BMW demand full payment of modified M4 on finance

Soldato

This bit?? Middle of day cars passiong both sides tell me how this is not plain Retarded thing to do @Vita I am crazy but not stupid...

No fair play to you for answering the question.

My point is, everyone does it. Even when cars and other people are about. He'll either learn and realise the hard way or just carry on doing what he's doing.

Caporegime
I think his point was, not everyone goes 150MPH when there is traffic around. Theres a difference between what he was doing in that clip, and going 40 in a 30. Or even 50 in a 30.

Caporegime
I saw a video of you leaving a car meet like an imbecile recently @Acme so who are you to judge?

While that may not have been sensible, spinning a wheel in the wet when leaving a car meet /= driving at 150MPH around traffic. Its 'tradition' of leaving a car meet or show! Plus if I had lost control the consequences would have meen minor. At worst I would have knocked over a cone and damaged my pride. :p

Last edited:

mrk

mrk

Man of Honour
A bit of speed here and there does no harm. The key is to drive tastefully and to the conditions surrounding the road at the time. He seems to mash the pedal at every chance.

I also asked a question about a car once and he never replied.

So f him!

Soldato
Just got my hire car in spain, paid £37 a day for it so i fully own it now, just going to run 700hp in it and take the bits off when i give it back, and post loads of youtube videos on it. This ok ya?

Soldato
The key is to drive tastefully

I'll have to use that one next time my driving is commented upon! :)

I find quite a few of the more interesting youtubers are pressing on but IMO reasonably well calculated risk wise and don't have an issue, then you have a few others that raise a few eyebrows..

Soldato
I did a quick test last night on a bit of private road and top of 3rd in the M3 is ~95mph, no idea what top of 4th would be, probably >120mph.

I've thought from the offset that this chap from LLF drives like an idiot.

LiE

LiE

Caporegime
A bit of speed here and there does no harm. The key is to drive tastefully and to the conditions surrounding the road at the time. He seems to mash the pedal at every chance.

Agreed. Coming off a roundabout onto an empty dual carriageway is completely different to a busy road surrounded by cars. No one anticipates or expects a car moving at speeds over 100mph. You may be a god driver, but everyone else around you can still mess up.

Caporegime
I think his point was, not everyone goes 150MPH when there is traffic around. Theres a difference between what he was doing in that clip, and going 40 in a 30. Or even 50 in a 30.

How many people have actually gone 150MPH full stop. I did it once on the Autobahn and even with 4+ lanes it felt sketchy as contrary to popular belief German roads are not smooth as a billiard table. I am no driving god but have done several tracks days. I would never in a million years attempt something like that on normal British A roads.

It still remember watching this video. The car is clearly the kids pride and joy and he instantly regretted giving him the keys!

mrk

mrk

Man of Honour
Oooh never saw that video, lunchtime watching material sorted :D

I did a quick test last night on a bit of private road and top of 3rd in the M3 is ~95mph, no idea what top of 4th would be, probably >120mph.

I've thought from the offset that this chap from LLF drives like an idiot.

It's over 130 in 4th, at least on the S54 engine anyway. 3rd tops out at around 115.

Agreed. Coming off a roundabout onto an empty dual carriageway is completely different to a busy road surrounded by cars. No one anticipates or expects a car moving at speeds over 100mph. You may be a god driver, but everyone else around you can still mess up.

Man of Honour
I saw a video of you leaving a car meet like an imbecile recently @Acme so who are you to judge?

So much burn.

While that may not have been sensible, spinning a wheel in the wet when leaving a car meet /= driving at 150MPH around traffic. Its 'tradition' of leaving a car meet or show! Plus if I had lost control the consequences would have meen minor. At worst I would have knocked over a cone and damaged my pride. :p

Then I watched the video. I don't get it, that was pretty slow. At worst a fly was going to get it :p

I was expecting this - https://www.motor1.com/news/148726/bmw-destroyed-leaving-car-meet-scotland/

Soldato

Most roads in the UK are just not good enough quality to go that fast on them. You'll get rattled to death or hit a series of potholes and get flung off the road :\

Soldato
I’m pretty sure I saw a video where he said they’d terminated his insurance as someone had seen his videos!

They demanded a big chunk of extra cash because he hadn't declared the mods before sharing the videos everywhere - either that or they cancelled and he went elsewhere. I just remember him getting caught out basically.

Back
Top Bottom