recommendations for 360mm aio

Soldato
recent tests suggest that a high-end Noctua (for example) will be as good as an AIO. as efficient and as quiet.

If you want an AIO, they are all very similar. get one with a decent length of tubing so you can reach anywhere in your case with the radiator without kinking or stretching the tubes. Look to see what kind of fans are included - good and quiet, loud but pretty. Does the RGB cabling fit your system's RGB headers.

Associate
OP
Thanks for the reply.

The reason I want to try an aio is that I've just upgraded my gpu to one that uses the rear CPU exhaust fan for it's 120mm radiator. Current setup means that the CPU cooler is blowing it's heated air into the GPU radiator.

Temps are okay but I assume would be better if CPU heat was taken up out of the case with a top mounted radiator.

Associate
Even AIOs that are extendable, such as the Alphacools? Can top this back up, replace the pump, and extend as required. Lower starting cost with the ability to extend over time to the system you need... (I am slightly biased after purchasing this, but did look at the EK kits as an option)

Soldato
recent tests suggest that a high-end Noctua (for example) will be as good as an AIO. as efficient and as quiet.

The noctua is probably quieter as you don't have any pump motor sounds. However it's an eyesore to look at.
A 360mm AIO is probably overkill for a 4790k, especially at only 4.4ghz - those old quads were pretty easy to cool with cheap coolers IIRC

Associate
OP
I'm currently using a Noctua U12S because I've always disliked the look of the big block air coolers
(https://noctua.at/en/nh-u12s.html)

I could rotate it 90 degrees so that it blows up to the top mounted fans. Only thing is that the CPU fan will be drawing from air directly above the GPU.

An EK unit would be amazing I'm sure but it's out of my budget at the moment.

CPU peak temp was 77c with Fury Nitro card, it dropped to 67c with the 1080ti SC Hybrid. I guess it's because the GPU isn't simply dumping all the heat into the case.

Associate
temps are totally fine - wouldn't bother wasting any money. If you want one then go for a 240 and find a cheap one OC are not the cheapest for AIO's I have a cryorig A40 ultimate cooling my ryzen 1700 (with arctic P12 fans)

Associate
Now using a LT360 on my 4690K. Yes, it is overkill, but can extend the loop to include GPU as well...

Far better than sealed-loop AIO, and the temps are super low...

Associate
The testing is not entirely fair as the layout is different and sides are off the case, as well as the fact the H100i is old and had not been repasted in 18 months, but seeing up to a 30 degreee difference on the CPU under full load... so yes, I would categorise that as 'far better' ;)

Associate
The testing is not entirely fair as the layout is different and sides are off the case, as well as the fact the H100i is old and had not been repasted in 18 months, but seeing up to a 30 degreee difference on the CPU under full load... so yes, I would categorise that as 'far better' ;)

I would suggest 30C better points to an issue with the H100i rather than the LT360 being "far better". Also a 360 rad is generally going to cool better than a 240.

Back
Top Bottom