Gd has died

Caporegime
I find not posting rubbish is fairly conducive to avoiding pre-moderation.

Define rubbish, then ask 100 other people the same and see if you all get the same answers. Who gets to decide what rubbish is?

Is this the way society of going, what do you think ?

Well we seem to be going in a direction where everything is controlled, with things a PC minority don't like censored out of existance, which is quite funny considering all of the speeches earlier at the 75th aniversary of D-Day remembrance, talking about men giving their lives for our freedom.

Last edited:

Raz

Raz

Soldato
Define rubbish, then ask 100 other people the same and see if you all get the same answers. Who gets to decide what rubbish is?

The mods, and they're usually good at what they do.

Well we seem to be going in a direction where everything is controlled, with things a PC minority don't like censored out of existance, which is quite funny considering all of the speeches earlier at the 75th aniversary of D-Day remembrance, talking about men giving their lives for our freedom.

This board doesn't particularly strike me as PC-led.

And the freedom that men - and women - gave their lives for is slightly different to the 'freedom' that allows people to think they should be able to say whatever they want without consequences.

Man of Honour

I agree that the behaviour a lot of online platforms are currently trending towards is worrying. The modern "town square" that is the Internet is under threat in my opinion, and thankfully, smaller communities such as this tend to be run with a little more discretion and sanity than the big ones. Putting a member under pre-moderation isn't done lightly, it involves far more work for the team so we use it in exceptional circumstances only and on a case by case basis. I'd much prefer we not need to use it, but at times it is the best choice and can be particularly effective.

The day this forum turns the way of Twitter and other "progressive" platforms will be the day I quit the mod team and stop posting. Inb4 "hooray, I can't wait!" :D

Caporegime
Just LOL if you're an ex 90's party boy who did far too many drugs and know believes they're trapped in a cage created by THE MAN who is there to repress everything you want to do and that an internet forum which you publically stated you were leaving for good now moderates the very posts you want to make complaining about your freedoms.

Noobs.

Caporegime
The pre moderating of all posts had killed gd.

Eh? Posts aren't pre-moderated here... at least not in general.

If anything moderation has improved dramatically on these forums - gone are the days of some overzealous mod instantly suspending someone for a minor infraction.

Forums in general have become less active as more people make use of the likes of Facebook groups etc... these forums are obviously useful to the store and I doubt they want customers or potential customers put off by someone getting a bit too keen with the moderator tools in the forums... on the other hand, if you are being pre-moderated then you've perhaps done something multiple times to the point where the mod team had no other choice.

Caporegime
Wait, maybe it's just labR@t's post that are being moderated but he's under the impression it's everyone's?

It seems so... they've just stuck him on pre-approval without telling him and now he thinks its a general forum change?

Deleted member 651465

D

Deleted member 651465

It seems so... they've just stuck him on pre-approval without telling him and now he thinks its a general forum change?
No one gets put on moderated posting without being informed.

In many cases, a poster will have received multiple warnings prior to this action so it’s hardly a surprise when we do notify them.

Soldato
So if 'Rat gets really annoyed he could wear out his keyboard trying to get a response past the mods?

I have an idea... :D

Back
Top Bottom