Destiny 2... It's a coming!

Soldato
People are idiots, who knew.

I have played prime mostly as a team but when I am solo I just tend to focus on initially banking big, protecting bank from blockers and taking out envoys so the idiots can focus on the boss. Then if that isn't going well I invade, which I don't do very often in my team.

The mode is awesome, reckoning is done well and it isn't even only for gambit armor - Tier 3 will have enhanced perks so will be a solid farm.

Tier 2 is out tonight, will probably be 660 entry with 670 power level enemies, tier 3 will be 680 entry with 690 power level enemies. Xur bounties also appear tonight.

Managed to get to 673 power level on my second character and still have one more to go. Will be 680+ by the end of the weekend no doubt. All raids etc done - love this game! lol

Pity there isn't a new raid, we did day 1 SOTP when it came out, wanted another day 1!

Soldato
I’ve just upgraded my PC and I’m looking to get into a loot grind shooter. I have a copy of Destiny 2 from Humble Monthly which I got ages ago. I played it a bit and then put it to one side.

Is the game worth getting into? Do I need to buy loads of expansions to make it worthwhile? Is it still popular or do only the hardcore remain? I’ll mostly be playing solo.

Otherwise I’m tempted by The Division 2, which is getting good reviews. I’d rather not pay fifty notes if Destiny 2 is good enough.

I also got a code for Anthem with my new GPU but it’s getting more bad attention than good.

Cheers.

Associate
Is the game worth getting into? Do I need to buy loads of expansions to make it worthwhile? Is it still popular or do only the hardcore remain? I’ll mostly be playing solo.

Otherwise I’m tempted by The Division 2, which is getting good reviews. I’d rather not pay fifty notes if Destiny 2 is good enough.

I also got a code for Anthem with my new GPU but it’s getting more bad attention than good.
The base game of Destiny 2 is pretty underwhelming story/narrative wise. However, the gunplay and movement is the main selling point of Destiny, IMO. Forsaken DLC was the saving grace for Destiny 2, fantastic new areas, story narrative, armour/weapons etc. There are lots of players still playing, due to the season pass (post Forsaken) constantly dropping content. Unfortunately it comes at a price ~£30 for Forsaken, more if you want access to the "sub-DLC" season pass drops. IMO, Forsaken is definitely worth the money (its some of the best Destiny content I've played)

Division 2, is fantastic straight out of the gate. Environment and mission areas, pretty much every part of the city, all incredibly well done and detailed. Whereas Destiny makes you work harder for a good chunk of the loot (bounties, key activity completions etc) Div2 absolutely showers you in loot, its everywhere - Mob drops, open boxes, finding hidden boxes, alleyways, sewers etc etc. Div2 gameplay is much slower, and definitely cover based this time compared to Div1. But also ability use and cooldowns are much longer. Also all the DLC for year 1 in Div2 is free/included in the base game price.

Up until end game, both games are fine solo and there is matchmaking for certain missions if required. Both games also have a big following on the OCUK Discord. I'd probably sway towards Div2, but it kinda depends which game-play you prefer.

Anthem, don't bother - Probs keep it as you got it for "free" and give them at least 6 months. D2 and Div2 are much better at the moment.

Is the clan still going ? Used to be a member , but me and my friend have started playing again. Burned through Forsaken content in a night. Cheers
Yes the clan is still active: https://www.bungie.net/en/ClanV2?groupid=2468960 Let us know your ID

Also there is no way you burned all the Forsaken content in a night. The base story missions on Tangled Shore, sure, but not the Dreaming City.

Associate
Yes the clan is still active: https://www.bungie.net/en/ClanV2?groupid=2468960 Let us know your ID

Also there is no way you burned all the Forsaken content in a night. The base story missions on Tangled Shore, sure, but not the Dreaming City.

It is Lustral#2839 and if possible add my friend Michael#21475 that will be great.

Yeah we are working on the pre cursor to the Dreaming City at the moment , just about to buy the annual pass as well and im leveling up a hunter as well.

Cheers in advance.

Associate
Since the last big update I've been getting random crashes, game plays well and then will freeze, I have to switch off the pc by the power button to get out of it, anyone else have a problem like this ?

Associate
Finally got the complete set of notorious reaper armour :D

Destiny-2-Screenshot-2019-04-27-00-44-24-31.png

Soldato
I only have the base game I feel it's pointless playing it without the expansions now? Was thinking of getting forsaken, but with the new one incoming I want a good deal and get all the expansions.

Secondly, anyone reliably play this game the majority of the time with an xbox controller?

Associate
Worse thing about this game is the cost of the expansions I bought Forsaken got to level 600 see other people level 650 how do I get to max level well you have to buy the annual pass another 30 quid I thought sod to that.

Soldato
Wont need to worry about that much longer @banbom44

Would highly recommend anyone interested or slightly interested in Destiny watch the latest bungie stream - massive news for how they are moving forward.

LiE

LiE

Caporegime
Looks very interesting. So New Light allows you to get right into the action without having to do all the prior content. You'll still need to buy Forsaken it seems.

Soldato
Soldato
And best of all they are going to support cross-save, my Titans coming home!

https://www.theverge.com/2019/6/6/18653622/bungie-destiny-2-cross-save-support-pc-xbox-google-stadia

Yep, Pigtails will be coming to pc!!

The way I took the stream is that everything up to shadowkeep will be essentially free (so everything so far) and you will buy the seasons as almost standalone content. What they weren’t clear on is what level of micro transactions will be involved (especially assuming the game to the seasonal point becomes free).

Need more details tbh.

EDIT: Reading a bit more on reddit, looks like you get all of Yr1 for free and can explore the patrol zones from Yr2 but not sure on the rest.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom