**** The Official Samsung Galaxy S10 Family Thread ****

Soldato
Anyone know if there's a way to set the phone to always prefer WiFi calling when available? I appear to be on the cusp of what the phone considers good mobile signal at home, so it will switch between WiFi calling and VoLTE during a call and I sometimes get cut off. I'd rather it just stayed on WiFi calling since that should be more reliable.

Soldato
The Samsung navigation gestures are better than stock, also don't get in the way of content below them.
Having played briefly in store I couldn't really get my head round them. Swiping 'up' on the left side to go back just seems odd to me.

Anyhoo, "non standard procurement request" entered for this, at the office. Let's hope my IT guy sorts me out (and my boss remembers he has to approve it in the system after telling him I'm doing that :o)

I also remembered I bought Nova Prime ages ago, so I can probably do a good job of making it look how I want. Excited now, but going to a
have to wait!

Soldato
Having played briefly in store I couldn't really get my head round them. Swiping 'up' on the left side to go back just seems odd to me.
If it's this that is confuddling you then you can switch it round in the settings i.e. Back/Home/Recent OR Recent/Home/Back.

Samsung's affinity to have the nav buttons the other way round from traditional Android is one of mysteries of the Universe...

Associate
Anyone that can recommend a clear case for the s10? Ended up getting the green backed version of the phone and would be a shame to cover it up.

Soldato
I got one today and its nuts coming from a s6 edge. That Bixby is a little creepy and I agree with what others have said scrolling up is strange.

I have sat here for two hours busting Bixby nuts I am going to see how far I can take it. I have already done a good few, now I am going to try the dirty stuff. Its funny I will see what "smash the pasty" , "masturbation" and "poo through letter box" comes back with.

A night of pure entertainment.:D

Soldato
Interested in why you find it odd. In terms of gestures left is normally used for back, right for forward.
Don't you swipe up on the left side to go back? It's the swiping up I find odd. I only played with it for a moment though, we'll see when I get it!

mrk

mrk

Man of Honour
Don't you swipe up on the left side to go back? It's the swiping up I find odd. I only played with it for a moment though, we'll see when I get it!
You can choose whatever side you want to swipe by switching the back/task switch buttons in settings.

Also it's not odd at all. Only Samsung typically only had the back button on the right whilst Google only had it in one or two really early Android phones.

rps20190607_084143_211.jpg

The reason why gestures on Samsung are better than any other form of OS navigation is because they take up no screen space and as such are totally invisible. Also means anyone using your phone will have a hard time as they are unlikely to know the setup :p

Soldato
No, I get the placement of it. Left side for back makes total sense. What I'm saying is swiping *up* to go back seems weird. It's fine, I'll figure it out :)

Soldato
No, I get the placement of it. Left side for back makes total sense. What I'm saying is swiping *up* to go back seems weird. It's fine, I'll figure it out :)
Just like 3rd party launchers apps, there's 3rd party gesture nav replacement apps. I use 'fluid navigation' and it let's me swipe in from the right hand side to go back. I've been using it for a few months now and it's been excellent. No need for root and its full screen.

Back
Top Bottom