PLAYERUNKNOWN'S BATTLEGROUNDS - Thread

Caporegime
Hello Players!

First off, we want to thank you for such an amazing year so far. The first half of 2019 has flown by quickly, but certainly has not seen the last of the exciting updates we have planned for PUBG. We’ve been hard at work on some of the great new updates we talked about earlier in the year, and wanted to take a moment to go over the development direction for all of our platforms in the coming months. Below, you’ll find an important message from TS Jang, Executive Producer and Head of Development at PUBG. He will guide you through our vision for the game and some of the exciting things we’re working on, including information on how you can help test the update to our beloved Erangel map.

Erangel Visual Update
For the past few months, we’ve been sharing our plans to bring our very first map, Erangel, up to the same level of polish as our more recent maps. We started way back in March with an initial balance of loot and followed it up more recently with a full loot pass. We’re excited to finally give you a sneak peek at some of the other improvements we’ve had in the works.

With this test, you’ll see new building styles, more realistic scenery and terrain, some new and changed areas within the map, and test settings for an updated Blue Zone.

As with previous stages of the Erangel update, these changes will be rolled out on the Test Server first, allowing players to get in, test map stability, check out all the updates, and provide their feedback before this hits live servers later this summer.

Detailed plans for the Test Server operation are as follows.

Test Information
PC Test Server Availability: 6/6 8:00 p.m. – 6/11 8:00 p.m. (PDT)

• Operation plans by phase
    • Phase 1: 6/6 8:00 p.m. PDT ~ 6/8 8:00 p.m. PDT (48 hours)
      • Partner Custom Matches only
      • Only the updated Erangel and normal Custom Match mode are available
      • Only official PUBG partners from each region can create Custom Match sessions, but all players can join the lobby to play
    • Phase 2: 6/8 8:00 p.m PDT ~ 6/11 8:00 p.m PDT (72 hours)
      • Public and Partner Custom Matches available
      • Only the updated Erangel map is available. Quick Join is also available.
      • Squad mode only. FPP only in North America and TPP only on Asia servers.
      • All players can participate

When Phase 1 begins, the partners listed below can make the session and you can join the custom match rooms. Look out for your favorite streamers below and jump in for a game!

As mentioned above, this test will feature some new Blue Zone settings we’ve been working on to help Erangel feel more up-to-date based on emerging playstyles and tactics. These settings are experimental and subject to change based on your feedback. Test details for the Blue Zone balance are as follows:

Changes to Erangel’s Blue Zone for Testing (applied on the test server during the test period only)
  • Blue Zone timings are faster throughout the match.
  • Blue Zone delay is reduced in the earlier phase.
  • Size of the safe zone is reduced in the earlier phase.
  • Blue Zone speed is reduced in the early & middle phases.
  • Blue Zone damage is slightly increased in the later phase.
  • Blue Zone delay is reduced in the last phase.
We are excited to finally be able to share our work with you and look forward to your feedback on this new take on our classic map. This update will be available on PC and consoles by late summer this year. More information and specific plans will be announced at a later date.

We know Erangel is a beloved part of PUBG that stirs up passion among our players. Rest assured, we’ll make every effort to keep Erangel feeling like the map you fell in love with while bringing it in line with how players enjoy PUBG today. As always, we look forward to your invaluable feedback and we hope you enjoy the Erangel Visual Update and Blue Zone changes.

Thank you.

–The PUBG Team

SPG

SPG

Soldato
Join your favourite streamer / Hacker.....

Joy of joy I have just wet my pants (if i was wearing any) More Tripe

Sniper rifles should be banned to crate only, every man and his dog is a bush wookie these days.

Soldato
I think its playing the best its ever been, server performance is good. Game is running smooth and I like the snipers :D Getting plenty of wins, kills and high damage games since the update.

Caporegime
the snipers everywhere is actually more fun with the game. also unless you playing against decent people it wont really make much difference. if everyone has them its just down to skill. you shoot them or they shoot you. vikendi is brilliant now. really loving it. going to be interesting how the vaulting grabbing of ledges changes gameplay. lots of places will be accessable that werent before. also ways you enter and leave buildings will be different.

SPG

SPG

Soldato
the snipers everywhere is actually more fun with the game. also unless you playing against decent people it wont really make much difference. if everyone has them its just down to skill. you shoot them or they shoot you. vikendi is brilliant now. really loving it. going to be interesting how the vaulting grabbing of ledges changes gameplay. lots of places will be accessable that werent before. also ways you enter and leave buildings will be different.

I find it dull tbh, always plays out the same. Who ever gets lucky when they pop out out from cover gets the kill. Rather than lean left/right wars.

Caporegime
depends thats down to skill when to shoot where to shoot from. when to take a shot and obviously hitting the shot.

erangel update on test servers soon and it looks very very nice lots of changes tweaks to the map. should really check it out. pubg devs get some stick but its really doing the right things at the moment. :cool:

Caporegime
its okay. if you play a map with the bison on take that instead.vector is deadly unless you miss any rounds then you dead. bison like the tommy gun is a squad wiper with no need to reload.

Soldato
I love the bison, it has been my goto of choice since it was released but since trying the vector again I would take it over the bizon in solo/duo's every time now.... yesterday I was dropping teams of two before they could even get a shot off close up... what also amazed me is its potential for taking someone out mid range... I love the bizon for that too but the vector does it in half the time, really very impressed. The 33 rounds deffo helps if you miss a few, and if you manage to clip there head they are getting a fair ammount of fast bullets in there.

Soldato
Anyone play any different PUBG modes?

I've never played any of the zombie modes.

I'd love to play a mode with 1% the loot. Really make it a mixed bag on what you would find. M416 vs tommy gun late in the game for example

Soldato
Shotgun only mode on Miramar with a million boosts was excellent! I loved that. It was just funny to stand in the middle of an open field with the rest of your squad just be like "come on then...we can see you, you can see us, lets have it out then!"

Back
Top Bottom