• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

AMD Zen 2 (Ryzen 3000) - *** NO COMPETITOR HINTING ***

Soldato
E3 will hopefully bring lots more gaming benchmarks. (And ones where we can actually see the FPS counter...)
Also I think E3 is where my theory about the 3800x being the best chip for gaming is shown.

Oh, and also where the 16 core will NOT be shown. lol

Associate
all this speculation is utterly pointless. The only thing I care about is that the cpu's are better than the previous ones. having a 12 or 16 core cpu with better clocks and ipc will reduce my video render times over my current 1700. The increased gaming ability doesn't bother me as my current set up gives me more than enough fps on my 1080p monitor. Don't care if it beats intel as I don't have intel or plan to buy intel.

I'm waiting for reviews of the x570 boards to see if they are worth it over my x470 board re memory speed. PCIe 4 isn't of any use to me.

also I have new mountain bike stuff to buy as well so this is going to be an expensive summer :(

Soldato
also I have new mountain bike stuff to buy as well so this is going to be an expensive summer :(

Your :( makes it sound like you don't enjoy doing these things? Why be sad if you are putting your money in to doing things you like?

I'm busy building a new bike from parts I've been collecting up either locally, or through auction sites etc. I've not been able to part with my old bike, even though it is 15 years old I love it so much it is going to be excellent having a new ride :D

Associate
perfect example of what i am talking about. why are you so intent on defending some random youtuber? did you fall into the trap of believing his 'leaks'?? surely not, you seem intelligent and smart enough to have drawn your own conclusions - you didn't need someone to draw conclusions for you then post it in a nice video claiming it to be a leak??
This is the first example of a strawman, which I'll address down below. I'm not 'defending' him. I find your attitude towards him (and by extension many of the other Tech Tubers) quite ridiculous. I'm calling you out, not defending Jim, though you are attempting to deflect that with the above statement, bringing my intelligence into question and then appealing to it to suggest that if I don't agree then the inverse of being intelligent and smart must be the case is quite the insult to boot. That you have a conspiracy theory of it being made up and claimed as a leak is quite the stretch and doesn't really stack up to Occam's razor either.

belittling him?! catch yourself on - i've belittled no one. inadequacies?! what exactly are you talking about here?
You seem quite invested in your little pet theory, in turn you call Jim a liar, a BS'er and many other derogatory terms in a manner that suggests you were personally injured in some way by his making a video that had some partially accurate information in based on leaks from AMD as claimed by Jim and others too. It's interesting as the leaks between the different sources match up and all come from a similar time period of 8 months ago now. Yet you are here now, yelling from the rooftops that Jim is a liar and a thief of time.

A straw man is a form of argument and an informal fallacy based on giving the impression of refuting an opponent's argument, while actually refuting an argument that was not presented by that opponent. - what part of what i posted is strawmaning?! i've never tried to refute and argument that was not presented by AdoredTV or anyone. i've simply said that it's my opinion that their leaks were nothing more than their own guesses. i've been pretty clear on that i thought.
You presented an opinion that is in essence a refutation of the leaks, by saying they weren't leaks at all, that they were just the guesses of Jim. That is a refutation in and of itself, it's a strawman you can then use to support your side of the argument.

That you aren't even aware that the tack you are taking is a strawman is quite intriguing. However you are presenting a fallacy and using it as the basis of your theory. Currently I've seen no evidence to support your theory and until proven otherwise, we kinda have to run with the theory that Jim isn't lying and that the leakers are real. That doesn't mean they got everything or even anything 100% correct, especially with 8 month old information now.

Soldato
There certainly seems to a few agendas on here at the moment, along with some being deliberately obtuse. To the point it makes you wonder what people's motivation is.

As for the 16C, seems a sensible strategy to hold it back until 10C Intel lands. Sell for the same price with better performance. Pretty much every YouTuber at Computex has mentioned it's existence and how it was shown to the press behind closed doors or hinted at by motherboard vendors. e.g. I think an MSI rep mentioned how the X570 board could easily handle a 12 core processor or higher core count. Hmm I wonder what could that be?

Associate
Your :( makes it sound like you don't enjoy doing these things? Why be sad if you are putting your money in to doing things you like?

I'm busy building a new bike from parts I've been collecting up either locally, or through auction sites etc. I've not been able to part with my old bike, even though it is 15 years old I love it so much it is going to be excellent having a new ride :D

my bank balance does not like it ha ha ha ha.

p6pb17255057.jpg

Soldato
my bank balance does not like it ha ha ha ha.

Can you do 5GHz on that then? :D

I'm torn about what I want from a bike, CPU's are much easier to deal with. Been riding my Cannondale for so long it's like an old leather shoe and everything I try makes me say no, and yes at the same time, other than an old Chopper which was just amazeballs.

Associate
Can you do 5GHz on that then? :D

I'm torn about what I want from a bike, CPU's are much easier to deal with. Been riding my Cannondale for so long it's like an old leather shoe and everything I try makes me say no, and yes at the same time, other than an old Chopper which was just amazeballs.

don't get the obsession with 5ghz either.

Permabanned
and purchased.
I'll try tuning timings at a lower speed but for the same price as the 4000 and 3866 made sense to go for the highest binned ones I guess.

Speed / timings is a trade off. in the real world over 4000mhz at cl18 is fast.
i would like to know what the XMP voltage is it says 1.3 to 1.4. 8Pack says DDR4 is ok for upto 1.5v for daily use you should be ok to drop the timings a bit on the ram

Associate
So some of us are actually discussing Zen and trying to have a discussion about it, mostly everyone else is either having a spaz about AdoredTV or discussing bikes? WTF mods get a grip on this thread please.

Decent discussion on the actual topic is being buried by petty off topic bickering and random bike talk

Soldato
So some of us are actually discussing Zen and trying to have a discussion about it, mostly everyone else is either having a spaz about AdoredTV or discussing bikes? WTF mods get a grip on this thread please.

Decent discussion on the actual topic is being buried by petty off topic bickering and random bike talk
Literally one picture of a bike. Hardly de-railed lol.

Soldato

I really can't decide if i should upgrade my Ducati 1098s to a Ducati V4..........................should i just keep the 1098s and buy the V4 anyway....................chop in the 1098s for the V4.......................or just say nut's to it and get a Suzuki :D

Now that is a question that needs a serious answer.......................i already know the answer......................most here have no clue as to what the question was, let alone the answer :D

Permabanned
I really can't decide if i should upgrade my Ducati 1098s to a Ducati V4..........................should i just keep the 1098s and buy the V4 anyway....................chop in the 1098s for the V4.......................or just say nut's to it and get a Suzuki :D

Now that is a question that needs a serious answer.......................i already know the answer......................most here have no clue as to what the question was, let alone the answer :D
buy V4 anyway and have both.....

Soldato

Alright, alright, calm down, calm down (in scouse accent) I think if you check throughout this thread you'll find more valuable contributions from myself and a few others, inevitably however due to people being people, opinions differ and things some times go beyond there intended discussion.

So KentMan, tell us what you think about Zen2, and Ryzen 3xxx - do you think there will be a 16c part released this year or will they skip it and release it with Zen3 in 2020?

Soldato
buy V4 anyway and have both.....

Lol............100% the correct answer. The V4 will be on my drive before anyone on this forum has a 3900x though.......................but i have waited since 2008 for a Ducati V4 that i could actually afford (desmosedici costs about £1/4m now). Looking forward to going fast on a V4 Ducati for the first time :D

Soldato
first and foremost dude/dudette it was not my intention to question your intelligence - I thought that portion of my post was so glaringly obvious as a 'switcheroo' that it was clearly tongue in cheek. 100% genuine apologies if it came across as anything other that a joke. in my defence it sounded funnier in my head. believe it or not you have come across as one of the more sane rational and intelligent posters in here - and i'll stand by that every bit as resolutely as i'll stand by my condemnation of the likes of AdoredTV (<<<<joke joke joke :p)

that suggests you were personally injured in some way by his making a video that had some partially accurate information in based on leaks from AMD as claimed by Jim and others too
not at all - I simply care very little about most of these tech tubers with their 'inside track' leaks and enjoy poking fun at them when their guesses blow up. sort of in the same way the local bs'er telling you his tall tale over a pint about his friend of a friend that did x,y & z is always good craic and fair game for a wind up and slagging. someone wants to give it 'large' then they have to expect a bit of ribbing when their claims turn out to be mainly hot air

Yet you are here now, yelling from the rooftops that Jim is a liar and a thief of time.
aww come on, that's a bit of a stretch - I've made maybe 2 or 3 disparaging posts relating to AdoredTv, hardly shouting from the rooftops. not sure what a thief of time is but until he presents proof of where his 'leaks' come from i'll continue to believe that he lied - as most of these youtubers do - that in tself is actually a pop at him, I fully understand these youtubers/streamers have to lie, exaggerate, entice and enthral .....there primary goal is not to inform or educate us mere mortals, it's to make money. and the sad reality is that the truth doesn't bring the clicks ;) - with that said, if he ever were to disclose his sources and they were verified I would, without a moments hesitation, retract what I've said about him and apologise. i'd also likely hurt myself falling off my high horse :p

it's a strawman you can then use to support your side of the argument.
it's really not a straw man mate - I simply do not believe him when he says he had insider information. I believe that he made educated guesses on what we would see as a result of studying what was already in the wild - and there's nothing wrong with that, it's what most of us have been doing (if not publicly then certainly privately) my issue is when someone tries wrapping it up as some sort of exclusive insider information.

as I said in my previous post - you believe him (as you're entitled to), I don't (as i'm entitled to). that's all it boils down to and we don't really need to keep going over it time and again.

tell you what, **** AdoredTV and all the rest of them (**** me too and you three for that matter :p) - lets just bask in the glory that is almost certainly going to be amd ripping the cpu crown squarely from intels head. :D

i'll finish again though by apologising if the opening part of my previous post came across as a dig or a pop at your intelligence. that was not my intention, honestly.

Back
Top Bottom