Spec me a man box

Soldato
Oh bum - I should have put this in Motors

All my spanners and sockets are spread around my garage in different places so I have decided I need a mechanics table top man box.
I have ruled out a wheeled floor one because I have so much junk I have no where to put it. So bench top it is and looking on net it seems most are the same size - 60 x26x39 cm. give or take a bit so it will fit nicely on top of one of the benches.

Also while looking it seems to me that they are all the same box with different makers name on like -USProTools -Hardcastle -Sealey and Hilka which is twice the price.
Before I press the button can anyone recommend one either from the list or one I have missed -Also does anyone do one slightly wider - My budget is up £100.

One other question - do you put sockets in lose or will the socket set box fit in - I notice on one thread they had taken the lid off which seemed a good idea.

Soldato
OP
I have just ordered a Cocraft Pro topbox, really really happy with it!

https://www.clasohlson.com/uk/Cocraft-PRO-Edition-Tool-Chest-with-Top-Tray/40-7819-1

There is a 15% off code WELCOMETOCLAS, makes it cheaper than a Halfords Advanced one. Apprieciate its above your budget but not by a huge amount, worth the extra imo.

Mine turned up yesterday and its really nicely made and solid!

I have just been out and measured up - Width is no problem and I have 45cm depth but only have 73cm height - will the lid open at that height - Will those gas struts hold lid up if it isn't vertical - It really is tight but it looks a good chest.

have dealt with SGS before - I had a log splitter off them.

Thanks

PS - one other question - how much was postage ? The more I look at it with it's extra size the more I want one.

Last edited:
Associate
Associate
I have just been out and measured up - Width is no problem and I have 45cm depth but only have 73cm height - will the lid open at that height - Will those gas struts hold lid up if it isn't vertical - It really is tight but it looks a good chest.

have dealt with SGS before - I had a log splitter off them.

Thanks

PS - one other question - how much was postage ? The more I look at it with it's extra size the more I want one.

Hi mate,

Gas struts on the lid are solid and it feels very well made. Postage was £10. If you speak to the support on the chat they may be able shave more off. Lid height is the depth of the box plus about 10cm as its a good chunky lid.

Soldato
OP
Robamigo

Thanks for looking.
I sat down and asked myself a lot of questions and came to the conclusion a box like that isn't practical for me. - I won't be using it as a mechanic does - I want it to store my tools in which is slightly different. - I have now pulled the trigger on a US Pro 7 draw roller cabinet - without the wheels on it will fit on top of my bench - it also has deeper drawers as I need to store my sockets and stuff in their boxes - A 5 draw would have done but then with deeper drawers I would end up putting stuff on top of each other.
Got to wait till next Wednesday but that will give me time to sort out and clean all dust off everything.

Back
Top Bottom