• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

AMD Zen 2 (Ryzen 3000) - *** NO COMPETITOR HINTING ***

Soldato
People who bought AMD because they offered better value for money are acting in a sane way. That those people would not support AMD when they started to look like Intel is also rational.

The people who would support AMD even if they behaved exactly like Intel are the people with irrational "fanboy" motivation and faulty logic.

If AMD wants to behave like Intel then it can obviously expect to lose some of its customers.

I think we're some way off that yet. Cheaper CPU's band apparently comparable or better performance. More expensive motherboards but with new features and higher quality, with cheaper options available. All sounds very un-Intel like to me ;)

Soldato
ASRock had a 16c Zen2 sample at their booth in Computex, as for the release date it is very hard to say there are far too many variables to consider when it would, or would not be released. :)

Caporegime
Brain at Tech yes lovin having his beak in at some second hand cinebench run on an unknown CPU is not "Shown to the press" lol. It was neither announced or confirmed. I don't think we will see it this gen. certainly not before 2020

The screen shot showed a 16 core Ryzen with a product code similar to the one Apisak leaked as the 16 core Zen 2.

Look, with two 8 core chiplets on Ryzen 3000 do you really think they don't exist?

Soldato
The screen shot showed a 16 core Ryzen with a product code similar to the one Apisak leaked as the 16 core Zen 2.

Look, with two 8 core chiplets on Ryzen 3000 do you really think they don't exist?
Oh I KNOW they exsist. I just don't think AMD will release a 16 core desktop part this gen. (Ryzen 3000).
They don't need to. The 12 core will fly off the shelves as it beats Intel.
They won't play all their cards if they don't have to.

Caporegime
Oh I KNOW they exsist. I just don't think AMD will release a 16 core desktop part this gen. (Ryzen 3000).
They don't need to. The 12 core will fly off the shelves as it beats Intel.
They won't play all their cards if they don't have to.

They will come later, but not necessarily as Ryzen 4000.

AMD will want to keep them selves in the news, spreading out product launches will do that.

I think they are waiting to see what Intel do, be it as a reaction to whatever Intel do or just a later big news flagship launch when they have better yields and or more refined tweaking of Zen 2 clock speed at set volts, i can't see them holding on to something they have now when they could use it to bolster their mindshare and coffers now.

If its to be Ryzen 4000 the product will not be launched at all on 7nm, despite it existing.

Soldato
They will come later, but not necessarily as Ryzen 4000.

AMD will want to keep them selves in the news, spreading out product launches will do that.

I think they are waiting to see what Intel do, be it as a reaction to whatever Intel do or just a later big news flagship launch when they have better yields and or more refined tweaking of Zen 2 clock speed at set volts, i can't see them holding on to something they have now when they could use it to bolster their mindshare and coffers now.

If its to be Ryzen 4000 the product will not be launched at all on 7nm, despite it existing.
Ryzen 4000 is to be 7nm+

Soldato
Willfully ignoring evidence that is there, is quite an odd flex, I'll give ya that.
It's not "evidence". It's rumour and hearsay.
I will give it the credence it deserves. It was most likely a 16 core Zen part - YES. Thats it.
That does not equal. 16 parts being released any time soon or even on Ryzen 3000.

simple as that! Thats all I have said. People acting like it was "announced" and that it will be released soon.
Not so.

Soldato
It's not "evidence". It's rumour and hearsay.
I will give it the credence it deserves. It was most likely a 16 core Zen part - YES. Thats it.
That does not equal. 16 parts being released any time soon or even on Ryzen 3000.

simple as that! Thats all I have said. People acting like it was "announced" and that it will be released soon.
Not so.
quite so.

Soldato
Its also not evidence that the 16 core will not come to Ryzen 3000.
Maybe not literal evidence but there is plenty empirical evidence to suggest it might not.

Put it this way, if the 16 core is announced at E3 i will eat my hat.
I'm just trying to avoid a lot of people being upset when it is a no show.

AMD want to sell 12 cores. The upcoming Intel "competition" is a 10 core.
They do not have to release the 16 core any time soon at all.

Back
Top Bottom