** WIN AN RTX 2080 Ti by playing Quake II **

Calling all Overclockers,

We've got a 2080 Ti to giveaway in our community as celebration for the launch of Quake II RTX that's released today! The first 3 levels are playable for free. If you already own a copy of Quake II, you can play the complete campaign with Ray Tracing as well as getting access to multiplayer.

As Quake II RTX uses path tracing for the rendering of virtually everything, a GeForce RTX GPU with performance-accelerating RT Cores is strongly recommended. Both Windows and Linux are supported.

>> STEAM STORE DOWNLOAD LINK HERE <<

Quake II RTX Minimum System Requirements

Processor: Intel Core i3-3220, or AMD equivalent
Memory: 8 GB RAM
Graphics: NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2060, or higher
Storage: 2GB available space

If you want to learn more about the technology or why NVIDIA has remastered Quake II, check out this interview below, along with the launch article:

NVIDIA’s official article about Quake II RTX: https://www.nvidia.com/en-us/geforce/news/quake-ii-rtx-june-6-release-date/

quake-ii-rtx-rtx-on-screenshot-001-850px.png

Q: How much of the game can we play on RTX?

A: If you have a GeForce RTX graphics card, or other capable hardware, you can experience the first 3 levels of the game for free, fully remastered with path-traced graphics and a variety of other enhancements. And if you own a copy of Quake II, you can play the campaign in its entirety, and play against others in online multiplayer. Furthermore, the source code will be posted to GitHub, enabling others to expand on our work with further advancements and enhancements, or to use the code to ray trace Quake II mods and total conversions.

Q: How Do We Get Quake II RTX?

A: On June 6th, at 6am PT, we’ll release Quake II RTX as a direct download on our website. This will include the first 3 levels of the game, released freely in 1997 as shareware, plus all our new technological enhancements, updated textures, and enhanced models.

If you have the original Quake II release, download and install Quake II RTX from our website, run the installer, and point it to the full copy of Quake II when prompted so it can copy over the full game’s levels and assets.

When you boot Quake II RTX, you’ll get to enjoy the complete campaign, and experience multiplayer with real-time path tracing.

Q: What Hardware Do We Need For Quake II RTX?

A: As Quake II RTX uses path tracing for the rendering of virtually everything, a GeForce RTX GPU with performance-accelerating RT Cores is strongly recommended. As detailed in our ray tracing deep-dive, high ray tracing workloads necessitate the use of RT Cores, and Quake II RTX has the highest workloads of any ray-traced game released to date.

Quake II RTX Minimum System Requirements

Processor: Intel Core i3-3220, or AMD equivalent
Memory: 8 GB RAM
Graphics: NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2060, or higher
Storage: 2GB available space

Q: Quake II RTX Runs On Vulkan And The New NVIDIA VKRay Extension – Will There Be A Linux Release?

A: There will indeed be a Linux release of Quake II RTX, and it’ll launch alongside the Windows edition on June 6th. Come back then and check out our release article for download and installation details

Q: Will The Official Quake II Expansion Packs Be Supported?

A: We haven’t had the opportunity to update the expansion packs for Quake II RTX, but with the source code for Quake II RTX being freely available on Github other Quake II fans may take on the challenge.

quake-ii-rtx-rtx-on-screenshot-004-850px.png

“Stories from Stroggos” Quake II RTX Contest

Alongside the release of Quake II RTX, I'm very excited to announce that we are running a contest related to Quake II RTX.

Quake II is one of the most influential PC games of all time and everyone has a story or stories from their adventure in Stroggos. We would like you to share these stories in the form of:

- Screenshots
- Images with captions
- Dank Memes
- Gifs
- Videos (No kittehs)

Post your contributions related to Quake II RTX below this entry, be creative and get a chance to win an RTX 2080 Ti, the fastest gaming GPU out there.

How long will this contest run: From Thursday, June 6th, 2019 GMT+1 to Sunday, June 30th, 2019 GMT+1

What do you need to submit: Share your Stories from Stroggos in the form of images with captions, gifs, or videos.

Good luck!

Last edited:
Associate
OK.. so I have an RTX 2080Ti and i can comment on this an win an RTX 2080Ti.. sounds like a great idea and totally over the top.. just like I remember Quake was! I'm going to have to see how to get creative.

Associate
OP
@Connor@Overclockers Let me get this right, if you already have an RTX card you can win an RTX card?

Totally - although I think the expectation from NV is that GTX 10 series users will also download and try the Quake RTX experience even if it's at lower settings, they enabled RTX to run on 10 series cards a little while back.

I mean, it should run on most cards given how old it is, but if not I'll be setting up some RTX machines in the shop so everyone's got the chance to enter!

Soldato
Here is an example provided by Nvidia: https://imgur.com/a/vOC86o0

OMG I nearly wet myself laughing click on the above link to view their pics then click on next post and look at what the woman has got on her head. They look strangely lewd. Then look at the 2nd and 3rd pictures down. Think Nvidia made a bit of a boob with this one !! LOL

Man of Honour
Totally - although I think the expectation from NV is that GTX 10 series users will also download and try the Quake RTX experience even if it's at lower settings, they enabled RTX to run on 10 series cards a little while back.

I mean, it should run on most cards given how old it is, but if not I'll be setting up some RTX machines in the shop so everyone's got the chance to enter!

Cheers for the clarity dude, just seemed an odd way to promote RTX when you kinda require RTX to really participate. Still a freebie is a freebie!

Associate
OMG I nearly wet myself laughing click on the above link to view their pics then click on next post and look at what the woman has got on her head. They look strangely lewd. Then look at the 2nd and 3rd pictures down. Think Nvidia made a bit of a boob with this one !! LOL

Oh I gotta get me one of those. For my cat...... obviously.....

Soldato
RTX is a total joke along with current GPU pricing, AMD need to get back into the GPU arena, we need another R9 290x to smash nGreedia into line.

Associate
Had to go round my mates house too see it being run on this RTX2070 fps was low to me , but game looked so nice , i only have a 980ti at min so it a no go for me playing it on my PC .

Looks like Quake 2 RTX is the new crysis 3 benchmark game :)

Back
Top Bottom