Check my basket! :)

Associate
Hi guys,

Can I get some input on this please, max budget £450!

zodBOnE

iEx89bF

https://imgur.com/iEx89bF

Thanks!

Soldato
mVKjdh8.png

B450 board to ensure compatibility with Ryzen 2200G.

Ryzen 2200G can be found new for less ^ so no need for thermal paste either.

Corsair CX450, slightly better PSU, more warranty, and more power for CPU and GPU than the Kolink "500".

The rest kind of fits budget, G.Skill 3200 just a tad of a luxury but tempting at that price, and leaves you £35 for a suitable case.

Soldato
Not too shabby if buying all from one place. The ASRock B450M Pro4 was available for just £1 more, has four DIMM slots for adding memory.

Soldato
Did you intentionally get a G series CPU to go crossfire? I would've thought it'd make sense to try to get a better CPU as you have a discrete graphics card. But I guess the Ryzen 2 chips are a refinement all round from first gen.

Man of Honour
Why on earth did you pay £89.99 for a B grade 2200G when it's only £79.99 brand new (sure it wasn't out of stock when I linked to it but it's even cheaper elsewhere)? That deal would have been live last night when you started this thread so I don't understand why you have done that. You could have had 3200mhz memory for the same price as well. Actually you would be better off phoning them up to see if you can cancel the order because the motherboard is a poor choice as well. The one you have picked only has two memory slots and no vrm heatsinks at all. For just a £1 more you could have had the Asrock B450M Pro4 which has 4 memory slots and a pair of vrm heatsinks. Just £7 more would have got you that SSD brand new with a full five year warranty instead of the 90 days you get with B grade items.

Soldato
Actually you would be better off phoning them up to see if you can cancel the order because the motherboard is a poor choice as well.
^^This ideally and then take the advice given throughout the the thread (@Danny75 had you covered in post #4) and pastymuncher.

Or, at the very least renegotiate the price as they've clearly made a pricing error with the CPU (probably not updated with price drops) - i'm sure they will knock off money/refund so it's below the cost of new.

Back
Top Bottom