much yet I should give it a go. I used the AT rocket in bf1 a lot, but it wasn't a primary, and it gave the assault player a viable anti sniper gun as a gadget (as well as being useful against armor). I'm not normally one to play recon TBH, but I've been enjoying the P08 carbine, spamming flares and aggressive on the flag tactic a lot.

Soldato
It's nothing like the AT gun in BF1, it's more like that Elite class 'Tank Hunter' who had the tankgewehr rifle.

Flare spam is a vital part of points for recon.

It's not the points I do it for, it's the difference between a team getting farmed and doing the farming (Assuming your team actually uses their minimap).

Oh and new trailer. Finally we're getting more maps (metro included :D )

Soldato
Does the end of that vid mean we're getting Americans, Japanese and a Pacific theatre

New maps are cool but there's nothing iconic, no Omaha beach, no Pegasus bridge, no Arnhem bridge, no Berlin, no Bocage, No Tripoli, Nothing Italian, etc, etc

Soldato
Yes we're getting the Americans and the Japanese, probably only in the pacific theatre which I think may be coming on December 7th (anniversary of Pearl Harbour). The rest is coming before then.

I think we're now getting a map a month.

Will probably check the new stuff, i love the Garand but i doubt i will change my mind about the game.

Would you believe I've been playing recon recently? P08 carbine gives the recon a different playstyle choice in the way the federov did the medic in bf1.

Soldato
Confirmed to be Iwo Jima.

5 new maps between now and October (including Metro remake) and then 3 more new maps released with pacific theatre (Chapter 5, end of 2019). Hopefully will be enough to get me back into the game.

Soldato
All those amazing maps from BF1942. Don't understand why they haven't already produced them all (or at least the most popular)

Metro can go **** itself.

I think a map like metro has it's place in BF, not everyone wants to use vehicles or fly every round.

If anything the BfV live service has shown, that trying to force all the player base to all play the map/game mode combination of the week and then next week switch it to something completely different, doesn't keep the community together, it systematically disenfranchises different groups of players each week like a form of the game musical chairs. Eventually they'll only be one map/mode and only one player left on the server.

And so we have a new game mode outpost this week, and I suspect none of the traditional game modes are now available on Mercury (The map only introduced 2 weeks ago). If they're going to get rid of a map/game mode combination, my suggestion would be Halvoy and Firestorm, but they won't.

Soldato
Meh, Metro was and is nothing but a spam fest. It's basically a cheap rank up map.

And some people like that.

What made previous titles good IMO (specifically 3 & 4) was that there was something for everyone.

In bf3 I enjoyed infantry and vehicles, but started to get frustrated with the air balance (attack helis that could hover out of range and systematically dismantle your AAs and tanks), and struggled to get a coordinated tank team where we had someone prepared to SOFLAM and rep.
In bf4 I spent a lot of time in metro trying to hone my CQC and medium range infantry skills, and when I had the chance to play with the OcUK platoon started to get more confident on the larger maps with more vehicles, to the point where I was making a decent contribution to the platoon dominating the maps. I preferred the land vs air balance, both were dangerous to each other. A good attack heli or jet could destroy, but good lav drivers or tankers could surprise both.

Maps like metro lure players into the game allowing them to concentrate on infantry skills and then branch out into the more nuanced fuller spectrum warfare when they start to feel more comfortable.

Back
Top Bottom