Gd has died

Caporegime
The thing that most often kills GD for me is the number of members who are allowed to come into threads and purely make attacks against the character of other posters.

I could name names but I won't.

They aren't interested in raising points, refuting arguments, or adding to the discussion. But they want you to know that "Z is just another thicko Brexiter who doesn't understand anything."

Or "Z is just a bigot. Hopefully all his kind will die out."

"Z probably reads the Daily Mail and lives in a basement in his parents house."

And those are often one-line responses to complex issues where other posters are expressing in a thoughtful and carefully worded manner the topic at hand.

And some numpty comes along and thinks "This will show him!" and posts a ridiculous personal attack.

I hopes others find this tedious as I do. I'd be very disappointed if many people were impressed by this kind of posting. I mean it's great if all you want is a circle jerk in every thread.

Associate
I agree with the comments about the age of the members, forums where for the 00's. The modern day is facebook, Instagram and Twitter - sucks but that's the way it is.

Deleted member 651465

D

Deleted member 651465

I agree with the comments about the age of the members, forums where for the 00's. The modern day is facebook, Instagram and Twitter - sucks but that's the way it is.
Too many snowflakes tbh

;)

Soldato
The thing that most often kills GD for me is the number of members who are allowed to come into threads and purely make attacks against the character of other posters.

I could name names but I won't.

They aren't interested in raising points, refuting arguments, or adding to the discussion. But they want you to know that "Z is just another thicko Brexiter who doesn't understand anything."

Or "Z is just a bigot. Hopefully all his kind will die out."

"Z probably reads the Daily Mail and lives in a basement in his parents house."

And those are often one-line responses to complex issues where other posters are expressing in a thoughtful and carefully worded manner the topic at hand.

And some numpty comes along and thinks "This will show him!" and posts a ridiculous personal attack.

I hopes others find this tedious as I do. I'd be very disappointed if many people were impressed by this kind of posting. I mean it's great if all you want is a circle jerk in every thread.

We've debated in the past, so I'll respond to this.

Firstly, the forum is a community. And just like any other community, if you're not consistent then people will question what you say, whether that's from a comment that's related partly, wholly or maybe from a day, a month, a year or whenever ago.

You clearly have an issue with it, as in a partly related thread you've posted the statement what kills GD for me, and made it personal.

There's far too much latitude in SC compared to where it used to be a few years ago (oddly, since Brexit) but there are some people who complain when the standard of scrutiny in one part of the forum is applied to another. I think that it is mostly a few people trying to be one thing in one place, and something else in another and then complaining when their own contradictions catch up with them. If you're going to be personal with your views on here, then you're going to take the debate personally as well.

And I think that the mod team are pretty good for the most part, and see an awful lot more that they choose not to respond to than they do.

Caporegime
We've debated in the past, so I'll respond to this.

Firstly, the forum is a community. And just like any other community, if you're not consistent then people will question what you say, whether that's from a comment that's related partly, wholly or maybe from a day, a month, a year or whenever ago.

You clearly have an issue with it, as in a partly related thread you've posted the statement what kills GD for me, and made it personal.

There's far too much latitude in SC compared to where it used to be a few years ago (oddly, since Brexit) but there are some people who complain when the standard of scrutiny in one part of the forum is applied to another. I think that it is mostly a few people trying to be one thing in one place, and something else in another and then complaining when their own contradictions catch up with them. If you're going to be personal with your views on here, then you're going to take the debate personally as well.

And I think that the mod team are pretty good for the most part, and see an awful lot more that they choose not to respond to than they do.
I don't even understand how this is a reply to what I posted.

I don't recall popping into threads to make personal attacks against posters. Nor do I try to make any of my posts purely attacks on other posters, but rather the ideas and beliefs being held. I've never called anyone (eg) a basement dweller to attempt to discredit them. I don't think such tactics work on anyone with an ounce of intelligence.

I'm afraid some of your post here I simply can't understand. "In a partly related thread you've posted the statement what kills GD for me, and made it personal." Not sure what this means.

Soldato
I imagine the decision to pre-moderate was based on "a thousand cuts" rather than one belter but if not then a link would be dandy.

Tea Drinker
Don
Moderation of posts is meant to encourage quality posts, we rather the contribution of many members :)

It's quite simple, when posting quality improves moderation is removed. There's plenty of outlets for poor quality posts like *****

Caporegime
I imagine the decision to pre-moderate was based on "a thousand cuts" rather than one belter but if not then a link would be dandy.
The mods need severe provocation before they move to pre-moderation being a requirement. There are many closures of threads, editing/removal of posts, and warnings prior to this being put in place. To get to that stage you've had to be unwilling or unable to change your posting behavior to a way which fits within the forum guidelines. It's an awkward and uncomfortable position to be in but is fully deserved.

Source: me.

mrk

mrk

Man of Honour
Just LOL if you're an ex 90's party boy who did far too many drugs and know believes they're trapped in a cage created by THE MAN who is there to repress everything you want to do and that an internet forum which you publically stated you were leaving for good now moderates the very posts you want to make complaining about your freedoms.

Noobs.

90's what though??

Soldato
Moderation of posts is meant to encourage quality posts, we rather the contribution of many members :)

It's quite simple, when posting quality improves moderation is removed. There's plenty of outlets for poor quality posts like *****

The mods need severe provocation before they move to pre-moderation being a requirement. There are many closures of threads, editing/removal of posts, and warnings prior to this being put in place. To get to that stage you've had to be unwilling or unable to change your posting behavior to a way which fits within the forum guidelines. It's an awkward and uncomfortable position to be in but is fully deserved.

Source: me.

Sounds like Soros' work to me.

:p

Man of Honour
Just LOL if you're a definitely bonkers but somehow loveable member of an Internet community from a bygone era explaining what being put on moderated posting is to in a calm, collected and self deprecating manner as if it justifies your continued definitely bonkers but somehow loveable actions now you've been taken off moderated posting.

Soldato
Just LOL if you're a definitely bonkers but somehow loveable member of an Internet community from a bygone era explaining what being put on moderated posting is to in a calm, collected and self deprecating manner as if it justifies your continued definitely bonkers but somehow loveable actions now you've been taken off moderated posting.

Noob

:D

Back
Top Bottom