• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Gigabyte Aorus Xtreme 2080ti Fan issue running at extremely high RPM all of a sudden?

Associate
Hi guys,

Hope you can help me with this one,

I have an Aorus 2080ti Xtreme which i bought from overclockers about 8 months ago and its been working fine but just recently I noticed this weird and very annoying noise from my gfx card when playing games.

So the fans will at first speed up as per normal to lets say 80% (about 2200RPM) after some gameplay and then I think it might just be the middle fan or could be all three will just double the RPMs for about 3 seconds then come back down.. waits about 5 -8 seconds then back up again and repeats over and over.

The RPM reading when at 80% will be something like 2200 then ill watch it climb to 4000ish RPM before dropping. Even more odd is the Fan speed % doesn't change, just the RPMs.
I think it only started happening when I updated the BIOS from F2 to F3 so could be something there.

It is VERY loud (i can hear it over headphones just and people in the other room can hear it) when it does this and I can't control it at all.. For example I can manually place the fan at 100% fan speed (which is shows at 2800 rpm ish) then when playing it will shoot up to 4000ish every so often.. so running much higher than the 100% fan speed??

Is there anything I can do to sort this? Can I roll back the BIOS to F2 when things were easier? I don't want to have to RMA this over fan speeds but its so loud its not really useable and I paid nearly 1300 quid for it so anything I can do to sort it would be best.

Cheers for any help you can provide,

Matt

EDIT: Will also add if I set it to 100% while not in a game its fine and stays at constant RPM.. it only seems to do it when playing something.

Associate
Hey, GoblinKingUK,

That should not be happening, especially with the F3 BIOS which was made to improve the fan curves. I'm really sorry to say it but an RMA is probably the best way for us to get this issue resolved for you, I'm currently running one of those cards in my rig and it's loud but no where near that level of loud.

E-mail [email protected], reference this conversation and I'll make sure we get it picked up and sent back to you ASAP.

Associate
OP
Hi giga-man,

Thank you for your reply and for helping me with my card.

No problem, ill contact the email when I get home from work and pack up the card as I still have the original packaging.

Thank you again mate :)

Matt

Associate
OP
Hi there,

Please see repsonse I just got below from your returns email:

Hello,
We presume as stated the item is to be collected, that means your dealer Overclockers are collecting it? If so they will log the item on our RMA website and send it in to us as they do with all their customer’s goods less than 1 year old.
The manufacturer does not do self collections on 1st return as your dealer will assist on this as mentioned above. However if you wish to return it yourself direct to save time, you can do this but we don’t collect. WE can send our own RMA process if desired but we find most private users simply return goods through their dealers to save costs and rarely deal direct.

I was under the impression that the collection and return would be taken care of?

Cheers

Associate
Hi there,

Please see repsonse I just got below from your returns email:

Hello,
We presume as stated the item is to be collected, that means your dealer Overclockers are collecting it? If so they will log the item on our RMA website and send it in to us as they do with all their customer’s goods less than 1 year old.
The manufacturer does not do self collections on 1st return as your dealer will assist on this as mentioned above. However if you wish to return it yourself direct to save time, you can do this but we don’t collect. WE can send our own RMA process if desired but we find most private users simply return goods through their dealers to save costs and rarely deal direct.

I was under the impression that the collection and return would be taken care of?

Cheers

I have talked with the RMA department and sorted this for you, it should now be collected and returned by GIGABYTE UK

Associate
Wish I had a had this service when my arous extreme went to balls .

Sorry Scubs, I wasn't tagged back in Jan and was in CES when you had the issue and by the time I did know about the problems you agreed with OCUK to swap the brand. If you do have any issues with our stuff I'll awlays try and help where I can.

Associate
My Palit rtx 2080 ti progaming oc is doing the same thing wonder if it's same thing
Just looked at my card internally and it had virtually no thermal paste on the gpu chip so was overheating faster than fast thing- reapplied some grizzly paste and seems to be back to normal fingers crossed

Associate
OP
@GIGA-Man

I have just had an email back after you guys having the card for nearly a week to say no fault found? How can that be when I provided a video showing the issue. I have asked them to re-look into asap as I don't think they have tested it properly and as a last resort at least roll back my BIOS to F2 because I didn't have any issues with that.

I just don't understand how they can't see the fault, it's so loud it certainly not fit for purpose.

Anyway Cheers for help in trying to resolve this,

Associate
Hey GoblinKing,

I'm in the office today and have also been updated on the test status of this card, I've looked into the issue as I saw the video and know it was not correct. There was an issue with the card and I can confirm it has been fixed, I have asked them to ship the card back to you for tomorrow. The cooler and all thermal compound was removed, then re-applied and the card was tested for several hours and the issue no longer existed.

The RMA person that told you there was no issue made a mistake, they read the test label used from when the card had been fixed which reported no fault found after the testing.

I have requested the card be shipped back to you for delivery tomorrow.

Associate
OP
Oh man, GIGA-man.. your good.. your very good :)

I got scared for a moment there when I got that email but this is fantastic news and cant wait to get the card back tomorrow, there is only so much of Intel's integrated GFX I can take :) Thank you again to you and your service team for all your help, a week turn around from collection to delivery is actually pretty good going, cant fault that.

All the best,

Cheers,
Matt

Back
Top Bottom