HP Reverb

Associate
Good review but raises one question for me, it was mentioned that if the controllers go out of view of the cameras in the headset a floating controller drifts across the screen. So if I'm sim racing and not using the controllers do they have to be in sight to stop this or is it configurable somewhere?

TIA

Soldato
If only this was the Rift S, or a Rift S pro. I think people would have been very happy to have this with Oculus lenses, tracking and hand controls, while keeping the form factor. This looks like an amazing headset for sims, but the controllers and two-camera tracking really let it down for other games.

It's ironic that the Reverb looks more like an Oculus headset than the Rift S.

Associate
OP
not sure,i think everyone sold out

its arrived anyways :)

quick test and my thoughts:

1080ti stock no OC
8600k at 4.8ghz
16gb ddr4 3000mhz
asrock pro4 atx mb
all liquid cooled
some bluetack

ok had a quick blast around okyama with about 15 other cars in the session and still had 90fps

I haven't even changed the IPD or downloaded any HP software,just started steam VR and iracing

very clear,i could see the braker marker boards clearer and detail on cars infront.

comfort wise it feels kinda hard on the face but comfy,no light bleed and snug fit but I think a slightly softer and thicker VRcover would be better.

its light,no pain on my head when wearing it.

now I wear glases and while I did manage to get them on my glasses lenses were touching the VR lenses of that im sure.

its much better than my odyssey for sure but I think im going to need some more of the VR lenses like I had for my odyssey,i have a big old noggin and nose so it might just be me,

I did manage to sorta fudge my odyssey VR lenses onto it and they did work but rubbed my nose hard.

overall tho I love it..the clarity is awesome.

im on resolution scale 100 in iracing dxfile and stock in whatever it is in VR,

Ingame my render numbers were 10.5 for the top one and about 3 for the one below

Associate
@fastboy Thanks - I saw you posted the same over at iracing. How's the sweet spot on the lenses. Can you glance down with your eyeballs and read the dash clearly? The Porsche Cup or McLaren F1 is a good test for this as they use some quite small fonts. In the Rift CV1 I have to move my head to get them clearly in focus.

Associate
OP
its better than the odyssey but you still get some blur ,that's just VR in general I think.

yes I posted on iracing,im really in 2 minds what to do now whether to just send it back or not.

Associate
Elite Dangerous is just stunning with the HP Reverb!! No issues with tracking and everything is pin sharp. I'm using a 1080Ti

I've put the settings to VR High

Fastboy, what resolution have you set in game?

Back
Top Bottom