• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Something super is coming...

Soldato
Increased core count be good to see and nice left-field surprise as didn't we think it was just beam upgrades before and binned cores?

Soldato
Hmmm interesting.

RTX 2080 SUPER will have 3072 CUDA cores, 192 TMUs, 48 SM counts, 384 Tensor cores and 48 RT cores compared to my RTX 2080 with 2944 CUDA cores, 184 TMUs, 46 SM counts,
368 Tensor cores and 46 RT cores.

RTX 2080 SUPER has unlocked extra 128 cores, 8 TMUs, 2 SM counts, 16 Tensor cores and 2 RT cores.

Look good and I probably will get RTX 2080 SUPER depend on benchmarks.

Caporegime
Hang on. The fact Nvidia feel the need to refresh the lineup surely means Navi is gonna be competitive.

Or simply yields are better, memory can be sourced faster for same price, production costs are down and Turing has been out for a year but their next GPU 3000 series wont be out until next year. A small change in firmware and binning, some dosh on marketing and adjust price points will see an increase in sales.

Nvidia did similar with Pascal, versions with faster memory and some adjustments in prices plus new models like 1070ti.

Of course releasing near Navi will only help nvidia with reviews and reduce navi's impact. I don;t think Nvidia was that worried with AMD releasing a 2070 performing Navi at 2070 prices, but if Nvidia drop 2070 by $100 then it immediately screws up AMD's pricing models.

Soldato
Hang on. The fact Nvidia feel the need to refresh the lineup surely means Navi is gonna be competitive.
Quite possibly yes and that would be the better outcome. Alternatively Nvidia may feel now is the time to ‘end’ AMD, given that intel is entering the market and they no longer need AMD to get around anti competition laws.

Soldato
Quite possibly yes and that would be the better outcome. Alternatively Nvidia may feel now is the time to ‘end’ AMD, given that intel is entering the market and they no longer need AMD to get around anti competition laws.

Nvidia cant end anything due to the fact AMD are not a one trick pony. They probably could put more pressure on AMD's gpu division but it wouldn't make to much of a difference due to how well AMD are doing in other fields as off late. AMD gpu division don't really rely solely on PC sales anyhow as they have console and plenty of other outlets. Possibly in 2020 AMD may even be able to compete again with a whole new Architecture. Nvidia will do what is best for there profits and I doubt that's dropping cards at great prices which is probably what they would have to do to take AMD out of the desktop market.

Soldato
Nvidia cant end anything due to the fact AMD are not a one trick pony. They probably could put more pressure on AMD's gpu division but it wouldn't make to much of a difference due to how well AMD are doing in other fields as off late. AMD gpu division don't really rely solely on PC sales anyhow as they have console and plenty of other outlets. Possibly in 2020 AMD may even be able to compete again with a whole new Architecture. Nvidia will do what is best for there profits and I doubt that's dropping cards at great prices which is probably what they would have to do to take AMD out of the desktop market.
Yes I should have had said end discrete desktop sales which will happen anyway if Navi can’t compete.

Man of Honour
2080ti at 1080p only does 30fps. Classic.

I wish people would stop trotting out lines like this and actually breakdown whether the effects and advancements over traditional rendering techniques are worth it. Something that screenshots ultimately poorly show as statically older lighting techniques can look quite good it is when you have movement in the scene the differences really start to show.

Back
Top Bottom