**** Official Fallout 4 Thread ****

Soldato
Had one of those great Idiot Savant moments in Far Harbor yesterday...
Super Mutant Overseer x 3- no proc.
Super Mutant Primus x 2 - no proc.
Some super crab beast with a tanker on its back, worth 88 points - no proc.
Radroach... cue the gurning noise and, 5 x 6 = 30.
Thanks very much. Really. Thanks. :)

Soldato
For something fun and a bit different, try this on a Minuteman playthrough.

When you first get to the Institute, complete the initial meet and greet with Father to open up the rest of the facility. If you shoot him in the head there and then, only the direct corridors from the relay will be unlocked. Starting with those obnoxious snoots in Synth Retention, go all jihad on everyone you can find in the main areas which will turn everyone hostile including "Father" who I reserved Pickman's Blade for. Other than a couple of cloaked Coursers, this part of the battle was fairly easy...

However I knew something... interesting was coming when I kept picking up multiple red blips at a higher level on my scanner. After grabbing Virgil's serum headed back up to the Relay where the room and stairs down to the lift were wall to wall with Synth Stormers (at Level 69, might get lower enemies at a lesser level). All I can say is it's a good job I had my modified missile launcher and Nuke Nuke with me. I became addicted to Med-X and Psycho twice... Reckon there was near on 50 enemies in total, all in a confined space - huge fun and better than any of the Boss levels otherwise in the game. Lot's of loot and XP too. Admittedly I did die a couple of times until I sequenced my attack correctly.

Just be aware of this if you try this to take appropriate weaponry. A pipe rifle will not cut it. Initially I did think about trying a Stealth Boy but these guys were packed in like commuters on a footbridge staircase in rush hour, so doubt I could have got by.

Man of Honour
I always spend days clearing the commonwealth in prep for the DLC areas... then get bored of the game because I have the best armor and weapons already. Never actually finished Far Harbor or even played Nuka.

Man of Honour
I always spend days clearing the commonwealth in prep for the DLC areas... then get bored of the game because I have the best armor and weapons already. Never actually finished Far Harbor or even played Nuka.

It's not really a loot game. It's more of an exploration and story game. Have you tried Grim Dawn? That's an excellent loot game. Recently, I finally found one item of the extremely rare armour set that's best for my build...and lost it somehow. Presumably I sold it by mistake amongst the mountain of loot I'd gathered.

Back in FO4...I'm L200 and I've had the best armour and weapons for my build for ages. Modded legendary heavy combat armour in all parts except for my trusty ragged hat, which has mark 5 ballistic weave (and is therefore far better than a helmet). As do the army fatigues I have on underneath. Modded Overseer's Guardian for sniping and midrange, modded 2 shot automatic combat rifle for close range. I'm so overpowered I could probably do just fine wearing pyjamas and using a pipe pistol. And tonight I had the fun of finding an unmarked location I didn't know about. I mainly do settlement building, but I go out on scavving missions quite a lot because I build huge settlements and never cheat myself any resources.

Soldato
I've finally got a good Sim Settlements game going. Using a mix of that and a few Transfer Settlement blueprints and I've got some really cool places.

Sim Settlements: Rise of the Commonwealth is a real game changer - just unlock a settlement, put a city planner desk down and assign a leader, then go off doing quests and when you come back you've got a new settlement in development.

Man of Honour
I've finally got a good Sim Settlements game going. Using a mix of that and a few Transfer Settlement blueprints and I've got some really cool places.

Sim Settlements: Rise of the Commonwealth is a real game changer - just unlock a settlement, put a city planner desk down and assign a leader, then go off doing quests and when you come back you've got a new settlement in development.

I considered Sim Settlements, particularly with the expansions. The industrial revolution one had me pondering. But by then I'd half built a dozen settlements. I never seem to finish one, as I either change my mind and rebuild or wander into another settlement and start work on that or just run out of interest or ideas after placing a few thousand items.

I'm currently building Somerville Place into a walled medieval style manor house. Clerestory roof style, weathered oak boards on the outside with a stained timber frame and stained wood panelling inside. I'm using the Snappy Housekit mod, combined with G2M Workshop and Clean Shacks Compatibility for the interior stairwell. I started with "Clean and Simple - Somerville Place Startup" and was going to stick with that. I was still working on a huge trading settlement at Starlight, with an elaborate trading hall with large and fully decorated shops for the tier 4 merchants. I picked up Somerville Place as a settlement by accident, so I was just going to plop someone else's premade settlement there. Then I decided I wanted to add an extra room and a slanted roof instead of the flat roof section...and nothing snapped to it. So I built a barn as a temporary home, scrapped the old house and built the manor house in its place on the section that the Clean and Simple mod altered to make flat. Now I have a large hall and I'm wondering how to furnish and decorate it. One thing will be a painting of my character with weapon drawn and in full armour, dramatically lit in the fortified gateway to the settlement (I added a fortification wall - walled towns are appropriate in the gameworld). I have a mod that allows you to turn screenshots into ingame paintings and posters. It's not mandatory for settlers to display "We Thank The Founder" paintings... :) But then what should I do to make the pool area as nice as possible? Should I extend the hall further and add a toilet room and a gym, or should I have those as seperate buildings? Should I put grass down to replace the bare dirt areas? There are only 3 settlers there, so cutting large areas of grass would be an onerous task for them on top of farming. Not really, of course, but roleplaying is part of the fun for me.

I tend to use predominantly concrete in other settlements, so I wanted a more rustic, more medieval look for this one. Still remaining plausible within the gameworld, since that's my thing - as nice as possible within the gameworld. Concrete is plausible - you can make concrete from all sorts of things. Limestone, wood ash, shells. You just need to know how to make the cement from those things and how to make concrete from cement. That could be something the character had read before the war or something in a book scavved in the game. It's not very complex - it can be done with stone age technology.

There are about a bazillion things to do in FO4 if you're into settlement building, especially if framerate isn't a problem. You will get a drop in framerate if you use thousands of items, expanded settlements and infinite settlement budget.

FTM

FTM

Soldato
I have still not seen some settlements built in Sim settlement as I keep restarting

think I am set now as I have bumped up to the 255 esp limit..so dont really have a choice when it comes to this playthrough!

Soldato
Had an interesting time with this last night. I became quite annoyed at a particular character and accidently discovered the following (Don't read unless you've built and used the doohickey at Boston airport)

Following my transport to The Institute, I decided to immediately kill Father and then proceed to massacre everyone else I could find. However when I tried to reach the transporter in order to exit, I was ambushed by some 30+ synths who spawned in the lower level corridor right before the transporter room.

For something fun and a bit different, try this on a Minuteman playthrough.

When you first get to the Institute, complete the initial meet and greet with Father to open up the rest of the facility. If you shoot him in the head there and then, only the direct corridors from the relay will be unlocked. Starting with those obnoxious snoots in Synth Retention, go all jihad on everyone you can find in the main areas which will turn everyone hostile including "Father" who I reserved Pickman's Blade for. Other than a couple of cloaked Coursers, this part of the battle was fairly easy...

However I knew something... interesting was coming when I kept picking up multiple red blips at a higher level on my scanner. After grabbing Virgil's serum headed back up to the Relay where the room and stairs down to the lift were wall to wall with Synth Stormers (at Level 69, might get lower enemies at a lesser level). All I can say is it's a good job I had my modified missile launcher and Nuke Nuke with me. I became addicted to Med-X and Psycho twice... Reckon there was near on 50 enemies in total, all in a confined space - huge fun and better than any of the Boss levels otherwise in the game. Lot's of loot and XP too. Admittedly I did die a couple of times until I sequenced my attack correctly.

Just be aware of this if you try this to take appropriate weaponry. A pipe rifle will not cut it. Initially I did think about trying a Stealth Boy but these guys were packed in like commuters on a footbridge staircase in rush hour, so doubt I could have got by.

It came as quite a shock when I discovered that on my first "kill everyone" playthough.:D

Soldato
Once again I will mention after now playing 100 hours of the Xbox 1X enhanced build that its such a shame Bethesda are not releasing that newer build to PC (it would have to be Win 10 DX12 only & maybe even Windows Store only). The DX12 X1X equivalent shader FX make such a difference here. Vastly improved shader FX for lighting, smoke, fog. Far Harbour looks a lot different & stunning in many places when the fog & radioactive storms combine. DX12 really makes it appear a lot newer than the game engine is. The combined rendered image also has a much higher draw distance than the last PC build.

I am a PC gamer through & through and only bought an X1X as fed up with the HDR mess on PC (no proper HDR unless PlayReady 3.0 DRM system). Fallout 4 is a very good reason if you need one to buy an X1X as the newer build has much sharper textures, better AF, higher draw distance, stable FPS & vastly improved shader FX for almost the entire game. Screenshots & video do not sell the difference though you need to see the game in action on an X1X with a 4K Display to see the visible difference & improvements.

Associate
Once again I will mention after now playing 100 hours of the Xbox 1X enhanced build that its such a shame Bethesda are not releasing that newer build to PC (it would have to be Win 10 DX12 only & maybe even Windows Store only). The DX12 X1X equivalent shader FX make such a difference here. Vastly improved shader FX for lighting, smoke, fog. Far Harbour looks a lot different & stunning in many places when the fog & radioactive storms combine. DX12 really makes it appear a lot newer than the game engine is. The combined rendered image also has a much higher draw distance than the last PC build.

I am a PC gamer through & through and only bought an X1X as fed up with the HDR mess on PC (no proper HDR unless PlayReady 3.0 DRM system). Fallout 4 is a very good reason if you need one to buy an X1X as the newer build has much sharper textures, better AF, higher draw distance, stable FPS & vastly improved shader FX for almost the entire game. Screenshots & video do not sell the difference though you need to see the game in action on an X1X with a 4K Display to see the visible difference & improvements.

Well we can always hope.

Soldato
Well we can always hope.
Will not happen unless MS pay to have it on the Windows Store due to Creation Club mods there is no way to have this newer build on Windows 7. Bethesda could easily do it though if they wanted to as they only need to reuse the Xbox1X code which contains the Windows Store Xbox integration. The X1X looks so much better in action Bethesda should be doing all they can to make this happen on PC instead of this Fallout 76 nonsense!

Associate

Funny if they did half what u said there I think they would say that as it would be good PR for them ( U sure sure not an Xbox rep Joke :) seeing as its look the same from every image I have seen plus it only runs at 30fps at 4k with a dynamic horizontal resolution meaning it will lower the resolution if the fps falls below a point, they might have improved some textures but all the comparisons I have seen are a little off with the pc slightly better, they did improve the lod I had to find a mod to improve that and the pop in is better as well but a lot of ppl are complaining about frame drops.

There isn't any different shader's used they didn't rewrite the engine they just optimised it for the xbox one x and its most likely just using dx11 seeing as they is backwards compatible on dx12 hardware

Some people are reverting fallout 4 to the pre enhanced patch on xbox one x so they can run it at 1080p at 60fps with fewer frame drops

Don't get it wrong I think the xbox one x is good for people not wanting to get in to the complexity of a pc but wanting more power the crappy base consoles which only helps the pc with games with better textures sand effect as games company push that power.

Soldato
Funny if they did half what u said there I think they would say that as it would be good PR for them ( U sure sure not an Xbox rep Joke :) seeing as its look the same from every image I have seen plus it only runs at 30fps at 4k with a dynamic horizontal resolution meaning it will lower the resolution if the fps falls below a point, they might have improved some textures but all the comparisons I have seen are a little off with the pc slightly better, they did improve the lod I had to find a mod to improve that and the pop in is better as well but a lot of ppl are complaining about frame drops.

No Xbox rep joke I have nothing to do with them whatsoever! Bethesda DID do this! Screenshots & videos will not show you any real difference you need to actually be in front of an X1X hooked up to a decent 4K HDTV with a HDMI 2.0 spec cable for the full experience. Its simply better rendered on X1X the shader FX are vastly improved, the textures are sharper @ 4K due to improved filtering. The overall look is just superior. Its a new build made for the X1X clearly it uses whatever newer version of the game engine they are making Fallout 76 on.
https://bethesda.net/en/article/3Fc5lXAaFOSE6W2y8IgEE4/the-power-of-x-comes-to-bethesda-titles

There isn't any different shader's used they didn't rewrite the engine they just optimised it for the xbox one x and its most likely just using dx11 seeing as they is backwards compatible on dx12 hardware
It's totally different custom shaders X1X has an enhanced build which only runs on X1X its not compatible with the older Xbox One & only downloads & runs on an X1X. Its pure BS if anyone suggest otherwise! Fallout 4 on Xbox One vanilla is just the std game which is vastly inferior to the PC.

Some people are reverting fallout 4 to the pre enhanced patch on xbox one x so they can run it at 1080p at 60fps with fewer frame drops
Strange the FPS are very stable @ 4K for me. If you use the wrong HDMI spec cable then it will not work properly is most likely why they are going back to 1080 otherwise I call pure BS on this one. The vanilla Xbox One HD textures patch they are maybe reverting as an XB1 is not powerful enough for UHD texture pack but the X1X is more than powerful enough to run @ 4K with the enhanced textures.

Don't get it wrong I think the xbox one x is good for people not wanting to get in to the complexity of a pc but wanting more power the crappy base consoles which only helps the pc with games with better textures sand effect as games company push that power.
Its all good! X1X is ok for the money I mean I am a PC gamer through & through and have a 24 core 1920X + KFA2 GTX1080 HOF on a well over £3K PC but I can still enjoy games on X1X especially if they are clearly a newer build & better overall image in the case of Fallout 4 (one of my favourite games). X1X is currently the cheapest minimal hassle way to get proper HDR. On PC HDR is restricted to Intel Playready 3.0 DRM compatible systems & the cost of a PC UHD optical drive alone is almost the cost of an X1X!

As I said before if you really like Fallout 4 even if your a diehard hardcore PC gamer you must get an X1X & the GOTY of the game (currently around £18) then when you install the game it auto downloads the X1X enhancements & when you also download the HD UHD texture pack about 100GB later you are good to go. Fallout 4 looks fantastic not quite a 2018 game but also way better looking than the DX11 based 2015 release. For me I only got an X1X as I wanted no hassle HDR & its cheaper to buy that than mess around with buying an Intel GPU & UHD optical drive. Then I saw how good Fallout 4 looked so had to rebuy that as well as a few other games but Fallout 4 & Dead Rising 4 (with HDR) are the only real reason I bought the X1X. I will still always be a PC gamer & support any newer games but cannot deny the X1X does not do an effective job for the money its a sub £400 4K gaming device with proper HDR support.

Soldato
Here is a list of the improvements I have found in the Xbox 1X enhanced version:

Improved skyboxes with sharper clearer textures & almost HDR color range. Its not HDR but clearly uses an expanded palette. PC looks dull, murky & washed out by comparison.
Improved radioactive storm FX. Colours are now more vibrant & a few additional flashes of lightning have been added.
Improved weather FX. You now have more variety & it looks murkier than ever especially the pure white or blue fog!
Sharper clearer textures overall everywhere.
Superior shader FX for all water surfaces, oil surfaces, shiny metal surfaces.
Stronger default god rays FX & no FPS drops with them.
Improved loading times many locations stay in the 9GB Ram so when you exit & re-enter the location is instantly loaded.
Stable FPS no FPS drops at all @ 4K with the Bethesda UHD texture pack. Only ingame stuttering is caused by autosaving sometimes causes a few judders (fixed if you put an SSD into your X1X). Almost the entire game texture steaming is very smooth & seamless. Much faster loading than PC as well between locations.
Improved draw distance. Few objects now pop into view. You can see a long way into the distance from a hill for instance you can see most of the city clearly & in sharp detail.

Only minor issue I have found graphically is outdoors only when the sun is at a certain angle some of the textures look a little dull & lifeless as though its a bug & no shader FX are applied or Bethesda ran out of time to tweak it to look vibrant as it looks flat & dull. Could just be the dynamic resolution scaler though as its hard to pinpoint when & where exactly this happens & it usually goes away after a few seconds or save reload anyway. Apart from that X1X after spending over 100 hours on it now I can say its an improved experience over the PC due to the newer build & superior shader FX complier used (most likely the Fallout 76 compiler which is HDR enabled on X1X).

Associate
Here is a list of the improvements I have found in the Xbox 1X enhanced version:

Improved skyboxes with sharper clearer textures & almost HDR color range. Its not HDR but clearly uses an expanded palette. PC looks dull, murky & washed out by comparison.
Improved radioactive storm FX. Colours are now more vibrant & a few additional flashes of lightning have been added.
Improved weather FX. You now have more variety & it looks murkier than ever especially the pure white or blue fog!
Sharper clearer textures overall everywhere.
Superior shader FX for all water surfaces, oil surfaces, shiny metal surfaces.
Stronger default god rays FX & no FPS drops with them.
Improved loading times many locations stay in the 9GB Ram so when you exit & re-enter the location is instantly loaded.
Stable FPS no FPS drops at all @ 4K with the Bethesda UHD texture pack. Only ingame stuttering is caused by autosaving sometimes causes a few judders (fixed if you put an SSD into your X1X). Almost the entire game texture steaming is very smooth & seamless. Much faster loading than PC as well between locations.
Improved draw distance. Few objects now pop into view. You can see a long way into the distance from a hill for instance you can see most of the city clearly & in sharp detail.

Only minor issue I have found graphically is outdoors only when the sun is at a certain angle some of the textures look a little dull & lifeless as though its a bug & no shader FX are applied or Bethesda ran out of time to tweak it to look vibrant as it looks flat & dull. Could just be the dynamic resolution scaler though as its hard to pinpoint when & where exactly this happens & it usually goes away after a few seconds or save reload anyway. Apart from that X1X after spending over 100 hours on it now I can say its an improved experience over the PC due to the newer build & superior shader FX complier used (most likely the Fallout 76 compiler which is HDR enabled on X1X).

AWPC just look in the xbox support forum there a lots of ppl moaning about the performance with lots of video showing all the frame drops compared to the old version it may look sharper due to being 4k but 30fps please I was playing games at 30fps in the 90's its 2018 we shouldn't accept crap like that, I never play any game that doesn't run at 60fps as standard and also all you have to do is look at all the performance mods the xbox has with ppl doing Bethesda's job for them as normal but by turning stuff like godrays off or lowering the lod.

From every screen and video I have seen the game doesn't look that different apart from godrays which are hard to compare and Bethesda list the changes here I haven't seen any thing that makes me think its using anything but the standard engine crap as Bethesda like to do as little as possible, yes if ur playing it on a hdr tv then ur colour's will look a little better even if the game doesn't use it as the brightness of the colours in that tv will be better depending on the nit level.

The game is just the same on all consoles/pc they want to keep all versions as close to each other to make support ( don't laugh ) and patching as easy as possible if you had wildly different versions patching would be a nightmare what would fix a bug on one might break something on another.

I also play 3440 x 1440 ( ultra wide and ultra settings ) and have 500+ hours in fallout 4 but most of those are restarts I play for a month or two and then get bored and forget to backup my save the next time I reinstall point being I know what fallout looks like as standard.

I have no idea what you used to play on but loading times in the unmoded version is quick to load mainly as I use an ssd its only once you add over 100 mods does loading time become a problem if the mods add a lot of new unpacked files.

Soldato
2019 Thread resurrection time!

Bethesda just launched some new Fallout 4 content...a 3500 (£25 worth :eek:) Creation Club Credits Fallout legacy pack of cosmetics and some existing creation club content. The price is more than a little excessive @ £25 worth of creation club credits :rolleyes: then its almost =4 years old I love the game but even then I would not pay a penny for this & I doubt many others would either :(

GAC

GAC

Soldato
2019 Thread resurrection time!

Bethesda just launched some new Fallout 4 content...a 3500 (£25 worth :eek:) Creation Club Credits Fallout legacy pack of cosmetics and some existing creation club content. The price is more than a little excessive @ £25 worth of creation club credits :rolleyes: then its almost =4 years old I love the game but even then I would not pay a penny for this & I doubt many others would either :(

with the way todd was twisting and spurting out the pr bs in the ign video about fallout 76 im no longer surprised, the guy admitted they knew it would be a mess when it launched but would get better as all live services do apparently, bethesda as far as making their own games are a joke now. so for them to try and get money out of people again for fallout 4 just shows how grab happy they have gotten, remember the horse amour dlc :p seems they have just gone back to that level of greed.

Back
Top Bottom