What watch do you wear?

Associate
Looking at the Tissot website there are both automatics and quartz in the range: (https://www.tissotwatches.com/en-gb...eritage-watches/tissot-heritage-visodate.html) - I really wanted the automatic.

To be honest it was more than I was originally planning to spend, but Mrs Clanger came across a load of old Tesco Clubcard vouchers which Goldsmiths take at 3:1. I also liked the look of the V8 Swissmatic online but it was far too large for me when I tried it on. The Visodate by comparison fits well and I think looks very classy.

Associate
Zeno PRS 3

213hzq1.jpg

Soldato
I've been wearing a combination of either the old school classic, Tag. Or, the more morern Linde Werdelin, which is presently fitted with a strap that I hate. New one on order.

img_20190531_103512_by_saiper_dd86n5b-pre.jpg

Soldato
I'm after some suggestions for a 30th birthday present. I already have a Steinhart Ocean 1 for work, so this needs to be more casual (no divers or metal straps please). Budget is up to £250, don't mind second hand and also not particularly fussed about the movement.

Couple of ideas:

Orient - Sun & Moon
Orient - 2nd Generation Bambino Version 2
Orient - Bambino Open Heart
Seiko - SSA231K1
Tissot - Visodate
Bulova - 96A201

Absolutely no idea what these are like however the designs are somewhat nice:

Camden Watch Company - No. 29 Northern Line

Anything else worth looking at?

Associate
I'm after some suggestions for a 30th birthday present. I already have a Steinhart Ocean 1 for work, so this needs to be more casual (no divers or metal straps please). Budget is up to £250, don't mind second hand and also not particularly fussed about the movement.

Couple of ideas:

Orient - Sun & Moon
Orient - 2nd Generation Bambino Version 2
Orient - Bambino Open Heart
Seiko - SSA231K1
Tissot - Visodate
Bulova - 96A201

Absolutely no idea what these are like however the designs are somewhat nice:

Camden Watch Company - No. 29 Northern Line

Anything else worth looking at?

I'd have said all of those are much more formal than your Steinhart. Either way, I'd also consider a Seiko Cocktail Time as they are an excellent dress watch for the money

https://simpkinsjewellers.co.uk/sei...fz75BUqIzzjeWO8ejZTRG-MjfOkoe7vBoCrMcQAvD_BwE

Soldato
Sorry - I probably didn't explain it well. I see my Steinhart as a more formal watch as I only wear it with a suit at work. I'm after something a little more casual, ideally with a leather strap, that I can wear outside of work i.e. in a bar/pub.

I can see the confusion as dress watches like those above are typically worn with long jackets. In essence, I'm after something other than a diver or chronograph :)

Soldato
Sorry - I probably didn't explain it well. I see my Steinhart as a more formal watch as I only wear it with a suit at work. I'm after something a little more casual, ideally with a leather strap, that I can wear outside of work i.e. in a bar/pub.

I can see the confusion as dress watches like those above are typically worn with long jackets. In essence, I'm after something other than a diver or chronograph :)
Divers and chronographs = casual. Reviews, sales listings, key words online etc. will not class those as dress watches so you'll really struggle to find what you're looking for without redefining them yourself too.

Soldato
Keep your Ocean 1 and buy a few straps for it. You can make it totally transform the watch with e.g. a true NATO, a leather NATO, or two piece straps.

Honestly it'll feel like a new watch.

Soldato
Divers and chronographs = casual. Reviews, sales listings, key words online etc. will not class those as dress watches so you'll really struggle to find what you're looking for without redefining them yourself too.

Fair enough. Looks like I've been doing it wrong!

Keep your Ocean 1 and buy a few straps for it. You can make it totally transform the watch with e.g. a true NATO, a leather NATO, or two piece straps.

Honestly it'll feel like a new watch.

I am absolutely keeping my Ocean 1. This new watch is just going to be used alongside that and a Daniel Wellington.

Any thoughts on Junkers? The Brauhaus 6056-5 looks nice.

Soldato
Back
Top Bottom