• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

AMD Zen 2 (Ryzen 3000) - *** NO COMPETITOR HINTING ***

Caporegime
Maybe not literal evidence but there is plenty empirical evidence to suggest it might not.

Put it this way, if the 16 core is announced at E3 i will eat my hat.
I'm just trying to avoid a lot of people being upset when it is a no show.

AMD want to sell 12 cores. The upcoming Intel "competition" is a 10 core.
They do not have to release the 16 core any time soon at all.

Ok, what evidence is there? you haven't provided any, all you have done is tell us to disregard what we are telling you and substitute what? to give any validity to your argument? what is it exactly?

GAC

GAC

Soldato
id expect it to be 3950X as well, and il say it again im still expecting it to show up in a streaming demo at E3 or maybe even as a gaming server and streaming setup all in one. if not at E3 maybe as a $500 part come december.

Soldato
Imagine the egg on AMDs face if they are still behind Intel in games, especially after hiking prices. Surely they are ahead though, I mean why would the mobo AIB's be all over zen 2 like a rash.

Associate
Imagine the egg on AMDs face if they are still behind Intel in games, especially after hiking prices. Surely they are ahead though, I mean why would the mobo AIB's be all over zen 2 like a rash.
You'd honestly think so as no way the partners would spend so much on R&D if the CPU's weren't up to the task

Soldato
id expect it to be 3950X as well, and il say it again im still expecting it to show up in a streaming demo at E3 or maybe even as a gaming server and streaming setup all in one. if not at E3 maybe as a $500 part come december.
the 16 core part will be $500? so.... the same price as the 12 core part? #SeemsLegit.

This forum is do-lally.

Roll on E3 gaming bechies.

GAC

GAC

Soldato
the 16 core part will be $500? so.... the same price as the 12 core part? #SeemsLegit.

This forum is do-lally.

Roll on E3 gaming bechies.

i said MAYBE, as come christmas the 3900x should have dropped a bit by then so a special $500 price for christmas is a possibility and wouldnt surprise me. but who knows we could still see it in a few days at e3 and released in july with the rest of them.

Associate
it's dead easy to work it out - if AdoredTV said it's coming soon, then it's not......if he said it's not coming soon then it is :p
Charming another AdoredTV hater...

I don't always agree with the guy but the leaks for Ryzen were pretty accurate. Ok the stack shifted before release which make the nomenclature and pricing out. Some people just want to burn the heretic though, something I've seen plenty from you and others. It's rather pathetic to be honest.

Associate
I kind of like the theory that AMD will hold back the 16 core till intel comes up with a response or till 4000 series. Between that at the increased prices shows that AMD think they got intel beat for now at least, and if that means they slow play to make the most out of it then so be it. A more profitable AMD hopefully means they are able to keep the competition going for years

Caporegime

I don't always agree with the guy but the leaks for Ryzen were pretty accurate. Ok the stack shifted before release which make the nomenclature and pricing out. Some people just want to burn the heretic though, something I've seen plenty from you and others. It's rather pathetic to be honest.
Yeah he said they'd released a new Ryzen gen and they did!

That he got the number of SKUs wrong, the tiers (and therefore the price) of each SKU wrong, the #cores and the clocks of each SKU mixed around... well those are just minor details.

What's the difference between a $329 5Ghz 12 core R7 CPU and a $500 4.6 Ghz 12 core R9 CPU? Ah it's nothing! Minor details!

Soldato

the only thing that's pathetic is this daft reverence of AdoreTv or belief that he had anything other than his own guesses to peddle. i've nothing personally against the chap and he makes decent, oft-times, interesting videos. but he got nothing right that anyone with half a brain hadn't already guessed at. i certainly don't hate the guy nor do i view him as a heretic who should be burned.......but what he is is a bs peddler all prettily dressed up, he's good entertainment without a doubt but that's it. he doesn't have the inside line on what's happening, he doesn't have any anonymous reliable sources within amd. he's just a clever chap who made his guesses out to be 'leaks' because he knew that's what the great unwashed wanted to hear.

Back
Top Bottom