Gd has died

Caporegime
You're 39?! :eek:
Yeah, I’ve noticed that. Some of them start posting at 6 in the morning and are still going at nearly midnight.

It’s a pretty pointless argument anyway. No one will change anyone’s opinion, so what’s the point in wasting your energy?

And yet you were on there at 6am and then at midnight in order to observe their posting. Funny that.

Actually, half the population will happily change their opinion when presented with facts, evidence and logical reasoning. But there is a half that will never change their opinion because they disregard facts and are incapable of reasoned thought.

Soldato
You mean "at least remember to click the red wavy line and have the software fix your spelling before you post"

:p

Nobody can spell these days.
I don't have spell check turned on so unfortunately not ;)

I'm 25 and would say I'm fairly proficient at spelling, so whilst I'm very much in the millennial generation I can confidently say that there are still people out there that can spell. I'm sorry if your 39 year old self isn't one of those people :)

Soldato
And yet you were on there at 6am and then at midnight in order to observe their posting. Funny that.

Actually, half the population will happily change their opinion when presented with facts, evidence and logical reasoning. But there is a half that will never change their opinion because they disregard facts and are incapable of reasoned thought.
Or as we like to call them, the left.

Caporegime

Posts don’t disappear. I see what time they’re posting when I log on.

I agree people can change, but let’s face it, it’s not happening with brexit. Everyone’s pitched their tent now for the duration.

Soldato
Mods are censoring free discussion, they are trying to hold back ideas.

I believe they are probably in bed with the deep state.... let's be real their tentacles have found their way into everything.....

Now OCUK is nothing but a liberal shill space where they push their agendas upon us with subversive techniques. I don't trust anything I read here anymore, too many shills and deep state astroturfers here and the mods are complicit in this system.

You've been warned.

Soldato
Mods are censoring free discussion, they are trying to hold back ideas.

I believe they are probably in bed with the deep state.... let's be real their testicles have found their way into everything.....

Now OCUK is nothing but a liberal shill space where they push their agendas upon us with subversive techniques. I don't trust anything I read here anymore, too many shills and deep state astroturfers here and the mods are complicit in this system.

You've been warned.

Fixed.

This whole thread is no different to the self-deprecating way that Viz used to refer back to the good old days "when Viz was funny".

Soldato
Reflecting on it, we just don't see the same "comedy" as 5-10 years ago, if I recall
  • Avec Dino
  • Thanks for the info
  • Feeks birthday challenge
  • GTA and the married women and leopard outfit (I think that was the story anyway, may have to thread revival on that one)
  • Paint a movie scene (I recall Disclosure or something with robots??)

Even silly things like "CLAIMED" which got really old really fast

None of that is on the mod team, its just a case of the main poster populous has either moved on, or their tastes have changed / different views from a younger fan base. I mean, whatever happened to the rogue's gallery?

I can't remember the last GD meet that wasn't London based.

We lost a lost of long time posters, meaning the long term lurkers (like me) who should have filled the gap, didn't, which I think killed the community a little bit (we lost Desmo, Piggymon, Xander, GTA, 2Blue4U, (Is Raymond Lin still about? Still recall the Half life 2 thread!)

Ultimately, GD has died, because of us, the community, not the mod team. Let's get some comedy back in to it

I'll finish with HIGH FIVE!!!!!!! from Otacon

EDIT - Christ I joined this forum 14 years ago...

Soldato
Reflecting on it, we just don't see the same "comedy" as 5-10 years ago, if I recall
  • Avec Dino
  • Thanks for the info
  • Feeks birthday challenge
  • GTA and the married women and leopard outfit (I think that was the story anyway, may have to thread revival on that one)
  • Paint a movie scene (I recall Disclosure or something with robots??)

Even silly things like "CLAIMED" which got really old really fast

None of that is on the mod team, its just a case of the main poster populous has either moved on, or their tastes have changed / different views from a younger fan base. I mean, whatever happened to the rogue's gallery?

I can't remember the last GD meet that wasn't London based.

We lost a lost of long time posters, meaning the long term lurkers (like me) who should have filled the gap, didn't, which I think killed the community a little bit (we lost Desmo, Piggymon, Xander, GTA, 2Blue4U, (Is Raymond Lin still about? Still recall the Half life 2 thread!)

Ultimately, GD has died, because of us, the community, not the mod team. Let's get some comedy back in to it

I'll finish with HIGH FIVE!!!!!!! from Otacon

EDIT - Christ I joined this forum 14 years ago...
@Raymond Lin is still about!

There have been a good number of motors meets over the years, I know the photography sub forum have them occasionally.

Get your points though, although i haven't exactly been around that long. Although the time has gone very fast :eek:

Caporegime
This seems to be the main difference from say 10 years ago

This.

Between the occasional racist/bigoted thread there was a lot of fun threads where people were being lighthearted.

Now GD is largely full of threads that seem to consist of a news article about something the op doesn’t like, followed by several pages of people moaning at each other.

#irony.

Transmission breaker
Don
Anyone who complains about the moderation on OcUK needs to go spend some time on forums with more lax views on moderation.
There is a reason why this forum has remained, grown and transcended it's original purpose to be a massively popular general forum. Moderation is a key part of it.

Man of Honour
One of the main problems in GD is that posters can ask a simple question or post a topic and then all the kids come out.
The times I see this is unbelievable and it's happening to me right now.
I just want a photo ID that isn't one of my important documents but oh no, you get the third degree.

Back
Top Bottom