Case options for IB250MH LGA1151 motherboard

Associate
Hello, shot in the dark here but I have some M710T desktops and want to put them in new cases, its an ATX board but also has a front panel built onto the board which is the first worrying point. I guess i can disable that so its not a feature in the new case but just wondering if standard ATX cases would fit this board or is it too "custom".

Alternatively would I be better moving the CPU, RAM, M2 SSD, 180w PSU, GT730 GPU, 1TB SATA disk into another motherboard? Any recommendations there, under £50.

Thanks,

Soldato
Looking at some pics of the M710T's innards, it looks like it has a non-standard PSU with a similarly non-standard connection to the mobo. This makes it very unlikely the PSU will fit in any new case nor would it connect to a new motherboard. Your list of available parts is reducing.....
Moving the bits to a new mobo will probably require a new Windows licence too. This sort of exercise is rarely worthwhile unless you have a really good reason for wanting to do it.

Associate
I couldn't find very good pictures of the motherboard and PSU, but it looks to me like a proprietary PSU with 10pin Lenovo motherboard connector. There appear to be some models that have a TFX size PSU, but I couldn't quite tell. Would you be keeping the original PSUs and moving them into the new cases too? Able to provide photos of the motherboard and PSU to check?

If it is indeed a Lenovo 10pin motherboard connector, there are actually PSU 24pin to 10pin adapters that you can buy. This would enable you to purchase a standard PSU to work with the current motherboard if need be. If you did decide to use said adapter, I recommend testing the resulting voltage outputs from the adapted cable with a multimeter to make sure the output voltages are exactly the same as the original PSU.

Regarding whether the motherboard would physically fit in another case, this shouldn't be a problem as long as you get the appropriate form factor case. But it would be best to first measure the dimensions of the motherboard and check that the standoff positions are the same.

Associate
Having said all that, I'm not sure it's really worth the effort and cost to migrate the components to another case.

If I may ask, what's the reason for wanting to change case?

Associate
OP
well the desktop i wanted to sell as its a very good spec but not much interest in something so branded. but i agree seems more hassle than value. thanks for checking anyways everyone.

Back
Top Bottom